Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Gangsters Paradise is on Page 380)

Oh, I think I’m going to love his music for the movie. Some of his songs were featured in some of the Burnout games.:

So, BTW, I found this audio interview with Junkie XL. I think he talk briefly about Sonic. This is what he had say. Skip to 39:07 to hear it.:

Well I can't say too much about it except that I'm working on it. I can say that it is an extremely funny movie. It has a completely different character and language than what I am used to working on. I can say 2019 is going to be a very exciting year.'

http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=19352

That's a safe bet because all movies and trailers have comedic elements (thankfully). The movie can still be badass and funny. 

Anyway, Junkie XL joining is fantastic news! Seriously guys, joke how much you want that the movie is gonna suck, but every bit of news we get is amazing, and yet you panic for a silhouette. I don't know you, but I'm more excited than anything about recent games we had.

10 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, I found this, I don’t know if this is real. Could be fake. Do you guys prefer if this was his design? I kinda like it. He looked like the same Sonic we know from the games.:

That's definitely a drawing.

More than fake, can't tell from memory if this is the supposed leak from a couple weeks back that turned out to be fan work being spread around against their wishes. 

I personally don''t think there even is some fully lit version of the teaser poster kicking around, it's clearly been designed with "teasing mystery silhouette" in mind so I fully expect any real leaks/ the official reveal to be a completely new artwork entirely.

4 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

That's a safe bet because all movies and trailers have comedic elements (thankfully). The movie can still be badass and funny. 

Anyway, Junkie XL joining is fantastic news! Seriously guys, joke how much you want that the movie is gonna suck, but every bit of news we get is amazing, and yet you panic for a silhouette. I don't know you, but I'm more excited than anything about recent games we had.

Not everyone here is put off only by the silhouette which was simply another turn-a-way from this movie for me in a long list of turn-a-ways. Live action CGI hybrid, fish out of water story, focus on the human cast, buddy cop flick, limited to small uninteresting stretch of land in North America, seeming total disregard for Sonic being a globetrotting adventure who is always looking forward to his next adventure, continuous use of hyping everything but Sonic to sell the movie, etc. There's a lot about this movie that is turning me away beyond just the silhouette. About the only piece of news I found even somewhat positive was Jim Carrey being cast as Eggman, since I feel his goofiness can match Eggman's own, but even that as someone who prefers the name Eggman was muted by the constant use of the name Robotnik. Now to make matters even worse for me, I've never been a Junkie XL listener and I couldn't even make it through any of the examples of his work shared here as I simply just didn't like what I heard.

Maybe I'm in the minority since I've disliked just about everything I've heard about this movie, but there is a lot more turning me away than just a silhouette I dislike. I'm honestly still trying to give this movie a chance but whereas some here find every bit of new information astounding and awesome I just keep being more and more turned away by it. So right now, even if this movie goes on to become the greatest movie ever made that won't make it anymore appealing to me when there is nothing about it to date beyond Jim Carrey's casting that I have been hyped about. Right now this movie isn't for me and it has to with a lot more than a silhouette.

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest since seeing people blame the silhouette alone for what is putting a lot of people off this movie is fairly disingenuous and in disregards to a number of concerns that were voiced before the silhouette was even revealed. My disappointment in the movie so far aside though, please continue to enjoy your consumption of the movie. I just ask that when addressing people's negativity that you remember to account for more than just the silhouette please as it helps make it feel like you are trying to convince us that the movie will surprise us and not just making fun of us for disliking the silhouette.

Hey everyone!

I have been following this thread for months to try and keep up with any updates, so thought I'd join and say hello. :)

This may be old news so forgive me if its a re post but I saw SEGA have teamed up with Jakks toys, it says that the full range will be unveiled at this year’s New York Toy Fair which takes place between the 16th- 19th of February.

Do you reckon we would see a full design reveal through a toy as opposed to a movie poster?

I do remember the TMNT reboot toy designs being leaked before the movie trailers revealed the proper design. (If I remember correctly!)

https://mynintendonews.com/2019/02/13/sega-teams-with-jakks-as-toy-partner-for-sonic-reveal-at-new-york-toy-fair-2019/

Just now, Jack the Shadow said:

Hello and welcome! I believe Toy Factory is doing the movie merchandise, so unless they are at the NYC toy fair, I doubt it...

Hey bud! :)
Ahh, yes I did see someone post something like that.

I'll be honest I'm still not struck on the poster design but I am starting to get hyped for the movie!
The score by Junkie XL should be good! I wonder if he will use any samples from the games? Sonic 1 title screen perhaps and green hill since it's connected with the movies hometown?

Hoping they do Sonic justice, I know he's had a bad rep in the last few years lol

C'mon Sonic! :)

3 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Hello and welcome! I believe Toy Factory is doing the movie merchandise, so unless they are at the NYC toy fair, I doubt it...

Well, not exactly. Toy Factory isn't a mass toy conglomerate like Jakks Pacific. (They sell plush toys at carnivals and game shows the like) The latter of whom acquired the merchandising rights to the entire franchise so they'll probably be doing the movie line. They're doing the movie line for KOTM too. 

Glad we have Junkie. Imagine if we got something like this when Sonic is transported to Earth 

0:55

Or something like this for Robotnik 

Just now, Demondeano18 said:

@PeterPancake

I am sure we are going to get something epic like that! I have been waiting for years to see Sonic get the hollywood treatment!
Hoping it doesn't turn out to be a fail lol

I will reserve judgement until I see the trailer so forgive me for my optimism! Ha! 😛

SAME, man! Ever since 2008 when I booted up my fresh copy of Sonic Unleash and feasted my eyes on that beautiful cinematic intro. "What if this was a movie?". This franchise has so much potential to be big, for me - it's hard NOT to be excited. 

Also, I LOVE Mudhoney and I could totally see a song like this making it into the movie fitting the tone

Perfectly encapsulates Sonic's edgy, rebellious nature

Without going of topic, the Amazing spiderman 2 soundtrack is fantastic!

Let's hope we are given some nods to the games throughout the score :)

YES! Unleashed had a beautiful intro, I remember seeing it for the first time and being like "yeah, sonic is pretty badass!"

Never heard of Mudhoney but that tune is pretty sick! :D

3 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

So do you think we are getting a first look at Sonic during the toy fair days?

They mention in the article that it is a possibility? So perhaps...

Quoting the article here -

Presumably some of these could be based on the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog movie. The full range will be unveiled at this year’s New York Toy Fair which takes place between the 16th- 19th of February.