Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Hello and welcome! I believe Toy Factory is doing the movie merchandise, so unless they are at the NYC toy fair, I doubt it...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Hello and welcome! I believe Toy Factory is doing the movie merchandise, so unless they are at the NYC toy fair, I doubt it...

Well, not exactly. Toy Factory isn't a mass toy conglomerate like Jakks Pacific. (They sell plush toys at carnivals and game shows the like) The latter of whom acquired the merchandising rights to the entire franchise so they'll probably be doing the movie line. They're doing the movie line for KOTM too. 

Glad we have Junkie. Imagine if we got something like this when Sonic is transported to Earth 

0:55

Or something like this for Robotnik 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Just now, Demondeano18 said:

@PeterPancake

I am sure we are going to get something epic like that! I have been waiting for years to see Sonic get the hollywood treatment!
Hoping it doesn't turn out to be a fail lol

I will reserve judgement until I see the trailer so forgive me for my optimism! Ha! 😛

SAME, man! Ever since 2008 when I booted up my fresh copy of Sonic Unleash and feasted my eyes on that beautiful cinematic intro. "What if this was a movie?". This franchise has so much potential to be big, for me - it's hard NOT to be excited. 

Also, I LOVE Mudhoney and I could totally see a song like this making it into the movie fitting the tone

Perfectly encapsulates Sonic's edgy, rebellious nature

3 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

Well that settles that then! lol :D

Welcome for the boards. 

I can assume you that we are not getting out first look at the character via a toy. 

As much as I want to see the design, our wait shall continue. 

50 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Toy Factory are the cheap merch you get as arcade prizes someone else will be doing the retail merch.

50 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Welcome for the boards. 

I can assume you that we are not getting out first look at the character via a toy. 

As much as I want to see the design, our wait shall continue. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is how we got our first look at the 2014 TMNT designs 

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tmnt-2014-movie-figures-raphael-donatello-and-michelangelo.jpg.45dc876c92c1e47514017100b377baa7.jpg

We got our first look at the Lizard in 2012 through this PEZ dispenser 

spidermanpez.jpg.80109c648fdc538e8a5a8b8c4d9ae7d5.jpg

We got our first "real' look at Stepphenwolf (from JL) through this toy leaking out

Steppenwolf-Justice-League-Action-Figure-1.jpg.ab8687c2dc4b1690d1d28a3f28db32af.jpg

This was the original design of Ares for the movie before the VFX artists changed it due to the leak. Yes, through Toyfair

https://batman-news.com/2017/02/19/ares-wonder-woman-action-figure/

Just a few months ago, the suit designs for Endgame leaked through toy packaging 

download.jpeg.jpg.a65ca2754fd61067c6e8525c5e940f97.jpg

Toys have a veeeery long history of leaking designs and plot details. It's entirely possible we may be getting a look at the design through Toyfair.

Speak of the devil, some Lego leaks have just revealed more stuff from Endgame last hour 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the clear up. Well, if Jakks is indeed doing movie toys, they certainly can't leak the design via toys, which means an actual announcement of the design is a possibility in a few days. A possibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

Hope so buddy! :)

Right, last post and then I'm off! Apologies for all the spamming!
I love squigglydiggs rendition of sonic so thought I'd have a quick look in photoshop and see what the design would look like with the original one eyed look.

I'm still leaning toward the seperated eyes, wonder if sega will use this look in future games? doubt it though.

tumblr_pjqnxzhhZd1umezdwo1_1280.png.jpg

Looks nice.

I actually made a fan made picture of her own Movie Sonic grabbing some free lunch from Sonic Drive-In. I put Sonic Drive-In in the picture, because they have chili dogs which is Sonic's favorite food. It would be nice to see the restaurant in the movie.:

free_lunch_by_kitsuoi_dcxa8zw-pre.jpg

I also made my own take on Movie Sonic. So, here it is.:

Spoiler

movie_sonic_by_kitsuoi_dcx7767-pre.jpg

Yea, anyway, I know about posting anymore artwork on this thread, because they wanted to make the thread more of a discussion than an art gallery. They told me I could still post my artwork if I made a thread on the Showcase. So, I made one. You can check it out, if you want.:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/13/2019 at 11:45 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Well, Tika posted this.:

Also, the director and James also posted a post similar to like this on their Instagram.

BTW, Junkie XL confirmed to score the music for the movie.:

Interesting choice. Looking forward to listen to his score.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. This is how we got our first look at the 2014 TMNT designs 

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tmnt-2014-movie-figures-raphael-donatello-and-michelangelo.jpg.45dc876c92c1e47514017100b377baa7.jpg

We got our first look at the Lizard in 2012 through this PEZ dispenser 

spidermanpez.jpg.80109c648fdc538e8a5a8b8c4d9ae7d5.jpg

We got our first "real' look at Stepphenwolf (from JL) through this toy leaking out

Steppenwolf-Justice-League-Action-Figure-1.jpg.ab8687c2dc4b1690d1d28a3f28db32af.jpg

This was the original design of Ares for the movie before the VFX artists changed it due to the leak. Yes, through Toyfair

https://batman-news.com/2017/02/19/ares-wonder-woman-action-figure/

Just a few months ago, the suit designs for Endgame leaked through toy packaging 

download.jpeg.jpg.a65ca2754fd61067c6e8525c5e940f97.jpg

Toys have a veeeery long history of leaking designs and plot details. It's entirely possible we may be getting a look at the design through Toyfair.

