Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Gangsters Paradise is on Page 380)

1 hour ago, Eurisko said:

The Sonic film's advertising has officially begun. And when the words soon and IGN are together, it usually don't take long. Like in the same day.

Plus I like the electricity effects on the Sonic Movie logo. But whats it for? Because Sonic doesn't generate electricity while running. Well I guess he could cause static electicity at those speeds.

Either way I'm beyond excited to see footage, after waiting so long after the film was announced. But remember this could just be the teaser from 
Paramount's CCXP Panel last week. But obviously I was wrong about it releasing with Bumblebee.

It's the eyes that are gonna look fucked. You can see they're like regular, round hedgehog eyes, presumably set against white fur. The article even says Sega weren't happy with the eyes lol.

I admit this poster is a bit concerning, but it is just a shilouette. 

I like Sonic's new shoes, and his running stance too. Logo looks incredibly cheap, though.

I admire the fact that Sega has loosened up a bit with their guidelines. I mean, THAT is quite different from the Sonic we know and Sega has always been very protective of how Sonic looks and acts. Seems like they're letting the creative team try new things.

Interesting observation: I'm sat here in work all outraged all the non-fans/Sonic neutrals I've shown the design to have thought it's pretty cool. Maybe this will appeal... to someone.

16 minutes ago, Myst said:

I admit this poster is a bit concerning, but it is just a shilouette. 

Don't do this.

You can say it's "just a silhouette", but it's backing up one of the biggest (and not unfounded) concerns that people have had about this film the moment that it was announced. Don't imply that people should have any reason to hold off from negative judgement or wait until they've seen more when there's always been a strong and reasonable precedent for trepidation. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/10/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-first-look-check-out-the-exclusive-official-poster?abthid=5c0e64623739c3747d000b0e

Now according to IGN's article this was said

Miller confirmed that part of this new story will not take place on Earth, while Moritz said, "I think the audience can expect to find some Easter eggs. We don't want to reveal any of that stuff, but I think there will be some very exciting things that fans of Sonic will get to see in this movie."

Okay the part that they mention won't be on Earth, sounds to me how the film will start. And that the non-Earth segments could be all CGI and Sonic may have a different appearance on Earth than he did in His World (joke intended).

But onto the character design, Sonic's head looks for the most part alright. His nose is shaped more like an actual hedgehog now. But if Sega wasn't happy about the eyes, then how is it the teaser was so well received at the CCXP Panel. Now his arms look alright to me, but he's missing his gloves.

What I can see of his torso, I guess is fine but they need to keep the peach coloring.

But his legs don't look right to me, and his shoes don't really look like his. They look shoes that anyone would wear.

Now I guess rings are somewhat confirmed. Because why remake the sounds?

1 minute ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

tumblr_pjivx0B8hi1ud5l1to1_1280.png

I could see a part of his eye in that silhouette and I already have a bad feeling about what it'll be like.

I can see the outline too, but I have a feeling they'll be relatively the same just not connected like the games.

But if his face and eyes are better than we think. Than at least keep whiskers off of him. They did that with Sly Cooper and I didn't care for it.