Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

Modern™

Even though Jasmine and Pocahontas more or less look like they should?

But I suppose.

I wonder if there will be product placement in the movie. I bet this will be in the movie. LOL.

2018_chevrolet_sonic_angularfront.jpg.76b5c35e5df29818abe3ad698b95e319.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, CaptainRobo said:

I wonder if there will be product placement in the movie. I bet this will be in the movie. LOL.

2018_chevrolet_sonic_angularfront.jpg.76b5c35e5df29818abe3ad698b95e319.jpg

Maybe because he's in the real world, Sonic will also lose his powers and have to drive a blue car

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Razule said:

Maybe because he's in the real world, Sonic will also lose his powers and have to drive a blue car

Maybe he'll turn into a 20-something hipster who wears a blue beanie and jacket and once Tom and co defeat Eggman, we finally catch a glimpse of his true form as he says goodbye and goes home

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

2018_chevrolet_sonic_angularfront.jpg.76b5c35e5df29818abe3ad698b95e319.jpgI wonder if there will be product placement in the movie. I bet this will be in the movie. LOL.

And who received the only certified Knothole Seal of Approval?

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

Maybe he'll turn into a 20-something hipster who wears a blue beanie and jacket and once Tom and co defeat Eggman, we finally catch a glimpse of his true form as he says goodbye and goes home

...What are you referencing...?

32 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

...What are you referencing...?

A version of Enchanted 

36 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

A version of Enchanted 

I tried researching what you were talking about and got this.

IMG_9799_copy1_b0192da0-e171-47ae-91db-d978a2b66ac5_1024x1024.jpg?v=1469181398

10 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I tried researching what you were talking about and got this.

IMG_9799_copy1_b0192da0-e171-47ae-91db-d978a2b66ac5_1024x1024.jpg?v=1469181398

nRfOyVM.jpg

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

What do you mean?

11 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

nRfOyVM.jpg

Why is Queen Grimhelde's witch form on that poster?

1 minute ago, CaptainRobo said:

What do you mean?

Chevrolet, with their Blast Processing Technology!

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Chevrolet, with their Blast Processing Technology!

Oh. So, you mean you were referring to this.

10 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Oh. So, you mean you were referring to this.

Actually, I was originally referencing the ads with The Lorax.

So, guys, I found this article about an Q&A with the Paramount Pictures CEO Jim Gianopulos and the Sonic movie producer Neal H. Moritz at the 10th annual PGA. They did talk about how Moritz convinced Gianopulos to make the movie.: 

https://deadline.com/2018/06/jim-gianopulos-paramount-sonic-the-hedgehog-produced-by-conference-1202406289/

This is what they say about the movie.:

During the discussion, Moritz shared with the audience how he sold Gianopulos on making an animated version of Sonic, a classic Sega video game characterThe Paramount boss was well aware of the fact that video games don’t translate successfully to film, but there was a hook, and Moritz made a short clip to show exactly what the tone and theme would be for the furry blue character.

Gianopulos was sold on Sonic‘s story. “He’s a juvenile delinquent on the adventures in a pretty straight rural environment with a local policeman. It was instantly engaging and it was good enough where you could see where it’s going,” he said.

Also, another one:

https://www.thewrap.com/jim-gianopulos-sonic-the-hedgehog-paramount-comeback/

With James Marsden and Tika Sumpter attached to star in the live-action/animated hybrid, “Sonic the Hedgehog” will be the first film made as part of the first-look deal between Paramount and Moritz’s Original Films banner, which will start next year.

The pitch to make a Sonic movie first came to Moritz several years ago during his partnership with Sony and was won over by the enthusiasm of the team that wanted to make it.

“I thirst for a project with a director that has a clear vision of what he wants to make, and I can just clear the road for him,” Moritz explained at the annual event hosted by the Producers Guild of America. “But when one of the execs from my company came in with this really passionate young guy… he was so persuasive to me about his knowledge and passion for why he wants to make this movie.”

Moritz continued, “What we’re trying to do with Sonic is make a movie about a small-town police officer and Sonic at a time when they are both desperately in need of a friend, and we hope that this theme is friendship is what gives the film its heart and makes it prosper.”

After Sony let the film rights lapse, Paramount picked up the project in October, five months into Gianopulos’ reign as the studio’s new CEO. After Moritz pitched the Sonic project with a three-minute test scene, Gianopulos said that he saw potential in the “quasi-juvenile delinquent” hedgehog.