Speak of the devil, some Lego leaks have just revealed more stuff from Endgame last hour 

Incorrect. We got our first look at the TMNT designs 3 weeks prior, in late January 2014. 

29 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Incorrect. We got our first look at the TMNT designs 3 weeks prior, in late January 2014. 

Right, through a licensed Halloween costume aka merchandising. Same deal as toys basically 

TMNT-mike.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Right, through a licensed Halloween costume aka merchandising. Same deal as toys basically 

TMNT-mike.jpg

Mate, we are on the same team here. No need to get snappy. 

Trust me... my entire being wants to see the movie design. 

So, on the subject of the design, though I'm fairly positive I won't like the final design no matter what it ends up being I do hope regardless that it does fully eschew from anything cartoonish. The idea that this is supposed to be a real world possible Sonic loses more and more validity with the more cartoonish elements that it keeps. Frankly, If you feel the need to keep any cartoonish elements you start to defeat the point of trying to make something that can be believed to be real world possible at which point you shouldn't have bothered. Already though the silhouette is demonstrating a number of problems in this regard such as his head being larger than his torso which defies real world anatomy and believability of the circulatory system, and of course the fur covered quills implying that they are feather bird feather quills (calamus) and thus a collection of feathers or that they are some form of tendrils or tentacles growing out of the back of his head instead of a group of smooth hairless quills pressed together to create the iconic shape.

Spoiler

As I've said before, a hedgehog's quill is a single barb that extends from the root in the skin

quilla.jpg

and are not fuzzy or covered in fur. 

A fuzzy or hair covered quill is more apt description of a bird feather

Bird_Biology-feather_types_wing_down_tai

Hopefully they stopped themselves at those mistakes and did not make anymore with trying to make a believable real world possible design. I'm still not buying it myself since Sonic typically eschews realism as it is, but if that is your goal you need to go all the way lest you defeat your intentions before you even get off the blocks.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

If you feel the need to keep any cartoonish elements you start to defeat the point of trying to make something that can be believed to be real world possible at which point you shouldn't have bothered.

Either they want to have their cake and eat it too, or want to go with a "please everybody" attempt...which never works.

• Absolutely 1

Whats up fellas, Im new here. 

Just want to chime in and say that i hope the score has some callbacks to songs from the games. Like when they inevitably show green hill zone, have a sweeping orchestral version the the iconic song. That would be cool.

Just now, Demondeano18 said:

Me too buddy. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack 

i hope to god they don't put in current pop songs or anything like that. A new vocal theme by Crush 40 would be ideal

Well, tomorrow is the Toy Fair, which there may be a possible chance that we could see the movie toys and possibly Sonic's design. So, I guess we will have to wait and see about this tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder if we'll get McDonald's or Burger King toys for the movie lmao (if anyone else says "ew", "I wouldn't want them to support such a horrible fast food place", I already said it for you, even though I personally don't care if they do that).

• Absolutely 1

20 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

I wonder if we'll get McDonald's or Burger King toys for the movie lmao (if anyone else says "ew", "I wouldn't want them to support such a horrible fast food place", I already said it for you, even though I personally don't care if they do that).

Or maybe Sonic Drive-In? Well, you know they had chili dogs, and that probably might be a perfect opportunity for them to partner with Paramount Pictures. They did toys before, like these.:

Photo_2.jpg

Oh, on an unrelated note, Paramount Pictures which is the distributor of the movie, actually did partner with Sonic before, a few years ago.:

unnamed-jpg.27730116

unnamed%2B%25281%2529.png

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Or maybe Sonic Drive-In? Well, you know they had chili dogs, and that probably might be a perfect opportunity for them to partner with Paramount Pictures. They did toys before, like these.:

Photo_2.jpg

Oh, on an unrelated note, Paramount Pictures which is the distributor of the movie, actually did partner with Sonic before, a few years ago.:

unnamed-jpg.27730116

unnamed%2B%25281%2529.png

I frequently get commercials for Sonic (The restaurant) before videos about Sonic (The Hedgehog), though that's probably just some automated result of SEO.

Also, if we do get a collaboration, please don't give those two hipsters in the car a cameo in this movie.  Unless it's a car Sonic the Hedgehog knocks flying while speeding through San Francisco; then I would tolerate it.

1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

Fingers crossed that we get a reveal today. 

Agreed.  Even if we don't, though, I'm interested in seeing what Jakks has in store for the series.  Not necessarily optimistic based on the first previews, though.

6 hours ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Perfect opportunity for a movie-tie in game. 

sonic.jpg

13 minutes ago, Sonicfan7 said:

Perfect opportunity for a movie-tie in game. 

sonic.jpg

A joker happy meal crime!

Our McDonald's says Sega game slime!

Tails saw grr!  Sonic's Kate board!