Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Probably proving that the guy doesn't actually care what anybody thinks including the creators/owners of Sonic and just wants everybody to shut up so the movie team can continue the delusion that every choice the movie has made is great.

Like Paul Feig with Ghostbusters, or Rian Johnson with The Last Jedi :D

• Absolutely 1

3 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Oh I'm sure that it'll die down eventually, no doubt about that.

It just sucks that it has to be THIS way until then. X_X

It may shock you to learn that constantly whining about people criticising a extremely questionable design is not endearing and isn’t going to convince anyone of your ‘argument.’ It didn’t with Forces either. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Marcello said:

What way? People criticizing something?

The internet doesn't 'just criticize' things that it dislikes, though. It goes waaaaaay overboard all the time. And in my opinion, this is definitely one of those times from everything that I've seen. Obviously not EVERYONE is acting that way, but still.

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

It may shock you to learn that constantly whining about people criticising a extremely questionable design is not endearing and isn’t going to convince anyone of your ‘argument.’ It didn’t with Forces either. 

...excuse me? There's no need to be rude.

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

That's the part you want to focus on?

Not the part about how the writer thinks that anyone with genuine concerns is just hysterica

I understood that part just fine, it was the 'mission accomplished' part that I was confused about.

• My Emmerdoods 1

4 minutes ago, Bucket said:

The internet doesn't 'just criticize' things that it dislikes, though. It goes waaaaaay overboard all the time. And in my opinion, this is definitely one of those times from everything that I've seen. Obviously not EVERYONE is acting that way, but still.

Who's going overboard?

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Bucket said:

...excuse me? There's no need to be rude.

Constantly insulting people’s intelligence by branding any and all criticism “overboard” isn’t exactly glamorous etiquette either. All the points I’ve seen raised in this thread, be they the proportions, the suggested eye shape, the removal of the iconic sneakers, the bootleg-esque blue arms, etc - they’re all fair points. Nobody’s going overboard, no matter how many citation-lacking times you claim they are. 

I get it. You’re far more receptive to Sonic stuff than other people. Again, same thing with Forces. That’s fine, someone’s gonna like this stuff. Being so incredulous that other people don’t follow your particular mindset, not so much.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Who's going overboard?

Several people, both here and on other websites. Especially on Twitter. X_X

Do you really believe that the only thing happening now is normal, rational discussion about the design or normal, rational conveying of grievances to the higher ups? I doubt this would've blown up like it did if that was all that was happening.

1 minute ago, Bucket said:

Do you really believe that the only thing happening now is normal, rational discussion about the design or normal, rational conveying of grievances to the higher ups? I doubt this would've blown up like it did if that was all that was happening.

But who?

• Thumbs Up 1

Last time I checked, Ohshima did not make a 5 paragraph long Twitter rant about how they ruined his design. He just doesn't agree with their decision to make Sonic realistic. This is nothing like the fans who ARE foaming at the mouth, threatening to boycott the movie and wanting it to be "Buried", completely disregarding all of the hardworking effort innocent crew members put into this movie, all because Sonic had developed thighs. Patrick is not talking about people like Yuji Naka or Oshima. He's talking about the fans who are acting like the Apocalypse is imminent because Sonic's design makes more anatomical sense. 

3 minutes ago, Bucket said:

I think it's mostly being meme'd to be honest. Some people are probably 'outraged'. But, this has become so widespread at this point that I think most people are just making fun of it. This is just from a generalized perspective. People think the design looks bad and are making fun of it lol

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Constantly insulting people’s intelligence by branding any and all criticism “overboard” isn’t exactly glamorous etiquette either. All the points I’ve seen raised in this thread, be they the proportions, the suggested eye shape, the removal of the iconic sneakers, the bootleg-esque blue arms, etc - they’re all fair points. Nobody’s going overboard, no matter how many citation-lacking times you claim they are. 

