Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

On 12/7/2018 at 8:14 PM, CaptainRobo said:

If that's what he really looks similar to, then I will be absolutely fine with Sonic's design and textures in the movie. Honestly, that's probably the best case scenario we could get here-- I'll be glad to see if whoever was calling the shots managed to make him work in an endearing way a lot like Pikachu did in Detective Pikachu.

Now for the movie's content. I'm not that peeved that Sonic's friends aren't in this, and am sort of looking forward to Sonic's dynamic with this Tom cop guy, which looks interesting in terms of conflict and character development for the both of them. I think their friendship will be unique when compared to the others, and to better develop it, I don't mind the use of just Sonic and Eggman. I really hope that this is a fun film to watch, whatever happens.

Now all they have to do is use typical try-hard, aaaaawwwwkaaaard movie humor and an over-reliance on crude and possibly sexual jokes to completely and utterly ruin this movie for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

By the way, since it's been bugging me for a bit throwing around a piece of art without crediting the original artist

1) Here's the full picture by Mauricio Abril
Mauricio-Abril-POPCade-Sonic-the-Hedgeho

and 2) here's the link to his website (http://www.mauricioabril.com/) as well as directly to the article talking about the piece (http://www.mauricioabril.com/2014/05/12/popcade-show-success/#!prettyPhoto)

Okay, with that done continue as normal please (though despite having seen this picture for the first time sometime back I just now noticed that Tails, Amy, & Knuckles are also in the pic)

• Thumbs Up 7

On 12/7/2018 at 8:14 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Hopefully Sonic looks more detailed than this. This still doesn't fit into live action. Add more detail to the eyes and the limbs (twig arms/legs make no sense anatomically) and the peach colored parts should be furry too or have a realistic texture. He still looks like a plastic doll. 

They need to fully embrace the Pikachu art style. Classic design but realistic details. 

• Absolutely 1

I think it will be a more modern sonic with added "realism" like in that picture a few posts above. I do hope though that if it does turn out to be "classic sonic", meaning that sonic has his classic brown/black eyes instead of green, that some fans do not get salty over it. For one, I've never been a huge fan of the distinction in the first place (although it makes sense and I get it) and would rather sonic just be called sonic in the mainstream. I'd also like the series to follow suit and just put it's best foot forward with one idealized sonic in the main games, but that's another thread.

Anyway, brown/black eyes vs green eyes, hope people dont care either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

That art style doesn't looks so bad... but... I personally also have no hopes left for the movie. They almost never talk about it and we still have to see some trailers. This movie will come out next year and we have seen nothing of it. 

43 minutes ago, UpCDownCLeftCRightC said:

I think it will be a more modern sonic with added "realism" like in that picture a few posts above. I do hope though that if it does turn out to be "classic sonic", meaning that sonic has his classic brown/black eyes instead of green, that some fans do not get salty over it. For one, I've never been a huge fan of the distinction in the first place (although it makes sense and I get it) and would rather sonic just be called sonic in the mainstream. I'd also like the series to follow suit and just put it's best foot forward with one idealized sonic in the main games, but that's another thread.

Anyway, brown/black eyes vs green eyes, hope people dont care either way.

The Classic design is more iconic to the nostalgic audience although I'm sure the majority of people can't be bothered to tell the difference between Classic and Modern. I think he will be Classic, though. I.e brown eyes, shorter legs and round stomach. All signs point to their version of Sonic being more  Classic-inspired 

9 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

By the way, since it's been bugging me for a bit throwing around a piece of art without crediting the original artist

1) Here's the full picture by Mauricio Abril
Mauricio-Abril-POPCade-Sonic-the-Hedgeho

and 2) here's the link to his website (http://www.mauricioabril.com/) as well as directly to the article talking about the piece (http://www.mauricioabril.com/2014/05/12/popcade-show-success/#!prettyPhoto)

Okay, with that done continue as normal please (though despite having seen this picture for the first time sometime back I just now noticed that Tails, Amy, & Knuckles are also in the pic)

What a time for me to accidentally click this thread.

Wtf is up with Buffles and Amy back there with Dreamcast!Tails?

Here we goooooo!

Good or bad, I'm just glad Sonic's finally making it to the big screen! I've literally been waiting for this since 1991. (Yes I'm an old fart)

I am scared.

I cannot deny, everything about this movie has given me some bad vibes. All I can hope now is that Sonic at least looks faithful to who he actually is. His design is classic, it is beloved, and I just hope the movie crew respect that.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Eurisko said:

The Sonic film's advertising has officially begun. And when the words soon and IGN are together, it usually don't take long. Like in the same day.

Plus I like the electricity effects on the Sonic Movie logo. But whats it for? Because Sonic doesn't generate electricity while running. Well I guess he could cause static electicity at those speeds.

Either way I'm beyond excited to see footage, after waiting so long after the film was announced. But remember this could just be the teaser from 
Paramount's CCXP Panel last week. But obviously I was wrong about it releasing with Bumblebee.

• Thumbs Up 1

They really did it.. they really turned Sonic into a monstrosity.

That.. explains the motion capture I guess. Oh god, what will his face look like..

I'll take Ryan Reynolds Pikachu any day over this

• Thumbs Up 3

It's the eyes that are gonna look fucked. You can see they're like regular, round hedgehog eyes, presumably set against white fur. The article even says Sega weren't happy with the eyes lol.

I admit this poster is a bit concerning, but it is just a shilouette. 

I like Sonic's new shoes, and his running stance too. Logo looks incredibly cheap, though.

I admire the fact that Sega has loosened up a bit with their guidelines. I mean, THAT is quite different from the Sonic we know and Sega has always been very protective of how Sonic looks and acts. Seems like they're letting the creative team try new things.

They couldn't let pass the "FROM THE CREATORS OF THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS". They even bolded and paint it yellow lol

Because you know. It's Sonic and he is fast. And some people will be furious. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 4

Wow, it’s almost like trying to take such a stylistic character and force it into live action isn’t a good idea.

at least we still have the ova

• Thumbs Up 4