Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Jesus Christ all might that looks hideous.

I hope we do get a trailer today during or after the Super Bowl and I hope it is as bad as it looks. That was a baaaad idea.

• Thumbs Up 3

So we have different types of people:

1. The ones who want to boycott Sonic in every possible way.

2. The ones who clearly aren't Sonic fans and want him to look that monstrosity. And only post here btw.

3. Those who just want to hurt themselves and want the movie to be bad for masochist reasons.

Man, this fanbase is a wild ride.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here is a picture of Stephan Bugaj taking a picture of the poster with an kid, which I’m assume that’s his daughter.:

For those who don’t know, who is this guy is. He is one of the employees who work at a company called dj2 Entertainment, which is one of the companies that is working on the movie. He also had a picture of Sonic as his Twitter background picture.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Or 4. Sonic fans that are genuinely excited for the movie....

The concept of the movie anyway. Currently the only thing to be excited for is what it "could" be, what Sonic "could" look like.

The latter is something we should already know though.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

So we have different types of people:

1. The ones who want to boycott Sonic in every possible way.

2. The ones who clearly aren't Sonic fans and want him to look that monstrosity. And only post here btw.

3. Those who just want to hurt themselves and want the movie to be bad for masochist reasons.

Man, this fanbase is a wild ride.

I want to see it fail hard because everybody knew from the moment they've announced it as a live action CGI hybrid it would suck. Well, everybody except the people actually making the movie.

Make a 90 minutes action/adventure animated movie like Spide-verse, The Incredibles, Ralph or EVEN, the game's openings (Unleashed, Lost World)? Nah, let's go back to 2004 and make another Garfield movie! That works muuuuuch better. Especially Sonic which was ALWAYS well received by the critics and fans when mixed with humans, right? /s

Seriously. Worst idea ever.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

I want to see it fail hard because everybody knew from the moment they've announced it as a live action CGI hybrid it would suck. Well, everybody except the people actually making the movie.

Make a 90 minutes action/adventure animated movie like Spide-verse, The Incredibles, Ralph or EVEN, the game's openings (Unleashed, Lost World)? Nah, let's go back to 2004 and make another Garfield movie! That works muuuuuch better. Especially Sonic which was ALWAYS well received by the critics and fans when mixed with humans, right? /s

Seriously. Worst idea ever.

I feel that's more of a prejudice than an opinion. I'm not saying we should blindly support Sonic in any case but... Hope for the best (before it's late and we know for sure it sucks)? Is that too irrealistic? Sonic X was popular as an idea and even as a show, this movie has the same concept but with a sarcastic cop instead of a brat kid. The realistic Sonic is a whole different topic however...

1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

I'm definitely excited to see what Sonic looks like in FULL and see an actual trailer. Personally, I'm gonna see the movie no matter what - I've been a lifelong Sonic fan, there's no way I'd miss him being on the big screen. xD

I guess if I REALLY end up disliking everything I see, it could sour me on seeing the movie... but from everything I've seen so far with his silhouette and knowing the general idea of what the plot is, nothing has turned me off enough to avoid seeing the movie when it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Hope for the best (before it's late and we know for sure it sucks)? Is that too irrealistic?

I would like to hope for the best but their lack of PR, marketing, and keeping the people involved on the same page for how to talk about the movie has turned this into a complete and utter mess. Everything I've heard has turned me away in one way or another though and I've yet to be convinced otherwise. It's hard to have hope when everything you've been presented doesn't appeal to you. Still though, I'm trying to be patient and wait for the first trailer to drop, but even then the general lack of faith I see around this project leaves me with an unpleasant taste in my mouth.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

I hope Sonic looks like this:

a0vsc1.jpg

I prefer that leaked concept poster over this.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really don't think a teaser is happening tonight. @ParamountPics twitter page would have teased it if there was.

• Absolutely 1

7 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

???

Trollpost on twitter. Mistook it as confirmation of a teaser.

