Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

47 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

This can't be the plot of the movie. Van (original writer) said it would be nothing like Smurfs or Alvin. Now unless Patrick Casey and that Cloverfield writer COMPLETELY rewrote the entire treatment for the movie - the general pitch will remain the same. Plus Paramount and Sega want a franchise out of Sonic. Paramount needs a new flagship franchise after Transformers 5 bombed so Sonic can't go home.

This is how I'm willing to bet the movie will go:

Movie begins with some kind of scene on Sonic's planet. Maybe a fight between Eggman (If he's from Sonic's world) or some kind of accident that causes Sonic, Tails, Amy and Knuckles etc to be transported to Earth. (During this scene many of Sonic's friends make cameo appearances in the background) Maybe each land in different parts of the world. We follow Sonic as he lands on Earth, starts running around and freaking out and he ends up in a High speed highway chase with the police "What the hell is that thing... It looks like a blue.. Hedgehog??"- They corner Sonic somehow and Tom the cop (one of the officers involved with the chase) calms him down and takes him in for questioning. "We're not going to hurt you" so Sonic explains to the Police that something happened on his planet that caused him to teleport to Earth and how he HAS to find "His friend Tails, to rebuild the transporter" and the Cops already in disbelief from what they're seeing laugh at him except Tom who quickly befriends Sonic. 

Word spreads that a real life "alien" is being held in Police Custody all over the Station Square  news channels. People on the Highway have caught smartphone footage of Sonic's chase with the police and this catches the attention of the world's leading robotics manufacturer Dr. Ivo Robotnik (Yes, the movie plays up the irony of his name for comedy) from Robotnik.Inc He's obviously unhinged and very egotistical. This man devotes all of his resources and time to figuring out what Sonic is and where he came from.. During the second act - Somehow, he finds a way to Sonic's world (Tails gets captured by him?) and he gets his hands on some Mobian technology. He combines Earth robotic technology with the alien technology & creates the Badniks which sets up the climax/third act of the movie. Eggman (Dubbed by Sonic as a joke poking fun at his his slighty overweight round egg-like body) broadcasts a message to the entire world (with the classic Eggman logo flashing on the screen) that he intends to rebuild the entire world, a better world free from corruption and greed, a world that he will control for the better- yadda,  yadda. He says that resisting would be futile and then proceeds to "Roboticize" a person on camera to show the world what will happen and he will start with Station Square. PANIC ensues after the broadcast. Tom at this point has helped Sonic find Tails and Amy (who was in Paris) cue a joke about there being "3 talking animals". Tails builds some sort of device (using Earth technology btw) that will help stop Eggman. Eggman launches a full-scale invasion on SS- Sonic and Tails fly in on the "Tornado" as they watch in horror as *hundreds of people are running through the streets of the city with a huge roboticizing machine chasing behind them which is turning hundreds of people into humanoid badniks. The final battle ensues in the city. Sonic, Tails and Amy battling Eggman's robots Avengers-style in the city. Amy using her pikko pikko hammer, Tails being sky support (ala Iron Man) shooting robots in the air with the Tornado and Sonic taking out loads of enemies with spin-dashes and speed punches. Eventually they make it to Eggman (while Tom and the police force do something to help but their guns are useless as the Badniks are too technologically advanced) Sonic fights Eggman one on one in the Death Egg Robot and turns into Super Sonic using the Chaos Emeralds. He beats Eggman, shuts down all of the robots and Robotnik is sent to a High-Security GUN Prison swearing revenge on Sonic "I'll get out. And when I do, I'll get you. It's not over, Sonic!" 

Final scene between Tom, Sonic, Tails and Amy. Tails theorizes that they could theoretically use the Chaos Emeralds to go home. But Sonic decides to stay. "To stick around on Earth for awhile, he likes this place" and Tom is very happy about this and Sonic hugs Tom for helping him. The end.

Mid credits scene is Knuckles waking up in Egypt and people being freaked out. A funny scene but setting up Knucks tor a bigger role in Sonic 2.

Post credits is some mysterious person sliding a paper document under the door of Eggman's Prison Cell. It says "Gerald Robotnik" and the camera pans down further to "Project Shadow; the Ultimate Lifeform" Eggman smiles. Cut to black.

So yeah, that's a rough idea of what I'm expecting or at least hoping for.

Ya wanna spoiler all of that pal?

