Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Interesting observation: I'm sat here in work all outraged all the non-fans/Sonic neutrals I've shown the design to have thought it's pretty cool. Maybe this will appeal... to someone.

I'm not typing it again... but here is my take on it... At least to me this is a symbol for what was revealed today.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, Myst said:

I admit this poster is a bit concerning, but it is just a shilouette. 

Don't do this.

You can say it's "just a silhouette", but it's backing up one of the biggest (and not unfounded) concerns that people have had about this film the moment that it was announced. Don't imply that people should have any reason to hold off from negative judgement or wait until they've seen more when there's always been a strong and reasonable precedent for trepidation. 

• Thumbs Up 6

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/10/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-first-look-check-out-the-exclusive-official-poster?abthid=5c0e64623739c3747d000b0e

Now according to IGN's article this was said

Miller confirmed that part of this new story will not take place on Earth, while Moritz said, "I think the audience can expect to find some Easter eggs. We don't want to reveal any of that stuff, but I think there will be some very exciting things that fans of Sonic will get to see in this movie."

Okay the part that they mention won't be on Earth, sounds to me how the film will start. And that the non-Earth segments could be all CGI and Sonic may have a different appearance on Earth than he did in His World (joke intended).

But onto the character design, Sonic's head looks for the most part alright. His nose is shaped more like an actual hedgehog now. But if Sega wasn't happy about the eyes, then how is it the teaser was so well received at the CCXP Panel. Now his arms look alright to me, but he's missing his gloves.

What I can see of his torso, I guess is fine but they need to keep the peach coloring.

But his legs don't look right to me, and his shoes don't really look like his. They look shoes that anyone would wear.

Now I guess rings are somewhat confirmed. Because why remake the sounds?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 2

1 minute ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

tumblr_pjivx0B8hi1ud5l1to1_1280.png

I could see a part of his eye in that silhouette and I already have a bad feeling about what it'll be like.

I can see the outline too, but I have a feeling they'll be relatively the same just not connected like the games.

But if his face and eyes are better than we think. Than at least keep whiskers off of him. They did that with Sly Cooper and I didn't care for it.

Yeah, I'm not liking what I'm seeing at all. It feels like it's a edgy joke mockup poster for a Sonic movie you'd see online, not an official one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now, now guys, remember, this is the work of many fans of the character and franchise, right? You wouldn't wanna break their little hearts now, would you?

Just now, Tarnish said:

Now, now guys, remember, this is the work of many fans of the character and franchise, right? You wouldn't wanna break their little hearts now, would you?

That's exactly what I want to do.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

Just now, MarioAmigosYT said:

I will still watch it....

EVEN WITH THE DESIGN HOLY EGGMAN IT'S BAD

I'll still watch it as well to save many the troubles so I can detail on the majority of it after.

OK, the design looks bad.

Guess I'll keep on enjoying what I like Sonic-wise and ignore this then ? Or mock it a little.

But I don't need to SCREAM and PANIC and yell that THE FRANCHISE IS DOOMED. The franchise survived Sonic Labyrinth, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Boom. It will survive this.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

I will still watch it....

EVEN WITH THE DESIGN HOLY EGGMAN IT'S BAD

Ah man, almost forgot about what Eggm- er, I mean, Dr. Robotnik will look like.

4 minutes ago, Adamis said:

But I don't need to SCREAM and PANIC and yell that THE FRANCHISE IS DOOMED. The franchise survived Sonic Labyrinth, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Boom. It will survive this.

I mean I'm sure that's what SEGA thought of the SEGA CD, the 32X and the Saturn before they had to exit the console business with the Dreamcast, so..we'll see.

Also, a franchise that pretty much has zero identity at this point in time is pretty dead to me already as a fan, so there's that as well.

2 minutes ago, Adamis said:

At some point you've got to start considering quality of life and not just survival.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Diogenes said:

At some point you've got to start considering quality of life and not just survival.

I'm happy with the quality of my life thank you :)

This isn't even "survival". It's just one (more) spin-off.

50 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Exactly as horrible as any Sonic fan would expect.

Actually, much much much much much much... WAYYYYYYYYYY MORE HORRIBLE I COULD EVER IMAGINE -_-

If Sega is aiming to make a movie as good as Mario Bros, I think they nailed it.

1 minute ago, Razule said:

Ah man, almost forgot about what Eggm- er, I mean, Dr. Robotnik will look like.

215298282_Screenshot2018-10-14at6_22_47PM.thumb.png.83b133440ea7e04b271623f6740533ca.png

we should prepare for the worst or else.....

I genuinely didn't expect it to be this bad.
I thought they would at least have the most basic grasp of the appeal of Sonic's design if nothing else.

It looking weird in live action isn't a good excuse when things like Space Jam and such exist.
People can deal with things looking a little disjointed, changing an iconic design this much is an awful idea.

• Thumbs Up 2