Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

And you know, that with Sony & Sega behind this, when it's due for release, there will be adverts and promotions... everywhere.

You will not escape it even if you want to.

• Thumbs Up 2

I at least hope they will change the producer. I can't believe they are treating the franchise so carelessly to the point where Sonic's Hollywood debut is allowed to be skewed by a mediocre producer.

In my opinion, Phil Lord and Chris Miller would have been great choices. Sure, hiring them would have cost more but the payoff would be more than worth it.

I'm sure this has probably been said several billion times before, but I don't get SEGA. But I guess Sony Pictures is partly to blame too, they probably had a say in it.

And you know, that with Sony & Sega behind this, when it's due for release, there will be adverts and promotions... everywhere.

Sonic_Live.jpg

IT WONT STOP FOLLOWING ME!

• Thumbs Up 1

"Follow me. Set me free. Trust me and we will escape from this movie."

• Thumbs Up 5

"Follow me. Set me free. Trust me and we will escape from this movie."

Congratulations. You have won my royal endorsement, my respect, and the key to the SSMB snack room. .

This doesn't mean I like you.

Nah just kidding I like you!

But speaking of merchandise for the movie....oh good lord, Hoggy has a point! Sonic is going to be plastered everywhere. Busses, bus stops, toys, awful tie in games....and at the same time, Boom might still be around. Don't SEGA know that market saturation is a legitimate issue? Too much Sonic will make everyone sick of him, maybe even the fanbase.

But what has me intrigued is the inevitable tie in game. What if, what if: What if it wasn't awful? What if it did turn out to be the Sonic game we've been waiting for? Hooo boy would that be ironic....

Why in the world is it too early to make a negative judgement of a movie based on the genre and producer of all things, when most people have done this with every other live-action/CGI cartoon character film that's been coming out the past decade with no backlash and surprisingly accurate results. Like, why is it wrong to be wary of a Sonic live-action/CGI film and not a Smurfs live-action/CGI film?

Did I say there was a double standard? All I said was that I'd rather wait until we get more substantial information before I give judgement. It doesn't matter what the film is about, I just don't believe that "live-action with CGI" has to equal "total box-office failure".

Don't you mean the human actors will be everywhere on posters etc with Sonic and pals delegated to the background...or am I going too far into Transformers territory here?

• Thumbs Up 1

Did I say there was a double standard? All I said was that I'd rather wait until we get more substantial information before I give judgement. It doesn't matter what the film is about, I just don't believe that "live-action with CGI" has to equal "total box-office failure".

This has nothing to do with box-office results and everything to do the artistic quality of the film. Aside from the genre (which shouldn't be ignored), the people whose names are attached to it have really spotty resumes to boot. At best, we know the animation will be good because Marza's involved, but that's one for two. So why shouldn't people be erring on the side of caution?

This has nothing to do with box-office results and everything to do the artistic quality of the film. Aside from the genre (which shouldn't be ignored), the people whose names are attached to it have really spotty resumes to boot. At best, we know the animation will be good because Marza's involved, but that's one for two. So why shouldn't people be erring on the side of caution?

Nep, mind linking us to the people who were namedropped for this? it would give him a better idea if he knows what were in for and why were soo non-postitive about this.

Also I'm kind of curious to see what else these people were involved with other then what their known best for.

Nep, mind linking us to the people who were namedropped for this? it would give him a better idea if he knows what were in for and why were soo non-postitive about this.

Also I'm kind of curious to see what else these people were involved with other then what their known best for.

but for quick reference:

ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND INFO:

EVAN SUSSER and VAN ROBICHAUX are alumni of the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in LA. Their feature film screenplay, Chewie, was ranked No. 3 on the 2011 Black List. They are currently writing How to Grow Up, a series in development for CBS, and Fist Fight, a feature film, with New Girl star Max Greenfield and producers Shawn Levy, Billy Rosenberg, and Dan Cohen. They are also writing a live-action version of "The Jetsons."

