Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

22 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Lol really? Because ppl use abbreviated words all the time. There's nothing outdated about it.

A simple "I have no idea" would have done.

1 minute ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Proof is not mere words from some random 3rd party dude online. It has to come from at least the company itself for us to trust words alone. Otherwise we need legit pics to believe anything.

So does multiple people saying the same thing count for nothing? All the of of the people saying he still has a cartoony face. This guy just corroborated what everybody else said 

• Thumbs Up 1

In a way, I'm glad the site's been down for much of the day, because I think I needed that time to process what I was seeing.  A crotch-perspective view of Sonic's nude hairy legs?  What was Paramount's source material, a fetish site?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 3

8 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

This is so fucking suspicious now cuz... I refuse to believe that people who saw the highway teaser saw the same thing as this sillouette. CUZ THEY LIKED IT.

Maybe they were just super unfamiliar with Sonic beyond cultural osmosis. 

Just now, Razule said:

Maybe they were just super unfamiliar with Sonic beyond cultural osmosis. 

Hell no, Brazil loves Sonic (and the megadrive) they would know how he looks like. The fact that people called him cute makes me seriously think.

The poster is not his real design.

• My Emmerdoods 1

What is it with the internet giving us silhouettes to make us go crazy? They did it with the Deadly Six, they did it with Boom, they are doing it now... Eventually we did go crazy. 

Honestly, this is a big let down, the big cons for the movie are this monstrosity of a design and the fact that it has little to do with Sonic. I guess I will watch it for Jim Carrey and Neal McDonough who are great actors, and James Marsden and Tina Sumpter who are attractive people. The cast actually looks great... It's the Sonic stuff that looks an awful lot not Sonic-y.

Another thing is that the design is attracting everyone but the fans, even my friend who doesn't like Sonic liked this. Eh. Still, I don't think it's working the way they wanted, it's still shit IMO. I don't know why but I still want to give this a chance though, more like curiosity.

Thank God for the IDW comics though, those feel like they know Sonic, contain a simple story but plenty of action, epic character moments and fun interactions. 

Ok so I've been seeing people go around on twitter saying that we shouldn't blame SEGA for this at all. I'm confused as tot why that is after all aren't they the ones who licensed out their IP to Sony(then Paramount) to make a live action movie in the first place? They do hold some sort of responsibility no matter what the outcome it is. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe they could use the remaining time to make some adjustments to Sonic's design. It's theoretical possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Hell no, Brazil loves Sonic (and the megadrive) they would know how he looks like. The fact that people called him cute makes me seriously think.

The poster is not his real design.

How many times is this fanbase going to have a conversation about how promotional material is not going to outright lie or deceive people like this.

The poster is what he looks like. They wouldn't put out a poster with a fake design. There would be nothing to gain from that.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Ok so I've been seeing people go around on twitter saying that we shouldn't blame SEGA for this at all. I'm confused as tot why that is after all aren't they the ones who licensed out their IP to Sony(then Paramount) to make a live action movie in the first place? They do hold some sort of responsibility no matter what the outcome it is. 

I'm sure Sega didn't ask for this monstrosity though. I mean, they don't like it.

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

How many times is this fanbase going to have a conversation about how promotional material is not going to outright lie or deceive people like this.

The poster is what he looks like. They wouldn't put out a poster with a fake design. There would be nothing to gain from that.

Okay, now tell me how people thought "cute" out of that poster. Not just one. Almost all of them liked what they saw in this teaser we haven't seen yet. Meanwhile we see the poster and is unanimous negativity.

Also it'd be a marketing mess.

Just now, JosepHenry said:

Okay, now tell me how people thought "cute" out of that poster. Not just one. Almost all of them liked it what they saw in this teaser we haven't seen yet. Meanwhile we see the poster and is unanimous negativity.

Some people just have bad taste.

2 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

So does multiple people saying the same thing count for nothing? All the of of the people saying he still has a cartoony face. This guy just corroborated what everybody else said 

Not trying to be confrontational, heck I didn't want to post here again because I don't want to be negative and this topic makes me very negative, but if you want to see eyewitness testimony get thrown out do some research on the UFO crowd and people who have had Big Foot encounters. In those fields thousands of eyewitnesses mean nothing due to lack of tangible evidence which can be studied and analyzed. This is unfortunately a similar problem, and considering before the poster was shown we were told that supposedly someone from Brazil who saw the trailer said Sonic looked like this

Mauricio-Abril-POPCade-Sonic-the-Hedgeho

and the poster is obviously radically different no amount of words from people online is currently going to convince anyone. The witnesses have had wolf cried for them and now no one trusts them regardless of whether they spoke or not. At this point until Paramount shows off the final design no one is going to believe them, It's unfortunate to be sure, but this happens all the time unfortunately. My advice would be to hold off on trying to defend the witnesses until after the official design is properly revealed by Paramount as then the evidence to do so can be used and no one will be able to refute it. Until then, it comes off as if you are telling us to believe people after we felt like we were just lied to by them. It almost comes across as condescending and I doubt that's your intention.