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

he ends up in a High speed highway chase with the police 

About that highway chase scene, that would be an good idea. I actually already draw an picture of this to imagine Sonic running through an highway filled with cars stopping and avoiding him.

sonic_running_through_a_highway_by_kitsuoi-dc52k9p.jpg

2 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

This can't be the plot of the movie. Van (original writer) said it would be nothing like Smurfs or Alvin. Now unless Patrick Casey and that Cloverfield writer COMPLETELY rewrote the entire treatment for the movie - the general pitch will remain the same. Plus Paramount and Sega want a franchise out of Sonic. Paramount needs a new flagship franchise after Transformers 5 bombed so Sonic can't go home.

This is how I'm willing to bet the movie will go:

Movie begins with some kind of scene on Sonic's planet. Maybe a fight between Eggman (If he's from Sonic's world) or some kind of accident that causes Sonic, Tails, Amy and Knuckles etc to be transported to Earth. (During this scene many of Sonic's friends make cameo appearances in the background) Maybe each land in different parts of the world. We follow Sonic as he lands on Earth, starts running around and freaking out and he ends up in a High speed highway chase with the police "What the hell is that thing... It looks like a blue.. Hedgehog??"- They corner Sonic somehow and Tom the cop (one of the officers involved with the chase) calms him down and takes him in for questioning. "We're not going to hurt you" so Sonic explains to the Police that something happened on his planet that caused him to teleport to Earth and how he HAS to find "His friend Tails, to rebuild the transporter" and the Cops already in disbelief from what they're seeing laugh at him except Tom who quickly befriends Sonic. 

Word spreads that a real life "alien" is being held in Police Custody all over the Station Square  news channels. People on the Highway have caught smartphone footage of Sonic's chase with the police and this catches the attention of the world's leading robotics manufacturer Dr. Ivo Robotnik (Yes, the movie plays up the irony of his name for comedy) from Robotnik.Inc He's obviously unhinged and very egotistical. This man devotes all of his resources and time to figuring out what Sonic is and where he came from.. During the second act - Somehow, he finds a way to Sonic's world (Tails gets captured by him?) and he gets his hands on some Mobian technology. He combines Earth robotic technology with the alien technology & creates the Badniks which sets up the climax/third act of the movie. Eggman (Dubbed by Sonic as a joke poking fun at his his slighty overweight round egg-like body) broadcasts a message to the entire world (with the classic Eggman logo flashing on the screen) that he intends to rebuild the entire world, a better world free from corruption and greed, a world that he will control for the better- yadda,  yadda. He says that resisting would be futile and then proceeds to "Roboticize" a person on camera to show the world what will happen and he will start with Station Square. PANIC ensues after the broadcast. Tom at this point has helped Sonic find Tails and Amy (who was in Paris) cue a joke about there being "3 talking animals". Tails builds some sort of device (using Earth technology btw) that will help stop Eggman. Eggman launches a full-scale invasion on SS- Sonic and Tails fly in on the "Tornado" as they watch in horror as *hundreds of people are running through the streets of the city with a huge roboticizing machine chasing behind them which is turning hundreds of people into humanoid badniks. The final battle ensues in the city. Sonic, Tails and Amy battling Eggman's robots Avengers-style in the city. Amy using her pikko pikko hammer, Tails being sky support (ala Iron Man) shooting robots in the air with the Tornado and Sonic taking out loads of enemies with spin-dashes and speed punches. Eventually they make it to Eggman (while Tom and the police force do something to help but their guns are useless as the Badniks are too technologically advanced) Sonic fights Eggman one on one in the Death Egg Robot and turns into Super Sonic using the Chaos Emeralds. He beats Eggman, shuts down all of the robots and Robotnik is sent to a High-Security GUN Prison swearing revenge on Sonic "I'll get out. And when I do, I'll get you. It's not over, Sonic!" 

Final scene between Tom, Sonic, Tails and Amy. Tails theorizes that they could theoretically use the Chaos Emeralds to go home. But Sonic decides to stay. "To stick around on Earth for awhile, he likes this place" and Tom is very happy about this and Sonic hugs Tom for helping him. The end.

Mid credits scene is Knuckles waking up in Egypt and people being freaked out. A funny scene but setting up Knucks tor a bigger role in Sonic 2.

Post credits is some mysterious person sliding a paper document under the door of Eggman's Prison Cell. It says "Gerald Robotnik" and the camera pans down further to "Project Shadow; the Ultimate Lifeform" Eggman smiles. Cut to black.

So yeah, that's a rough idea of what I'm expecting or at least hoping for.

