Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

3 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Knuckles's bulk was still within reasonable confines of Sonic's artstyle -- it was just a big weird change that didn't really need to happen. The movie "Sonic" is bad for completely different reasons

Well, I dislike the movie design in general, like the new shoes, fur and the eyes, but the athlete body is also problematic in my eyes.

Those shoes.

It's like they're trying as hard as they can to deviate from the source material in every conceivable way. You can't be this out of touch with a franchise by accident.

• Thumbs Up 3

44 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

The text is a nice touch. Edgy Sonic is the best Sonic. I miss when he had attitude and sass. 

Yeah it's not 1993 anymore.

Even then writing 'Wuz here' on things was a pretty Juvenile thing to do along with nuff said.

The only thing edgy about this poster is the fact it may get put in a frame.

• Thumbs Up 3

What the actual buck is this? No excuse for this mockery of a sonic design when we live in a world where we can see a live pokemon and they still look like pokemon. Yet sonic has to out of it's way to -fit- in? Get the hell out of here, the design sucks and if Sega wants to save face they need to put their foot down and MAKE them change that horrible excuse for a design. As an artist this insults me, as a fan this kills me and as the literal face of sega, it should make them see no respect was shown to THEIR design. I give up. Nintendo take sonic from sega. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 2

Oh my god..those goddamn legs.. 

Ya know. The more I look at these posters, the more it reminds me of those strange live-action adaptations from the 2000s. The ones that have little to do with the source material. Well, I guess it's making a full comeback. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Why is the Sonic franchise consistently f*cking up?

Because Sega and everyone who touches this series has no respect. Like how hard is it to put the actual freaking CORRECT design in this movie? They need to kill their stupid egos cause that's all this is. EGOS! And it's not even a case where you can go. " I see why they did this" . Kill the ego, respect the design, make a damn good product you can be proud of. Its NOT hard Hollywood. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I can only hope that Sega accepted this crap because Paramount paid a really huge amount of money, and hopefully this money goes to making good games, Sonic or not.

A man can dream.

Not to be repetitive but I'm actually starting to look forward to this movie. I think I mean it ironically as well as unironically (which is not a word).

This could honestly be a really fun movie if taken in the right direction. However, the if* is the important part of that statement.

I reallllyyyyy hope that this picture takes on the idea of Sonic as a hero. A hero in the sense that he is kind've like a super hero that would not be too out of place in the marvel universe. Just a dude who happens possess powers of speed with a cunning sense of wit. A good set of one-liners as well as fun action. Breaking 4th wall etc.

If it all went in that direction, I can say that I would be thoroughly satisfied

• Fist Bump 2

11 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Why is the Sonic franchise consistently f*cking up?

I wouldn't call it consistent. The Boom cartoon and the comics are good.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

Someone is saying that poster could be fake:

It was probably put out too early at the theater

The poster makes me wonder if we're going to be getting scenes from Sonic's POV. To get a feel of what it feels like to be him 

because of seeing praise for them showing this off all they are seeing are fans upset. A large portion at that. I think even naka was surprised by the backlash

23 minutes ago, Remynaka said:

Because Sega and everyone who touches this series has no respect.

Not if you're Team Mania/The Taxman apparently. I heard that little deal there worked out pretty well.

• Thumbs Up 8

I wouldn't say that they do not have any respect more for Sonic. But I think they do not really care anymore, because they have no real clue what to do with him. I still think it is the lack of a real identity. If Sonic would have one, Sega and Sonic Team would know how to handle him correctly. 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 1

38 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I wouldn't call it consistent. The Boom cartoon and the comics are good.

The whole thing is that it's completely inconsistent. It's actually kind of amazing how back-and-forth things are for the series. The simple fact is that if it were always all bad nowadays, the series and this fandom wouldn't still exist at all the way they currently do, even if it's much less than it used to be. It's not like it was uncommon for series to have huge missteps after their classic 90s eras, Crash and Spyro were barely even names for basically a decade until they got their remakes. Sonic was obviously much more popular than both of those in it's heyday, but it hasn't persisted all this time because of brand loyalty alone. It's done plenty of things right in ways those never did, but never had the downtime to figure out how to stop doing things wrong. It crashed and burned and all that burning eventually turned into a slow, controlled broil, only to then flip-flop between being a delicious meal and having tainted meat. It's incredibly strange to observe.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Fist Bump 2

24 minutes ago, TCB said:

Not if you're Team Mania/The Taxman apparently. I heard that little deal there worked out pretty well.

IDW also did alright with it. OuiDou started off rough but got slightly better over time, and it’s a shame they and Archie are no longer working with the brand. GE is/will be doing a great job, too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Rowl said:

I wouldn't say that they do not have any respect more for Sonic. But I think they do not really care anymore, because they have no real clue what to do with him. I still think it is the lack of a real identity. If Sonic would have one, Sega and Sonic Team would know how to handle him correctly. 

I think sega and paramount have no respect. It's nothing but egos saying this is what -I- think without actually understanding what makes the design work at all. It's like movie producers forgot how to produce and are only making fab fiction crap they somehow think will sell. Poor sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Yeah it's not 1993 anymore.

Even then writing 'Wuz here' on things was a pretty Juvenile thing to do along with nuff said.

The only thing edgy about this poster is the fact it may get put in a frame.

It's not the 90s, sure but that's what put Sonic on the map and mad him cooler than Mario. There's a reason why Sonic was on MTV back then. He was always considered edgier and cool, the rebellious teenage attitude is just part of that. It carried over into the early to late 2000s. The Pontaff Sonic is a Spider-Man-wannabe imo, making lame quips and childish remarks. Gone is the swagger that made Sonic so unique, glad this movie is bringing it back to that: when Sonic was just an edgy teenage Hedgehog 

• Thumbs Up 1