Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

13 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Oh, thanks man. They made some minor changes I guess. I think it's odd that they changed it because it's usually the advertisers paying the studio for product placement. We may see some ads of Sonic delivering USPS packages. Kinda like this

Very nice drawing, dude. 

Yea, it's odd that the logo seem different, I guess, I assume they didn't want to pay to get permission to used the logo. So, they just changed a bit to avoid getting sued by the company for using their logos without permission. Not sure why. Anyway, thanks for appreciating my talent.

I'd love to hear it from you guys about your thought on Sonic Movie.

1.Will you see this movie at Day One?

2.From 1 to 10, how much you trust the team that making this movie? Tim, Jeff, Van, Patrick.

3.How do you feel about the synopsis that appear from many internet source/news outlet so far? And do you wish it was the real plot for the movie or you wish it was become different?

4.What did you expected to see from the movie beside hoping it's good?

5.What do you want from the potential sequel (if it happen)?

6.Do you plan to get a video release after the movie? if yes, which format you'd like to get? DVD, Blu-ray Full HD, 3D, 4K HDR, iTunes, watched in Netflix, etc.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

2.From 1 to 10, how much you trust the team that making this movie? Tim, Jeff, Van, Patrick.

3.How do you feel about the synopsis that appear from many internet source/news outlet so far? And do you wish it was the real plot for the movie or you wish it was become different?

6.Do you plan to get a video release after the movie? if yes, which format you'd like to get? DVD, Blu-ray Full HD, 3D, 4K HDR, iTunes, watched in Netflix, etc.

1. I would see it day 1 in theaters, but I usually just wait for the DVD release for any movie because it's cheaper.

2. I'd say 8-10 maybe.

3. Well I'm not going to say yet. Until we get an official synopsis from Sega or Paramount themselves with a trailer, then I'll be able to make a decision based on what we have. But until then I'll wait before I say anything.

4. Mainly Sonic characters, robots, speed, action, darker elements, music and humor close to what the series is known for. I'm Not wanting a repeat of Shadow the Hedgehog (story-wise it was good, it's just a few of the darker elements) in this film.

5. If Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Rouge or Infinite don't make it into the first film, then I would like to see those characters in a sequel. If it happens. Because it's likely that the first film will have Amy, Knuckles, Tails, Orbot, Cubot, Metal and Chaos outside of Sonic and Eggman. Shadow could still get a mid-credits scene though in the first film.

6. Yes, like any other movie that I have, it'll be DVD. Despite it possibly losing some special features (like deleted scenes for Ratchet & Clank, Pirates 5 and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom), I'll get it regardless as I don't watch those very much anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could see Tails, Amy, Knuckles, and possibly maybe Cream, Cheese, Rouge, and the Chaotix appear in the movie. Maybe Big could also appear as an cameo. Sadly, it's doesn't seem likely that they will appear. It's likely that Sonic will probably be the only CGI character in the movie. I don't know, if any of them will appear in the movie, but who knows? We will see.

BTW, filming in the highway will begin tomorrow.:

On an unrelated note, the guy who will voiced Sonic in the movie play Sonic Mania on the Switch. He play it before he got the role to play as him in the movie.:

Isn't Marza involved in the movie? I think people are forgetting that they are still involved in working on this.

97176266-1141-4BC6-945B-67C85CD55776.png

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

1. Absolutely

2. 7/10

3. I'm fine with it. The ET-esque story about two different creatures finding a common friendship could be pretty compelling. I like the inclusion of the Government because its something that makes sense and grounds the movie a bit more. 

4. Crazy, action sequences of Sonic vs the military and Robotnik's robots. A compelling character arc for Sonic - about how someone who is immature and carefree has to learn how to become responsible because he's the only one who can stop the threat. Maybe Tom himself has been in a similar situation as Sonic in the past. Carrey as Robotnik is obviously going to be a highlight of the movie. 

5. There are 2 routes i could see them taking for a sequel. The Ultimate life form/Shadow if they want to lean into modern Sonic lore or Metal Sonic, introducing Tails, Knuckles and Amy for the first time if they aren't in the first film. Keeping in theme with the Genisis era 

6. Blu Ray 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/9/2018 at 8:05 AM, SmezMorePrakezz said:

1.  I have to, even if the advance critic reviews says it sucks.  Its been a childhood dream of mine and I shall fulfill that promise.

2.  Enthusiasm doesnt necessarily equate quality, but I trust Van and Jeff.  Id say I trust them between a light 6 to a decent 7 on the Fantano scale.

3.  The plot is a bit concerning since it sounds cliche but Im hoping they put a twist on it.  As in being self-aware and poke jokes at the whole Smurfs/live action CG assumptions.  Just shatter those negative expectations and do something that will blind side everyone.  ie make Green Hills a co-existed town of anthros and humans.

4.  That the positive reception of it garners more sequels and spin offs as Jeff Fowler intends. 

5.  What I WANT:  The SatAM/Archie Freedom Fighters.  A simple cameo would suffice at least.

What I EXPECT:  The main Sega cast.  Tails, Amy, and Knuckles.  Possibly Rouge and Shadow.  If theres sequels the characters should gradually be introduced instead of all shoehorned.