Your idea Is pretty good i would be content if the movie was like that.

in my dream idea

Spoiler

sonic and humans co exist due to an accident happening a 100 or so years ago due to the chaos emeralds that merged sonic's world with the humans, they had a war but eventually made peace. in sonic's era anthros and humans co exist and sonic is a laid back guy who was born with a mutation giving him super speed in a flash back he befriends tails who also got a mutation  which gives him two tails. sonic messes around with his speed and isnt really responsible. Dr. Ivo Robotnick runs the world wide leading tech company called E.G.G which he boasts about alot which leads sonic to giving him the nickname eggmman due to his shape and his constant boasting. Sonic meets a guy called tom who says that the police force need a guy with his skills to help with a mission on getting some info on eggman who is under suspicion and that only he can help . Sonic doesnt care and moves forward. eggman destroys part of the city and takes control using a chaos emerald. sonic sees the horror caused and feels guilt for not helping he joins up with tom and they need to get remaining 6 emeralds before eggman otherwise the whole world will be under his control. They agree and run and travel trying to find them sonic sees a robber robbing someone in a 3rd world country and decides to help, he is applauded and feels intense happiness. eventually they find the rest after overcoming some obstacles and meet knuckles for the last. knuckles talks about a legendary golden warrior who could harness the emeralds powers and shows them the mural. Knuckels talks about how powerful the emralds are and how they caused the accident long ago after someone used the power of chaos control. ( this is foreshadowing the sequel).  Knuckles reluctantly gives them his emerald. they gather them all and are relieved but then eggman showes up with many robots. a battle occurs and eggman steals the emeralds. eggman launches the death egg robot which completely destroys most of the city and is ammune to all bombs and guns. sonic tries to fight it but is beaten he feels all the guilt and shame epic music starts the emeralds are glowing and sonic turns super sonic then a huge battle happens between super sonic and the death egg robot.  he gets beat and arrested sonic is the hero of the day the emeralds are in the governments custody knuckles is allowed to guard the master emerald. all is well shadow gets teased before the credits.

15 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Whipped this up on a photo editing app. This is a rough idea of what I'm expecting Sonic to look like. Realistic fur, slightly toned down body proportions and more futuristic looking tech on him. Like what he got in Adventure 1 and 2 (Bounce Bracelet, soap shoes etc)  which in the movie universe, could have been built by Tails. 

938uPni.jpg

Click on the image for the full size pic in greater detail 

Looks ok, but kinda creepy. No offensive, but good job trying to be creative with the design. Hopefully he and his friends won't end up looking creepy in the movie.

This is what could Paul Rudd look like if he was going to appear in the movie.:

Dej-86GWkAES0ZY.png

Source: https://twitter.com/NibrocRock/status/1002331455916269573

Paul and Sonic:

Dej4Ny7W0AIkz9T.jpg:large

Source: https://twitter.com/NibrocRock/status/1002323991166582786

This is unrelated to what we talking about, but both Paul Rudd and James Marsden appear in an movie called Anchorman 2, which is the sequel to the first one which Paul also appear in that.:

DelhbhbV4AAygUi.jpgDelhbhbVAAADd0_.jpg

Anyway, now back to the topic, if there is going to be any car chases in the movie. I hope they will be bad ass as this one. Besides, the guy who will produce the Sonic movie produce this.

and this one.:

Hopefully, the action is bad ass as this one. Neal H. Moritz also produce this and he also appear in this clip as the driver of the white Land Rover.:

• Thumbs Up 2

Has anyone else thought about who would be doing the music for the film? Could we possibly get crush40 (maybe for a Live & Learn or It Doesn't Matter remix) back to do the film? Or would they get a multitude of other groups similar to what they did in Forces (or other groups for the other games' themes from Shadow to Colors) for the film. I don't know, its just an overlooked topic for the film. Now I understand the story and characters are a bit more important than music at this point, but just thought it'd be interesting to see how the music is handled.

12 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Has anyone else thought about who would be doing the music for the film? Could we possibly get crush40 (maybe for a Live & Learn or It Doesn't Matter remix) back to do the film? Or would they get a multitude of other groups similar to what they did in Forces (or other groups for the other games' themes from Shadow to Colors) for the film. I don't know, its just an overlooked topic for the film. Now I understand the story and characters are a bit more important than music at this point, but just thought it'd be interesting to see how the music is handled.

Nah, I'm pretty sure we're not gonna get any of that. 

I mean, since it's a theatrical movie, let alone a theatrical CHILDREN'S movie, I'm pretty sure we're just gonna have whimsical orchestral remixes of Sonic 1 level themes. 

