Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

For the people who want Knuckles in the first movie, I don’t think he should be in it. Let me explain:

So since the movie is live action. They’re most likely going to retell the sonic story; a reboot of sorts, and when you reboot something you have to show the characters and their motives again.

Think about this if you put in knuckles you have to explain the master emerald, and you wouldn’t explain the master emerald unless it’s a main part of the story, and if it is the main part of the story, wouldn’t it feel like to much to introduce the master emerald in the first movie?

Knuckles would make more sense in sequel in my opinion.

OK, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think its calmed down enough since last month, just needs a little less pointless tweets and somebody drew a picture.

The budget to make it probably would have ran too high for the studio to take a gamble on, but I'd prefer to see a live-action Sonic movie in the style of Guardians Of The Galaxy - fully embraces the source material and is visually gorgeous. It takes place entirely on Planet Mobius, brings many of the classic zones from the game to life, has a good library of supporting characters (I'd leave Knuckles & Amy out of this first one, though) and the only human character in the film is Carrey's Robotnik. 

Honestly I'm warming up to that silhouette. And even then, I'm not gonna judge yet until I see the design.

3 hours ago, Sonicfan7 said:

Guardians Of The Galaxy - fully embraces the source material

That was more of a we can change things and the source material is obscure enough that very few will care.

On 1/19/2019 at 12:57 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Found this fan made version of the poster. This could give us a closer look of how Sonic could look like in the movie.:

el_rostro_de_sonic_la_pelicula_by_ben_artmachine_dcxdbpu-pre.jpg

What do you think? Looks ok. He still look like Sonic to me.

Source

I like this a lot. 

3 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

People are saying that SEGA is opting for a live-action movie for Sonic instead of a fully animated movie because they’re lazy and don’t want to put actual effort into making a fully CGI animated Sonic movie that can be as good as Unleashed’s CGI. While I completely agree with those people, a fully Unleashed style CGI animated Sonic movie is not impossible.

SEGA still has Marza Animation Planet, the animation studio that has animated CGI cutscenes for various Sonic games, including Sonic Unleashed. SEGA still has the resources and talent to make a fully CGI animated Sonic movie, but of course, since SEGA and Sonic Team are run by brain-dead hacks, they decided that making a live-action movie with Sonic-Man from Sonic 06 would be a much better idea and would totally do better both critically and financially than a fully CGI animated Sonic movie from an animation studio that reached Pixar levels of animation quality 10 years ago, right?

I pray that this movie bombs.

1. Paramount decided on a live action / CGI hybrid. They're the ones making all the decisions, not SEGA or Sonic Team.

2. Marza Animation Planet is working on the film alongside Blur Studios.

3. Live action / CGI takes just as much effort as a pure CGI film.

Blame Paramount and their pattern of terrible live action / CGI adaptations of classic franchises for this kind of schlock.

Apparently, a lot of adult moviegoers and movie critics have a bias against animation, and being able to see a cast consisting mostly of live humans helps sell a film to them.  At least that is the only reason I can think of why this is a good idea.

Having said all that, I am assuming that if they went for a full CGI animated film, they'd take heavily after the plots of the current games.  I am not sure that is ideal.

Found this on Twitter. Tika who play the girl who still yet to be named, possibly Tom’s Wife, respond to some questions that have something to do with the movie. I think they are joking.:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

They probably wanted PG-13 and wanted the movie to appeal to teens/adults. Animation does not give them that

Into the Spider-verse and The Lego Movie strongly disagree.

• Thumbs Up 7

The UK Toy Fair is today/tomorrow (depending on your timezone) so we may possibly get a look at Movie Sonic soon. No doubt they're going to market the shit out of the movie with as many toys as possible.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Red said:

No doubt they're going to market the shit out of the movie with as many toys as possible.

Oh boy..can't wait to see the nightmarish toys this will result in.

It also makes me wonder whether there's gonna be a tie-in video game for this..since apparently SEGA is not happy with the design of Sonic to begin with, would they even greenlit such a thing? Do they think creating another subsection for the game franchise is a good idea?

5 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Remember that leaked concept poster that was revealed last month? They used stock images and probably Photoshop to make the poster. Not surprising.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/a67smm/regarding_the_leaked_image/

Is it supposed to be surprising? The term "concept", to me anway, already meant it's just a quick mock-up to give a general idea of what they want to go for.

1 minute ago, Tarnish said:

Is it supposed to be surprising? The term "concept", to me anway, already meant it's just a quick mock-up to give a general idea of what they want to go for.

No, it was never surprising, just want to let you know about what the pictures they used to edited and put into the poster.

So Toy fair is today? Seems promising... Let's see if something happens.

As for post credit scenes, I think there will be at least a cliffhanger with one of the game characters, like Shadow or Metal Sonic. They need something to tease.

• Thumbs Up 1