3 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

Ditto. The fans who want to see this movie are not "fake fans" just because they aren't frothing at the mouth over Sonic's thighs. To suggest so is highly condescending and frankly, ridiculous. 

At 24 years old, I've been a Sonic fan since the late 90s to early 2000s -- played every game (yes, even the handhelds), watched every cartoon and even have the merch (the Jazwares stuff) We all don't have to be a hive mind,@Jack the Shadow okay? I was posting on Sonic fan forums since 2007. Don't patronize us for liking this design/movie. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

4 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

I hope Sonic looks like this:

a0vsc1.jpg

I too wish for Sonic to look ugly, it fits his attitude.

10 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Ditto. The fans who want to see this movie are not "fake fans" just because they aren't frothing at the mouth over Sonic's thighs. To suggest so is highly condescending and frankly, ridiculous. 

At 24 years old, I've been a Sonic fan since the late 90s to early 2000s -- played every game (yes, even the handhelds), watched every cartoon and even have the merch (the Jazwares stuff) We all don't have to be a hive mind,@Jack the Shadow okay? I was posting on Sonic fan forums since 2007. Don't patronize us for liking this design/movie. 

That's fine, we can respect your opinion. You like it, and we can't change that.

But when you retort to our feelings, saying that the design "has to look like this," and that making a movie like this is "the only way," you're not respecting that some of us personally feel like this isn't the Sonic movie for us. Some of us like it, and that's fine. Some of us don't like it, and that's also fine. But to argue with our feelings and call out "you're wrong" towards it is ridiculous. Allow those of us who don't like the movie as it looks to hold that opinion, and we'll allow you to enjoy the movie as you do.

Those of us who do attack you for your opinion, please ignore them. It's very rude that they will also state "you're wrong" in return, despite you being beholden to your feelings on the film.

• Thumbs Up 9

24 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Absolutely!! Well said my friend....

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

That's fine, we can respect your opinion. You like it, and we can't change that.

But when you retort to our feelings, saying that the design "has to look like this," and that making a movie like this is "the only way," you're not respecting that some of us personally feel like this isn't the Sonic movie for us. Some of us like it, and that's fine. Some of us don't like it, and that's also fine. But to argue with our feelings and call out "you're wrong" towards it is ridiculous. Allow those of us who don't like the movie as it looks to hold that opinion, and we'll allow you to enjoy the movie as you do.

Those of us who do attack you for your opinion, please ignore them. It's very rude that they will also state "you're wrong" in return, despite you being beholden to your feelings on the film.

Right. You guys have a right to feel the way you do and I realize that hence why I stay out of these arguments now. 

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:51 AM, keksy said:

Before official release of teaser  i have made classic sonic from Sega MD Sonic 2 posters.

I think they could of do something like that too...

https://skfb.ly/6AJDO 

image.thumb.png.866f0a8f8f029190bbb86e7441c0cd2c.png

This is one of the  best  Sonic fan art I've ever seen.

No trailer during the Super Bowl. Not surprising, since movies that releasing in the Fall, were never advertised during at that time. Guess, we probably have to wait till March to see the first trailer. I feel like the tweet that the official Sonic Movie Twitter posted kinda teased when the trailer will be releasing. What if we get our first trailer on the day when Sonic and the Black Knight was released? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Also, we could get our first look of Sonic at the NY Toy Fair. It is starting in the next two weeks.

https://www.toyfairny.com/

32 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

No trailer during the Super Bowl. Not surprising, since movies that releasing in the Fall, were never advertised during at that time. Guess, we probably have to wait till March to see the first trailer. I feel like the tweet that the official Sonic Movie Twitter posted kinda teased when the trailer will be releasing. What if we get our first trailer on the day when Sonic and the Black Knight was released? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Also, we could get our first look of Sonic at the NY Toy Fair. It is starting in the next two weeks.

https://www.toyfairny.com/

I literally just said this a few pages back with a video and an article to go along with it. But I'll just go ahead and post the video here again.