And if there WILL be vocal songs, I'm pretty sure they're gonna be 2012-esque pop songs, because, hey, the producers want to be 2hip with the kids, but obviously don't know HOW.

According to YVRShoots, they say that filming will lasted until September. The article about the working title say that filming will lasted until October. Just to let you know, YVRShoots covered news about TV shows and movies filming in Vancouver. 

http://yvrshoots.com/2018/05/big-movie-james-marsden-cast-in-live-actionanimated-sonic-the-hedgehog.html

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

If we get music it's 100% going to be from some mainstream pop artist.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who would you like to see compose music for the Sonic movie? Who do you think should do the score?

15 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Who would you like to see compose music for Aquaman? Who do you think should do the score?

What?

7 hours ago, A person, that exists said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure we're not gonna get any of that. 

I mean, since it's a theatrical movie, let alone a theatrical CHILDREN'S movie, I'm pretty sure we're just gonna have whimsical orchestral remixes of Sonic 1 level themes. 

And if there WILL be vocal songs, I'm pretty sure they're gonna be 2012-esque pop songs, because, hey, the producers want to be 2hip with the kids, but obviously don't know HOW.

Did anyone mind the Mania shorts using whimsical orchestra music? 

There have been some rumors that Junkie XL (Deadpool, Mad Max, Batman v Superman) is lined up to do the score. I think it's going to him. And we might get some orchestra remixes of classic Sonic stages. I imagine there will be a couple of pop songs too 

3 hours ago, Razule said:

What?

I had the same reaction haha

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Did anyone mind the Mania shorts using whimsical orchestra music? 

I hate to cut in hear, but he was just noting that whimsical orchestra music is kind of expected in animated adventure movies.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Who would you like to see compose music for Aquaman? Who do you think should do the score?

Are you asking who should compose the music for the Sonic movie? Aquaman already have an composer. They hired some guy named Rupert Gregson-Williams to compose the music. So, this have nothing to do with this topic. Sorry. 

Anyway, if there is going to be songs for the movie, I think SEGA and Paramount are going to hired some mainstream artists to make some songs for the movie. They might make music videos for the movie songs. 

• Nice Smile 1

7 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

They might make music videos for the movie songs. 

They actually did this with Ratchet & Clank's bad news travels fast.Still don't know why they switched songs, the original being Live it up.

9 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Are you asking who should compose the music for the Sonic movie? Aquaman already have an composer. They hired some guy named Rupert Gregson-Williams to compose the music. So, this have nothing to do with this topic. Sorry. 

Anyway, if there is going to be songs for the movie, I think SEGA and Paramount are going to hired some mainstream artists to make some songs for the movie. They might make music videos for the movie songs. 

Could some of the artists in the movie then make the jump to the games?

Ugh. I was tired and I was reading about the Aquaman movie on the SuperHeroHype Boards. 😑

So, a couple weeks ago, I asked Van and Patrick, who they think will appear in the movie. However, I only got an response from Van. This is his response.:

https://twitter.com/VanTheBrand/status/996925533534351360

Since, Eggman's voice actor Mike Pollock is not an actor, there is a high chance that they might end up casting some random Hollywood actor to play him. He might look like something similar like this.:

DeU70ZYU8AAoBlv.jpg:large

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Could some of the artists in the movie then make the jump to the games?

Possible.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Dress Mike Pollock up in CGI that looks exactly like Eggman from the games to the point where all he has to do is provide the voice. 

Do that for Roger Craig Smith as well.

Do that for the environment too. Make that entirely CGI.

Also, get rid of Tom the Cop.

Basically, just make it CGI and have it be about Sonic fighting Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, which characters do you guys think will appear in the movie? 

Sonic, Tails, and Eggman are the obvious ones. Knuckles, Amy, and Metal are next in line, depending on the plot.

And I heard that Chaos is supposed to be in the movie as well.

Eggman... Without Eggman's VOICE?! THIS CANNOT BE! *faints*

But hey, I totally get it. If only we could have gotten some kind of compromise to get Mike Pollock in the role...

My main worry is that they 'reinvent' Dr Eggman similar to how Bowser was butchered in the Mario movie to the point that he's essentially a completely different character. As Eggman is often one of the highlights of these sort of things, that would pretty much sink the movie... unless they actually managed to make an effective and compelling alt-Eggman (like, for example, the SatAM Robotnik who was significantly different to Eggman but an effective character in his own right and fit within the show's context).