Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

44 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

The audience.

And I thought it was actually 3 f*cks allowed. Well duck this design, tuck this movie and luck SEGA.

• Chuckle 2

On a completely different note, I think that Jim Carey is going to be to this movie what Willem Dafoe is to the recent Death Note film.

... Not that I have any evidence to suggest such, but I've got a gut feeling about it. Whether or not that is a good thing is abstract I suppose.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the movie gets a PG-13 rating, I fully expect Sonic to have a much more crude sense of humor, it will be awesome! Maybe we can get him to say another curse word. Check out Holan the Insatiable 

• Chuckle 1

6 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

If the movie gets a PG-13 rating, I fully expect Sonic to have a much more crude sense of humor, it will be awesome! Maybe we can get him to say another curse word. Check out Holan the Insatiable 

Because THAT would make the movie better!!

28 minutes ago, Unidus said:

On a completely different note, I think that Jim Carey is going to be to this movie what Willem Dafoe is to the recent Death Note film.

... Not that I have any evidence to suggest such, but I've got a gut feeling about it. Whether or not that is a good thing is abstract I suppose.

This movie wouldn't be complete without Jim Carrey using a fake mustache and a fat suit. I demand an entirelly shit movie.

• Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1

3 hours ago, chaosjam said:

Speaking of Sonic movies...

Hello Pot, My name is kettle. You are rather black. Seriously, have you even looked at your history Penders?

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Moving away from the Sonic design for a moment, has anyone involved in production described Jim Carrey's appearance yet? Crew, extras, anyone? It's amazing that it's been kept this quiet.

After seeing Sonic's design, who even knows what to expect from Eggman. Maybe he'll be a silver CGI robot with tits, wearing a green top hat and smoking a pipe, because why the hell not. Realism. Tim Miller knows best!

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1
  • My Emmerdoods 2

1 hour ago, Jango said:

And I thought it was actually 3 f*cks allowed. Well duck this design, tuck this movie and luck SEGA.

Yes, please luck SEGA. They need another good break.

26 minutes ago, Dr Ryan said:

After seeing Sonic's design, who even knows what to expect from Eggman. Maybe he'll be a silver CGI robot with tits, wearing a green top hat and smoking a pipe, because why the hell not. Realism. Tim Miller knows best!

...Why?

• Thumbs Up 1

Will Eggman even be fat? Will he even be called Eggman? They seem to emphasize Robotnik.. Which makes sense as Eggman less intimidating 

Just now, PeterPancake said:

Will Eggman even be fat? Will he even be called Eggman? They seem to emphasize Robotnik.. Which makes sense as Eggman less intimidating 

I read that apparently, SEGA was against them using Robotnik, so they'll have to sneak in some references to it if even that.

1 minute ago, do a barrel roll said:

No, SEGA/Sonic Team can't rely on luck anymore. Not after this "movie" comes out. They need to make consistently good titles. I already explained how they can do this earlier in the thread (by having three certain people who had previous and better experience with Sonic replace three certain people who currently work at Sonic Team)

That's what I mean: help them makes games that are not only well-received, but can be objectively be deemed good regardless of when they're played for a while.

7 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I read that apparently, SEGA was against them using Robotnik, so they'll have to sneak in some references to it if even that.

Yup, they were. They fought with the movie execs over his name. Josh Miller said they found a way/wanted the name to make sense 

48 minutes ago, Dr Ryan said:

Moving away from the Sonic design for a moment, has anyone involved in production described Jim Carrey's appearance yet? Crew, extras, anyone? It's amazing that it's been kept this quiet.

Maybe he's literally just Jim Carrey in a normal outfit, and they're saving his Eggman look for the sequel. He is apparently going by "Dr. Robotnik" here.. maybe in the post-credits scene, after he's been beaten and is licking his wounds in jail, and we see him finally turn to the camera.. he's lost his hair, become overweight, grown a mustache, and finally embraced the name.. "Eggman". The prison jumpsuit is the only thing he wears the whole movie that's reminiscent of his normal design.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Razule said:

Maybe he's literally just Jim Carrey in a normal outfit, and they're saving his Eggman look for the sequel. He is apparently going by "Dr. Robotnik" here.. maybe in the post-credits scene, after he's been beaten and is licking his wounds in jail, and we see him finally turn to the camera.. he's lost his hair, become overweight, grown a mustache, and finally embraced the name.. "Eggman". 

Given the other creative decisions we've witnessed thus far, I almost expect he'll be Jim Carey with a mustache and a prosthetic bald cap that elongates his head, ala Egghead from the old Batman show. 

Image result for Egghead batman

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 4

10 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Yup, they were. They fought with the movie execs over his name. Josh Miller said they found a way/wanted the name to make sense 

Maybe his name is Robotnik but they call him "Eggman" because the only thing people ever see him eat is eggs. And then eventually he lets himself go and becomes an actual Eggman

10 minutes ago, Razule said:

Maybe his name is Robotnik but they call him "Eggman" because the only thing people ever see him eat is eggs. And then eventually he lets himself go and becomes an actual Eggman

No one eats like Eggman does!

• Chuckle 1

I was thinking more it was a name his bullies use to call him in his childhood because he was overweight and shaped like an Egg. All of his designs could be Egg-shaped. I really want them to make Robotnik a likeable, charismatic dude like Neil Degrasse Tyson. Like he has books, he appears on talk shows etc. But nobody knows the truth about him until Sonic exposes him

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

I was thinking more it was a name his bullies use to call him in his childhood because he was overweight and shaped like an Egg. 

Yeah, but if he isn't overweight in the movie.

You can put whatever face you like on it, the whole body and design still looks like a freaking monster.

• Thumbs Up 6