I get it. You’re far more receptive to Sonic stuff than other people. Again, same thing with Forces. That’s fine, someone’s gonna like this stuff. Being so incredulous that other people don’t follow your particular mindset, not so much.

...I haven't insulted anyone's intelligence. Nor have I branded any and all criticism as 'going overboard'. I've said several times that SOME, not ALL, are doing that - the people that ARE going overboard, yes, I'm critical of that. Plenty of people aren't going overboard, but it seems like you're trying to reduce everything I say to 'everyone complaining is going overboard'... when I've specifically NOT said that. Because I don't believe that. Actually, it seems like you don't want ANYONE criticizing the reaction at all. Is that it? Would you rather just have the internet rage and rage and rage, and be free from criticism for it?

And 'nobody's going overboard'... except that some are. And those are the ones I'm complaining about. Not the people who aren't.

Just now, Bucket said:

...I haven't insulted anyone's intelligence. Nor have I branded any and all criticism as 'going overboard'. I've said several times that SOME, not ALL, are doing that - the people that ARE going overboard, yes, I'm critical of that. Plenty of people aren't going overboard, but it seems like you're trying to reduce everything I say to 'everyone complaining is going overboard'... when I've specifically NOT said that. Because I don't believe that. Actually, it seems like you don't want ANYONE criticizing the reaction at all. Is that it? Would you rather just have the internet rage and rage and rage, and be free from criticism for it?

And 'nobody's going overboard'... except that some are. And those are the ones I'm complaining about. Not the people who aren't.

Again, you’re not actually showing anyone going overboard. And I’ve seen nobody doing such in this topic either. 

The reaction needs to be worth criticising first.

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

But who?

I'm not going to specifically name people because this is a public forum and I think that's rude, but come on. You know there are people acting this way.

Just now, Tracker_TD said:

Again, you’re not actually showing anyone going overboard. And I’ve seen nobody doing such in this topic either. 

The reaction needs to be worth criticising first.

So I have to actually provide names and links to people for it to be valid? And again, I NEVER said just people in this topic. I'm talking about on the internet in general, including this place.

And to ME, the reaction IS worth criticizing. Just like to a lot of people, the design IS worth criticizing.

Hey guys, anyone is curious about how Rouge would look if she was in the movie? Even though I already have a terrible feeling as to how she can look.

Edit: Wow, this thread is going to be a party to remember.

I'm not going to specifically name people because this is a public forum and I think that's rude, but come on. You know there are people acting this way.

Well, then, I don't believe you.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I have to actually provide names and links to people for it to be valid? And again, I NEVER said just people in this topic. I'm talking about on the internet in general, including this place.

And to ME, the reaction IS worth criticizing. Just like to a lot of people, the design IS worth criticizing.

Don’t name names then. Just blank them out. The onus of proof for this supposedly egregious reaction is on you.

...unless said egregious reaction doesn’t really exist in the manner you reckon it does and it’s just a case of “stop being mean to Sonic”, which reeeeeally feels more likely right now. 

1 minute ago, Ruomarta said:

Hey guys, anyone is curious about how Rouge would look if she was in the movie? Even though I already have a terrible feeling as to how she can look.

Based on a fruit bat maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ruomarta said:

I don't want to know OR imagine what any other Sonic characters would look like in this style. The only thing left for this film is that maybe the robots might look cool.

But if they don't even care enough to make the main fuckin character look good, I doubt it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Ruomarta said:

Edit: Wow, this is going to be a party to remember.

Picture the Vampires in the Movie From Dusk till dawn.

But with huge wings with lots of veins in them.

• My Emmerdoods 1

Just now, Mayor D said:

Picture the Vampires in the Movie From Dusk till dawn.

But with huge wings with lots of veins in them.

and huge melons too 🙄

• Chuckle 1

4 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

and huge melons too 🙄

You mean actual melons like the fruit right? Right? RIGHT?!!

Edit: Also I just noticed Sonic has an ass now. 0_0 If Rouge was in here, will her ass be detailed?