Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

One thing the film’s not really slacking on is world building. Have you seen that plaque with the history of Green Hills, Montana? And minor things like the donut shop and the town sign are nice too. It’s interesting to see that this film has the most world-building in the franchise in years...

You know, I'm hoping that there will be a chase scene similar to this, since half of the movie will take place in San Francisco.:

Spoiler

sonic-generations-e3-city-escape-modern.jpg

City_Escape_01.png

Sonic-Generations-City-Escape.0.jpg

Cityescape14.png

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I'm sure there are other low level jokes besides fart jokes they could have used if they really wanted to. So that doesn't make me sigh in relief.

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

You know, I'm hoping that there will be a chase scene similar to this, since half of the movie will take place in San Francisco.

I doubt they would incorporate 'snowboarding on asphalt/concrete' unless they decide, despite the 'realistic setting': screw physics, we're doing it.

12 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

doubt they would incorporate 'snowboarding on asphalt/concrete' unless they decide, despite the 'realistic setting': screw physics, we're doing it.

I reckon that part will DEFINITELY be in the movie. Actually, when I was out in SF a number of years back I saw a load of homeless dudes sliding down on the hills on trays and other bits of junk for a laugh.

So it does work it real life lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want Sonic to have a legit character arc. Maybe about him accepting responsibility and shedding his immature, juvenile shell to save people from Robotnik. 

Robotnik's arc could be about his descent into madness. His downfall; he is slowly going more and more insane as he becomes more and more obsessed with Sonic. By the final act, he's dangerously unhinged 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

2 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

So it does work it real life lol.

But were they fast enough to outrun a chasing car/truck and were they able to jump WITH the trays? How well could they maneuver on the trays to avoid cars? =P

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

I just want Sonic to have a legit character arc. Maybe about him accepting responsibility and shedding his immature, juvenile shell to save people from Robotnik. 

Robotnik's arc could be about his descent into madness. His downfall; he is slowly going more and more insane as he becomes more and more obsessed with Sonic. By the final act, he's dangerously unhinged 

I love the sound of this. 

We already know that Sonic will be “lazy” in this movie. Maybe as the movie progresses, he will become the best person he can be. 

6 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Can't say I disagree. It's kind of frustrating having to deal with the fandom's negativity every day. Doesn't mean he has to be rude at them, I'm doing my best to try to avoid that. Besides yeah, "it's too early to hate".

Hey I found a compilation of teasers for this movie and it showed a 3rd one at the end. It's just Sonic boosting again with the logo slowly appearing and the words "Official Trailer"

Is this real? Something is telling me that it's fan made

After seeing the latest IDW Sonic the Hedgehog Comic, I'm hoping Eggman, or we can call him Robotnik have something similar like this.:

Spoiler

6be.jpg

BTW, Tika haven’t seen Sonic’s design yet.

4 hours ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Hey I found a compilation of teasers for this movie and it showed a 3rd one at the end. It's just Sonic boosting again with the logo slowly appearing and the words "Official Trailer"

Is this real? Something is telling me that it's fan made

It spells Offical Trailer in this, lol you guys... 🤔

4 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Somebody had an uncle who worked at the filming set and he got this jacket.

I just find it ironic that the logo is a proper Sonic logo, and not something from the movie.

Everyone on here keeps talking about trailers, but again...forgetting the fact that the film comes out in 9 months (movie probably isn't even finished yet).

Like I said previously, trailers don't typically release that early. They usually release about 5 or 6 months before the film releases. Take Detective Pikachu for example. That movie comes out in early May, and we got a trailer in early November.

My bet is on May or June. We could get a tiny TEASER soon if anything, but I find it unlikely.

So, I found this video from Collider. They talk about the movie very briefly. One of the film critics, Jeff Sneider say that he had hear good things about the movie, which might surprise people.

Skip to 22:55 to hear it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh my, O-my, I would love to see this movie be a critical success. Jeff is a trade reporter people, if he's hearing good things, that can only be amazing 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 3

13 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

One of the film critics, Jeff Sneider say that he had hear good things about the movie, which might surprise people.

Would the studio even allow him to say negative things about the movie so much before release? I'm not a movie buff, but usually before release everyone 'has' to praise the upcoming movie to heaven and back, and it's always after the theatrical run that we get the stories of 'Yeah, this movie ran into this and that problem'.