Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Demondeano18 said:

So, what upcoming events ands dates are next for us to keep an eye out for some kind of news? We thinking a trailer alongside the pikachu movie? 

Probably maybe SXSW next month or maybe April or May?

• Thumbs Up 3

Is it weirding anyone else out that we never got a specific thread for toys; all of the discussion has been in the movie thread and how pertinent they are to leaking Sonic's design?

Normally I wouldn't indulge "I saw the trailer!!" stuff, but this is somewhat interesting to me for a few reasons.

First of all, DreamcastGuy is a fairly popular Tuber:tm: as it were - and clout can attract folks looking for a way into that clout. Hence, sharing something like this with the guy. He's certainly relevant to something like that - IIRC he's worked with or at least been heavily plugged by SEGA Europe in the past. 

Secondly - I know this stuff can happen because it happened to me, even with my relatively small 'clout' compared to this guy. A couple of years ago I was sent an embargoed piece of Nintendo media just on account of knowing the right folks (the difference is I didn't leak it...). Wouldn't surprise me if this guy just built up the right connections for this to happen. Again, normally I wouldn't entertain this stuff but for once I'm somewhat interested in this debacle. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Trailers don''t even need connections, I saw trailers for a few films early as part of surveys covered in transparent a0ef5d watermarking. Of course if someone has it put up or shut up seems like the way to go.

I wouldn't be surprised by this, considering they've already spat on Sonic's nature as an adventurous type, living day-by-day.

Hey, it's their movie, apparently we audiences don't no nuthin' about a 25 year old beloved franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric's build-up and eventual massacre taught me anything, it's to go into this with expectations below zero with a glass of hard liquor in your hand. 

Bring it on.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Assuming that the tweet is legit and not a bunch of BS, I will say, as ridiculous as it sounds, Gangasta's Paradise actually fits in a humorous context.

Bear in mind, Sonic and Tom will be cops in the movie, so they likely chose the song for that very reason, to hyperbolically say to audiences that Sonic is some badass 'Training Day' style cop. The use of the song is likely making fun of the movie's own premise. 

And we just got JunkieXL confirmed for the actual music used IN the movie, so everybody calm down. Music used in trailers is almost never featured in the movies themselves.

I'm excited.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

1 hour ago, Indigo Rush said:

If Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric's build-up and eventual massacre taught me anything, it's to go into this with expectations below zero with a glass of hard liquor in your hand. 

Bring it on.

Yeah, but you can't shove the movie into a toilet when you're done like Rise of Lyric. Only thing you can shove into the toilet is your hopes and dreams of an animated Sonic movie.

• Chuckle 1

Heard that the trailer will be shown before How to Train Your Dragon 3 which will be releasing this Friday according to this Spanish guy.

I can’t read Spanish, so I used Google Translate to understand it. Here’s what it’s says.:

Apparently the first trailer of the Sonic movie has been leaked, but we have not seen anything yet. I read a tweet out there that said it came out in the How to Train Your Dragon 3 ads, will the trailer be released this Friday? We just have to wait

• Thumbs Up 1

seems like a weird pick for a trailer if  its true? if it was me i go for a green hill remix or maybe  he's going the distance.  or just make something original that fits.

@Myst is right. It makes sense for the movie to be a parody of itself. It's not going to be self-serious, it's poking fun at the concept.  In that context, the song fits really well. 

And now I can easily imagine the tone of this movie being something like this

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

I'm pretty skeptical personally - after seeing the way the internet is with leaks and stuff, I can't really trust anything until I see it with my own eyes.

That being said, him saying that Sonic looks terrible... it's whatever, y'know? 'Cuz that's entirely subjective. I have to wait until I see it myself before I can make that claim.

Using that song in the trailer... sounds absolutely bonkers if it's true... and yet, it doesn't seem that out-of-place or unlikely given what's going on with this movie. I'd honestly be fine with it if they're going full-blown goofy and silly with the trailer. xDD

Either way, I know tons of people will rage about it if it turns out to be true, but they're gonna rage no matter what get's shown, so eh. -shrug- Just have to wait and see.

• Thumbs Up 4

Not really news. Just some cool looking fan art of the characters from the movie. Looks like that Tika’s character will be officially named Nan.

Don’t know where he got that name. So, I asked him for that. This is what he had said.:

• Thumbs Up 3

I’m skeptical about the trailer this Friday for a few reasons but the main concern I have is that no trailer has been officially rated. Usually they rate them 1-2 weeks in advance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

For those who want to hear about that rumored song in that rumored trailer. Here is the song.:

Just the theme I'd imagine for a Sonic movie trailer.

• Chuckle 2

17 minutes ago, Razule said:

Just the theme I'd imagine for a Sonic movie trailer.

It's not that far off from the Knuckles stuff from the Adventure games lmao

• Thumbs Up 1

If Paramount knows the trailer is out there getting passed around, they're probably going to release it sooner now before the leakers make it public.