Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

A part of the plot involving Shadow could happen. Though, I cannot see any tangible way he would be included.

Shadow as well as any other character like Silver or Infinite could be hinted at throughout the first film then appear in a possible sequel if it happens. And it will most likely happen if this film is a success.

7 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Well, I mean, if the first movie is successful- all parties involved will want a follow up. We know Paramount wants a franchise out of Sonic so Sega likely does too. They can ride off the contrails of a successful movie franchise that offers a much wider exposure of Sonic and strengthens the brand. Plus Schwartz and Carrey are probably signed for a 3-movie contracts anyway just in case the Studio wants to do a sequel.

Shadow is definitely going to be in any potential sequel, being ad popular as he is, that's something I could see Sega pushing and Paramount wanting to capitalize on his popularity. He's basically the Venom of the Sonic franchise, they could give him his own solo movie if they wanted to.

Also Jeff Fowler stated he wants to do spin offs and stand alones so theres so much potential to include other universes or have them be the main focus.  And hasnt SEGA of Japan loosen their grip regarding western Sonic?  Plus I saw a tweet by Nato Oshima that he likes American Sonic so if the box office numbers are decent, it would prove to SEGA in general that theres demand for more.  But again, lets just hope it actually IS good. 

• Thumbs Up 3

48 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

Also Jeff Fowler stated he wants to do spin offs and stand alones so theres so much potential to include other universes or have them be the main focus.  And hasnt SEGA of Japan loosen their grip regarding western Sonic?  Plus I saw a tweet by Nato Oshima that he likes American Sonic so if the box office numbers are decent, it would prove to SEGA in general that theres demand for more.  But again, lets just hope it actually IS good. 

Damn, a Sega cinematic universe with Jet Set Radio, Nights and Crazy Taxi would be, well, crazy! Sonic himself has enough material to have his own cinematic universe. Let's just hope this movie is great. If it can at least get last 300m at the Box-Office, that will be considered a blockbuster success with a 90m Production budget. Now if it makes around 400m ala the first Bay Turtles movie, we're set. 

1 minute ago, CaptainRobo said:

Oh, thank heavens. Best character confirmed:

Now I just need my boy Hatsun back in action.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Way Past Cool 2

20 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

Source? I don’t remember him saying that. I think it was SEGA. Also, did Naoto Oshima actually say that on Twitter? If so, did you have the tweet to show?

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Nothing much here, but the Director’s wife post these.:

Some other content that are related to the movie.:

Don’t know what this had to do with the movie, since that soft-serve ice cream truck is an real company.

https://m.facebook.com/serendipitysoftserve/

Once again classic Sonic is on set. Tika had the same cookie. Hmm

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Source? I don’t remember him saying that. I think it was SEGA. Also, did Naoto Oshima actually say that on Twitter? If so, did you have the tweet to show?

It was a 2 minute video interview and I cant find it some reason.   I watched it a couple days ago but it looks like it was pulled.  But heres the Oshima comment.  It looks like it was on FB not twitter.

Oshima.jpg

Sorry for the multiple double posts, but I want to show this. It’s just one of the writers joke that one of the crew members show up dressed as Mario. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

23 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Sorry for the multiple double posts, but I want to show this. It’s just one of the writers joke that one of the crew members show up dressed as Mario. 

I'm sorry, but can I just say that I am LOVING the crew's enthusiasm for this film!!? Like, C'mon, they have cookies on set made in Sonic's likeness, fans of the games are coming in auditioning to be extras cuz the series means that much to them, and crew members jokingly dressing up as Mario!? Nevermind the fact that the writers clearly enjoy the character and are proud of what they've written, and one of the main storyboard artists drew self-indulgent art of Sonic and Eggman, calling the film wacky and fun!? Ben Schwartz is hyped to be Sonic. The town is named Green Hills for crying out loud, lol!

Clearly there's passion involved here. And whether the movie comes out on top or not, I think it's amazing knowing that the ppl behind had fun with what they've been tasked to do. That goes a long way. :)

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

This is so weird, I wonder what's the reasoning behind making a custom version of the USPS logo...

Well, at the very least you can finally tell that that thing is supposed to be an eagle.

33 minutes ago, BxB-Meister said:

This is so weird, I wonder what's the reasoning behind making a custom version of the USPS logo...

Well, at the very least you can finally tell that that thing is supposed to be an eagle.

Probably because they didn’t want to pay the company for permission to use the logo. It will be probably too expensive to use it. I don’t think the audience will notice it in the movie. I think they will probably only care about the plot. There was also an custom version of the SFPD logo that was similar to the USPS logo. It was seen on an police car in one of the set photos.:

7BB2ABC0-6015-48A3-BF3B-663D3CE58975.jpeg.eabf5000fd0de2b418faf8fcaa11258d.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

She replies to me on my 2nd account that she was have a little chat with Carrey in the show (I guess she was one of the audience, maybe). Take this with the grain of salt.

5 hours ago, BxB-Meister said:

I didn't notice a difference?

Made something for you guys to enjoy and some movie related Instagram posts.:

Spoiler

I made an comparison about that USPS logo.:

• Thumbs Up 3

48 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Made something for you guys to enjoy and some movie related Instagram posts.:

Reveal hidden contents

I made an comparison about that USPS logo.:

Oh, thanks man. They made some minor changes I guess. I think it's odd that they changed it because it's usually the advertisers paying the studio for product placement. We may see some ads of Sonic delivering USPS packages. Kinda like this

Very nice drawing, dude. 

• Thumbs Up 3