Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

It seem that we got an cinematographer working on the movie. His name is Stephen Windon, he seem to previously worked on Star Trek: Beyond and The Fate of the Furious. Also, the article mention the recent news about Paul Rudd.

https://omegaunderground.com/2018/05/29/sonic-movie-lands-star-trek-beyond-and-fate-of-the-furious-cinematographer-paul-rudd-in-talks/

Since, the movie will have some cop related things, I decided created this picture. Enjoy!

sonic_car_chase_by_kitsuoi-dccy119.thumb.jpg.629dc0e7cbd39de3a48e6cf2f27f597e.jpg

Oh, I think these are main characters from Golan the Insatiable. By the way the Sonic movie writers created the show.

golan-the-insatiable.jpg?w=1000&h=563&cr

Nice drawing keep it up! The cars are good too.

• Thumbs Up 1

So it's pretty much going to be a Sonic X in live-action then, huh?  With Paul Rudd as a cop buddy in the vein of something like a terrible 90s family film?  Well, guess that settles the question as to whether Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva's crown as best video game movie was going to be stolen.

13 hours ago, SBR2 said:

On the one hand I liked Paul Rudd in Ant-Man. On the other teaming Sonic up with a cop is really dumb.

Well, I always wanted SEGA to base a movie loosely on one of the games...

...I just hadn't expected them to pick Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car as their focus.

• Chuckle 8

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

It seem that we got an cinematographer working on the movie. His name is Stephen Windon, he seem to previously worked on Star Trek: Beyond and The Fate of the Furious. Also, the article mention the recent news about Paul Rudd.

https://omegaunderground.com/2018/05/29/sonic-movie-lands-star-trek-beyond-and-fate-of-the-furious-cinematographer-paul-rudd-in-talks/

Since, the movie will have some cop related things, I decided created this picture. Enjoy!

sonic_car_chase_by_kitsuoi-dccy119.thumb.jpg.629dc0e7cbd39de3a48e6cf2f27f597e.jpg

Oh, I think these are main characters from Golan the Insatiable. By the way the Sonic movie writers created the show.

HELL YES! Beyond and Fate had some absolutely beautiful cinematography! Especially Star Trek Beyond. This movie is definitely coming together. Expect a lot of announcements this month 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, QuantumEdge said:

So it's pretty much going to be a Sonic X in live-action then, huh? 

People keep saying that but outside of having a Human Buddy how is this at all like Sonic X?

8 hours ago, Razule said:

Well.. there's less reason for an off-duty soldier to be running around a city doing soldier things than a police officer just being a police officer. 

One would hope a Sonic movie would take place in much more than just a city. 

8 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Not a complete Shadow direction, but the story was what the series needed despite certain plot holes like duplicate Shadow and Chaos not being as powerful as the originals even though they were described like that (also not to mention cutscenes being replaced with on map conversations which became annoying especially in Episode Shadow and a Infinite boss fight with Shadow and Classic Sonic would've been nice too), but Metal and Zavok were just as powerful. But the story and the inclusion of Infinite is way better than what happened with Lost World.

Eh, not exactly.

Remember that Zavok, much like Knuckles and unlike most of the other Zeti, was able to engage Sonic hand-to-hand and block the Homing Attack, with the Charged version being require to actually do damage and the fully Charged version being used to knock him off of the mini-dragon they were fighting on. Meanwhile, the clone was notably the only one to get knocked by Sonic in the intro and even seemingly went down after Sonic repeatedly punched and Homing attack'd him off the Death Queen.

And that Metal Sonic clone had to size itself up for the battle at the Red Gate Bridge. Need I even mention Shadow and Chaos as well?

Thus, the clones were all actually  weaker than the originals.

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Oh, I think I recall seeing something about that years ago.

Not sure what that says about the Sonic movie.

8 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

People keep saying that but outside of having a Human Buddy how is this at all like Sonic X?

It apparently takes place primarily in a city.

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I want to say that in the first few episodes of Sonic X. 

Sonic forges a friendship/rivalry with a racing car driver named Sam who turns out to be a former cop?

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I want to say that in the first few episodes of Sonic X. 

Sonic forges a friendship/rivalry with a racing car driver named Sam who turns out to be a former cop?

Special F1 Car driving policeman but yeah, your absolutely right.

Please don't dye Paul Rudd's hair ginger like his, it wouldn't work on him.

I wonder how everyone will react if the movie is a box-office smash and grosses over 500m worldwide and has positive critical reception 75-80%. On RT

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

I wonder how everyone will react if the movie is a box-office smash and grosses over 500m worldwide and has positive critical reception 75-80%. On RT

Pleasantly surprised and wowed, perhaps with more restored faith around the globe.