“It was just instantly engaging and you could see where it was going… what they were trying to do thematically,” he said.

“Sonic the Hedgehog” is part of a slate Gianopulos hopes will help Paramount rebound after years languishing at the box office charts. After leading all Hollywood studios in box office revenue in 2010 and 2011, Paramount lost Marvel Studios to Disney and, since then, has never finished better than sixth in revenue share and only once in the last six years grossed more than $1 billion domestically.

I guess this indicate where the setting of the film will take place in.

• Promotion 2

Tom confirmed. And this take on Sonic sounds very interesting.. Juvenile delinquent, huh? It almost sounds like it'l be a coming of age story about a troubled youth.

Also confirmed what I've long speculated - Paramount wants to turn this into a franchise 

43 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Moritz pitched the Sonic project with a three-minute test scene

A test scene, it could be possible that there would be some complete CGI segments in the beginning then the rest CG/live-action.

13 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Tom confirmed. And this take on Sonic sounds very interesting.. Juvenile delinquent, huh? It almost sounds like it'l be a coming of age story about a troubled youth.

I wonder who Tika Sumpter plays, Neo that she’s confirmed?

8 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

I wonder who Tika Sumpter plays, Neo that she’s confirmed?

Probably Tom's partner and the love interest. 

Sonic's personality/arc sounds very similar to Season 1 of Sonic X. Makes this whole thing so much more interesting. Makes me wonder if Tom is going to mentor Sonic and this also raises questions about the origins of Sonic in the movie 

I was expecting a city setting in the film, but I guess it will take place in a small town instead. Kinda like Power Rangers, where I thought it will take place in a city, when there were news that the film is going to be filmed in Vancouver, but instead of being set in a city, it was set in an small town. Angel Grove was a small town in the movie, rather than an city. The movie was filmed in Kamloops and I think some of the scenes were filmed in Vancouver.

The picture here is Kamloops, where Power Rangers was filmed.:

5a8fd4312e458.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I was expecting a city setting in the film, but I guess it will take place in a small town instead. Kinda like Power Rangers, where I thought it will take place in a city, when there were news that the film is going to be filmed in Vancouver, but instead of being set in a city, it was set in an small town. Angel Grove was a small town in the movie, rather than an city. The movie was filmed in Kamloops and I think some of the scenes were filmed in Vancouver.

The picture here is Kamloops, where Power Rangers was filmed.:

5a8fd4312e458.jpg

Makes sense. To save on the budget and for the first movie to have smaller stakes. I could see the sequels going much bigger 

• Thumbs Up 2

Small towns are the best, they give that retro feel, not what I expected though, I kinda expected Brooklyn or something like that. I'm not sure how Sonic fits in this.

“He’s a juvenile delinquent on the adventures in a pretty straight rural environment with a local policeman. It was instantly engaging and it was good enough where you could see where it’s going,”

“What we’re trying to do with Sonic is make a movie about a small-town police officer and Sonic at a time when they are both desperately in need of a friend, and we hope that this theme is friendship is what gives the film its heart and makes it prosper.”

This is the exact opposite I was expecting from the tone, what on earth

Instead of Sonic being the seasoned action-hero while Tom tags along, Tom's the adult character in an otherwise juvenile Sonic's life???

Is... Is Eggman or anything even going to be in a movie like this?

8 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Instead of Sonic being the seasoned action-hero while Tom tags along, Tom's the adult character in an otherwise juvenile Sonic's life???

As I said in the status updates:

"To be fair; he may only be considered a juvenile delinquent by the authorities. It wouldn't be a stretch if he's running up the sides of buildings and surfing down the road on a piece of metal."

I've been wondering about Eggman as well. Does he also end up where Sonic is and we get to see him try to adapt to the world (comedy hijinx ensuing)? Is Eggman just another human and this is the first time they meet? Or, as you suggest, maybe he's not even in it...

9 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Coming of age 101. Sonic starts the story as an inexperienced, immature hero and he has to rise up and stop Eggman because he's only one who can. He will learn the meaning of responsibility. And with Great Power Co- you get the idea.

Eggman can be used as an instrument for Sonic's character arc 

8 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

This is going to be a complete and total fucking trainwreck.

• Absolutely 2