As for me, don't worry about trying to convince me one way or the other. Everything I've heard and seen tells me this isn't for me from any aspect and frankly that's fine. I'm disappointed in what I've seen but that's my feeling and I shouldn't go over board. I'll just stick to Toei Sonic as my go to Sonic and find y happiness there even if it's staying stuck in 1993, because frankly, if it makes me happy and isn't hurting anyone there isn't anything wrong with that.

• Thumbs Up 3

The five stages of loss: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

I think because it is early that a lot of people are just still at stage 1. =p

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I just think is funny that the few people who saw the teaser liked it. Just an unfortunate coincidence that they got furries with bad taste then lol

13 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

They may have only negotiated a consulting role, they can say they don't like it but their opinion can be ignored by the production.

10 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Some people just have bad taste.

Uhm... No.

More like, they don't understand what's best for Sonic. They don't really know Sonic. I wouldn't define that thing "cute" in any way. I'm actually picturing Sonic like Titan Tails, because of the muscles. Ew.

Is so weird. This dude who saw it says that his face was cartoony as the original but with realistic textured fur like... What?

• Thumbs Up 6

Just now, I Love Sticks said:

Uhm... No.

More like, they don't understand what's best for Sonic. They don't really know Sonic. I wouldn't define that thing "cute" in any way. I'm actually picturing Sonic like Titan Tails, because of the muscles. Ew.

More like they arn't 1000% attached at the hip to the current design and are more willing and open to change/reinterpretation.

Our fandom goes to pieces over green eyes and blue arms. The negativity that exist here wouldn't automatically be present in a public setting.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

Not trying to be confrontational, heck I didn't want to post here again because I don't want to be negative and this topic makes me very negative, but if you want to see eyewitness testimony get thrown out do some research on the UFO crowd and people who have had Big Foot encounters. In those fields thousands of eyewitnesses mean nothing due to lack of tangible evidence which can be studied and analyzed. This is unfortunately a similar problem, and considering before the poster was shown we were told that supposedly someone from Brazil who saw the trailer said Sonic looked like this

and the poster is obviously radically different no amount of words from people online is currently going to convince anyone. The witnesses have had wolf cried for them and now no one trusts them regardless of whether they spoke or not. At this point until Paramount shows off the final design no one is going to believe them, It's unfortunate to be sure, but this happens all the time unfortunately. My advice would be to hold off on trying to defend the witnesses until after the official design is properly revealed by Paramount as then the evidence to do so can be used and no one will be able to refute it. Until then, it comes off as if you are telling us to believe people after we felt like we were just lied to by them. It almost comes across as condescending and I doubt that's your intention.

As for me, don't worry about trying to convince me one way or the other. Everything I've heard and seen tells me this isn't for me from any aspect and frankly that's fine. I'm disappointed in what I've seen but that's my feeling and I shouldn't go over board. I'll just stick to Toei Sonic as my go to Sonic and find y happiness there even if it's staying stuck in 1993, because frankly, if it makes me happy and isn't hurting anyone there isn't anything wrong with that.

The reality, Sonic still looks like that. The silhouette is not that different. What seems difficult for people to understand is that the general design of Sonic is RECOGNIZABLE to the general audience and they do not care about much less notice how thick his limbs are in comparison to the games.  The design/ingredients of it are not/nowhere near the level of Michael Bayturtles. So when somebody who is not a huge fan of Sonic sees this:

Mauricio-Abril-POPCade-Sonic-the-Hedgehog1.jpg.68eb6a2d4b29d529cf7aed7d9a436ac5.jpg

And this

oqeMtoI_d.thumb.jpg.3c3535cb7cdd50ee117a0720e97c841c.jpg

There is NOT going to be a huge difference between the two in their eyes. All it is to them is a realistic Sonic. So  questioning their credibility in relation to how accurate that picture is to what we got is the wrong way to approach this whole thing. 

However, if Sonic had beady black eyes and a completely different face, they would have noticed it. But the general details of the body are not that important to them

2 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

More like they arn't 1000% attached at the hip to the current design

I'd trash modern Sonic in a second if something better came along.

This...this is not better.