I'm not sure if I can really get behind the idea of "Sonic fans make up only a fraction of the box office, therefore it's a good thing for the film to be generic and cliché to attract the general public at the expense of a film that's actually about Sonic". It seems to operate on the strange logic that only two types of people exist: hardcore Sonic fans, and chronic normies with zero knowledge of the franchise.

Pretty much any film based on a pre-existing license relies on brand recognition, so I'd have thought the main target audience, if not fans, would be 20-40 year olds who see the trailers/posters and think "Wow, I loved playing the Sanics when I was a kid, this might be fun!" and therefore would have some prior knowledge of the source material, limited or not.

Let's be real for a moment. There was one reason and one reason alone why the "Human main character" approach was taken- because it's cheaper that way. If they can have a human character play a big part in the film then a large percentage of the films' scenes can be produced without any of that expensive animation. Nobody would actually admit to liking that approach to a film adaptation, but plenty will still get suckered in via the brand name alone.

• Thumbs Up 7

The guy who played Ant Man is no longer considered playing the main lead. However, they considered the following people to play the main human lead in the movie.:

- Jason Segal (The Muppets and Gulliver's Travels)

- Jack Black (Kung Fu Panda, Gulliver's Travels, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, King Kong, Nacho Libre, School of Rock, and Goosebumps)

- Owen Wilson (Cars and Wedding Crashers)

- Ed Helms (The Hangover, We're the Millers, and Vacation)

Also, this is unrelated, Jack Black and Jason Segal were both featured in Gulliver's Travels.

39 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

okay so I went on the article expecting this to just be "inside sources" and rumors again but uh

Paramount has reached out to us and says that Paul Rudd is no longer in the running for the role of Tom.

uh

this is now confirmed to be real

uh

• Way Past Cool 1

8 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

The guy who played Ant Man is no longer considered playing the main lead. However, they considered the following people to play the main human lead in the movie.:

- Jason Segal (The Muppets and Gulliver's Travels)

- Jack Black (Kung Fu Panda, Gulliver's Travels, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, King Kong, Nacho Libre, School of Rock, and Goosebumps)

- Owen Wilson (Cars and Wedding Crashers)

- Ed Helms (The Hangover, We're the Millers, and Vacation)

Also, this is unrelated, Jack Black and Jason Segal were both featured in Gulliver's Travels.

Not going to lie...none of these actors feel good for the role to me. Like, I'm trying to imagine the concept "Jack Black works with Sonic the Hedgehog as a main character portraying a cop" and it sounds terrible. Which is kinda lame because I like the actors mentioned here, Jack Black especially.

7 minutes ago, Ayliffe said:

okay so I went on the article expecting this to just be "inside sources" and rumors again but uh

uh

this is now confirmed to be real

uh

It took you this long to believe the Sonic movie was a thing that was happening? 

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

It took you this long to believe the Sonic movie was a thing that was happening? 

No, not the film in general - it's that Paramount contacting the site specifically to correct them about Tom the Cop's casting means that the fucking buddy cop rumour is fucking legit what the fuck

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ayliffe said:

No, not the film in general - it's that Paramount contacting the site specifically to correct them about Tom the Cop's casting means that the fucking buddy cop rumour is fucking legit what the fuck

Obviously it was real. Hashtag has been a very reliable source these past couple of months 

Theyre describing sonic as a Hyperactive and off the walls character. isnt that basically the polar opposite of him i always viewed sonic as a more laid back sarcastic guy.

1 minute ago, A sonic fan said:

Theyre describing sonic as a Hyperactive and off the walls character. 

Oh fucking hell, this sounds even worse. This sounds like the AoStH version of Sonic who was more or less a worse version of Bugs Bunny than the laid-back confident cocky snarker personality Modern usually has or the glory-hog sometimes petty and expressive version Classic has had with Mania Adventures. 

11 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

HELL YES! Beyond and Fate had some absolutely beautiful cinematography! Especially Star Trek Beyond. This movie is definitely coming together. Expect a lot of announcements this month 

Also, he did work on some of the other previous FF movies like Tokyo Drift, Fast 6, and 7. He also worked on G.I. Joe Retaliation. You can see more of his works here.:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0934752/

When I see this tweet. It say that the main lead will be an highway patrol officer. I bet Jack Black is going to play the human lead.:

13 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Nice drawing keep it up! The cars are good too.

Thanks! I appreciate the praise.