6.  Whatever format is the most high end.  We're talking a Spring 2020 release which rings in a new decade so who knows what type of media will be available then 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/10/2018 at 1:05 AM, SmezMorePrakezz said:

The answer depends on several factors, so I cannot say so definitively. I'll leave it at "probably."

Solid 8. I am worried, but this is mainly from unclear information. But if Van wanted to write a Mean Bean Machine joke in there, I'm quite confident. Although, that reminds me of the Ratchet & Clank movie, in which had suffered from too many of those kinds of references (as great as they were)...

Please be different. Cliche as hell, and does not scream "Sonic" to me. Sonic to me is adventure, attitude, getting up and out there, and doing what must be done to save the world. It is not mess around with a cop and hide from the government (SA2 makes it's difference in running, not hiding).

Respect for the franchise most of all. The last thing we need are radical changes to what we know of Sonic that are completely laughable, giving more fuel to the fire of bad video game film adaptations, and to the "Sonic was never good" mentality. What the team is doing feels respectful of the franchise, but I cannot say the same for the theories about the movie running around.

Higher stakes, and not to shove in characters that need their backstories explained to be understood (Shadow, Blaze, Silver, etc).

That depends on the quality of the movie. If it's great, maybe I'll grab the DVD. If it's bad, sorry, but no. I mean, I love DOOM and Ratchet & Clank, but that doesn't mean I'm begging for the DVDs of their movies, which aren't that good.

On 9/9/2018 at 8:05 AM, SmezMorePrakezz said:

1. Maybe.

2. I will gave it an 8 out of 10. They all seem enthusiastic of making this.

3. I feel ok about the plot synopsis. I think it is an fine plot. 

4. I expected a lot of action, car chases, and some humor. Maybe we could see Sonic's friends in the movie. I could see a big fight of Sonic fighting Metal Sonic in the town, like this one.:

5. Well, I could see Shadow play an big role in an sequel, if it were to happen. He is perfect to save for an sequel.

6. No, because I could watch this online, when it is available in HD to watch at home anytime.

BTW, here are some fan art and some news.:

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

Yep, he has the "hair"

I'm gonna be honest, I've always wondered what hairstyle Eggman would have if he did have hair for most of my life... And I'm flabbergasted that a few years ago I literally settled on this same hairstyle.

• Thumbs Up 1

I ain't sure if this deserves it's own topic but I decided to post it here anyways.

So this is something about the Sonic movie that isn't really discussed and that would be a game tie-in for the film. So I thought of few questions about the game, to see what you guys think the game would/should be like.

1. Should it be like Unleashed (minus the Werehog sections) with boosting or something completely new?

2. Should Sonic Team be the developers or should someone else like Insomniac Games develop it?

3. Should the voice cast be the same as the film or the main series?

4. Should the game go beyond the film with more characters, story elements and locations?

5. Should there be more than one playable character outside of Sonic?

6. Should it be multi-platform?

6 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

1. Should it be like Unleashed (minus the Werehog sections) with boosting or something completely new?

2. Should Sonic Team be the developers or should someone else like Insomniac Games develop it?

3. Should the voice cast be the same as the film or the main series?

4. Should the game go beyond the film with more characters, story elements and locations?

5. Should there be more than one playable character outside of Sonic?

6. Should it be multi-platform?

1.Yes, if the movie is showcasing Sonic's speed, the games should too. That mean it need to have boost gameplay.

2.Let Sonic Team take their time on their mainline Sonic games, seriously. I prefer the team that understand Sonic and know how to make action games. For me?...Platinum Games, or Creative Assembly...can be any production house.

3.If possible, should use voice from the film, it'd be weird if it different.

4.Depends, I can't tell. Can be expanded if the film planned for a sequel.

5.No. IMO. It isn't "adventure" style gameplay. Boost formula is best suit only for Sonic.

6.It's a MUST, especially PC!

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

1.Yes, if the movie is showcasing Sonic's speed, the games should too. That mean it need to have boost gameplay.

You do realize that Sonic was fast before the boost, right?

Hello everyone,

I am a huge Sonic fan and was recommended to these forums by a friend of mine from SHH.

I honestly can't wait to see what Sonic looks like. Really exciting times ahead for us Sonic fans.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Myst said:

You made it! Welcome aboard! :)

Thank you my friend!

I wish we could just time travel to March already...

I'm very curious as to what my fellow members of these forums think Sonic will look like?

On 12/8/2013 at 9:12 AM, Dejimon11 said:

If they were going to use celebrity VA's Tara Strong has to be tails Jim Carrey has to be eggman and orbot and Tom Kenny has to be cubot

You got your wish about egg man lol!!! 

Great prediction.

From what we know so far, I have a feeling it'll probably be Classic Sonic. (Though I'd prefer an SA2 styled Modern Sonic)

If they do go the Classic route, I hope he's modeled after the Sonic CD version of the character, and not the Generations/Forces chubby take in Sonic. 

I doubt they'd change the design in any way from the game canon. I think these guys have passion for Sonic and want to do it right.

• Thumbs Up 1