NEAL H. MORITZ, founder of Original Film, has been producing feature film and television for over three decades. His upcoming feature films include 22 Jump Street, a sequel to the hit action-comedy starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum that took in over $200 million worldwide, Goosebumps, starring Jack Black and based on the international bestselling book series, and Fast & Furious 7, the latest installment in the long-running series. With over 40 films to Moritz's credit, past titles include R.I.P.D., Jack the Giant Killer, Total Recall, The Change-Up, Battle: Los Angeles, The Green Hornet, I Am Legend, XXX, S.W.A.T., Made of Honor, Gridiron Gang, Bounty Hunter, Evan Almighty, Sweet Home Alabama, Click, Vantage Point, Out of Time, Blue Streak, Cruel Intentions, I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Skulls, Volcano, Urban Legend, and Juice. Original Film's box office is north of six billion dollars worldwide.

• Thumbs Up 1

CASE IN POINT:

03a2230ddeec1535d6287ba01acc4e27.jpg?ito

I refuse to see this new TMNT movie.

That's a beautiful example.

The character looks real, so it's good CGI in that regard.

On the other hand, the character looks real, and that's what kills the film. They're cartoon characters.

We all freak out when a beloved character gets a redesign. Especially a drastic one, which realism tends to necessitate.

Boom "bandages" won't have jack on a film redesign.

I get what you're saying, and I agree that having live-action is a bad sign, but I still think it's too early for everyone to panic.

Nepenthe already answered why people are doing this. We have to assume negativity because of the track record.

Never mind they didn't show anything for it, ANYTHING, which leads me to believe that the movie looks so terrible at present not even the people behind it want to show a clip.

Really wish when they announced things like this that they actually had something tangible to show with it so people don't end up in a tizz trying to work out how it will be brought together. A few art impressions, a mock up, something more than the less than helpful generic synopsis. If they are ready to announce its happening then surely they have a small tid bit to show alongside it.

That's what surprises me. Sony has shown graphics the last few times they've confirmed films. This film has absolutely nothing for it besides artistic details.

I'm optimistic they'll at least have a trailer within the next few months. I'm guessing that since this is a live action/CGI film, they want to take their time to make sure it doesn't look fugly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's telling that this is literally SSMB's April Fool's Day gag for this year.  What we thought was an obvious joke is what Sega thought was a good idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think he says he's not sure what to think about the CGI/live action mix but still looks forward to it. Then he wonders whether it might be like Roger Rabbit and that something like Spiderman might be cool, too.

But my Japanese is lousy, so feel free to correct me.

For comedy I can see Eggman trying to blast Sonic and Sonic kepps moving all over the place so fast you can barely see him move while singing Can't Touch This.

*supercalifragilisticexpialidosnip*

Z27dCjh.gif

The sad thing is, Indigo, that's probably exactly what the plot will be.

84532.gif

...actually, it will be quite exhilarating if Indigo's prophecy will turn out to be true.

Live action hybrid? Goddamit I've been waiting ever since my childhood to see Sonic on the big screen (not counting Wreck It Ralph) and they just go and kill my hopes by having it part live action.

Ugh.

For comedy I can see Eggman trying to blast Sonic and Sonic kepps moving all over the place so fast you can barely see him move while singing Can't Touch This.

Please for the love of god no.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, wow! I can totally see that happening, too!

And it's awful!

Well he is a guy who approved Sonic 06's plot so....

Yeah - the was the last Sonic game he worked on, and the premise of that game was "what if Sonic were real?"

...Honestly.....this doesn't look too bad.

Comrade, we've already established that Marza is one of the few saving graces of the project. It's not the animation half anyone's worried about.

Oh, wow! I can totally see that happening, too!

And it's awful!

Knock it off, the kid's like ten years old.

Knock it off, the kid's like ten years old.

*checks profile*

Well then. Now I feel like a douchebag.

I've seen kids that are douchebaggier than you, that are younger than him, don't worry.

Comrade, we've already established that Marza is one of the few saving graces of the project. It's not the animation half anyone's worried about.

What I meant was the blending between live action wasn't that bad. Of course, it could be the opposite for this.

I'm more worried about the writing and the producer they've hired.