Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Gangsters Paradise is on Page 380)

2 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Watch this movie make over 300m at the Box-office and spawn a franchise. :D

Transformers did that.

The Transformers movies were still pretty goddamn ass. The same goes for something like The Emoji Movie. 

I'm not a Paramount shareholder so I'm not arsed how much money it makes, I just want something good.

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

Transformers did that.

The Transformers movies were still pretty goddamn ass. The same goes for something like The Emoji Movie. 

I'm not a Paramount shareholder so I'm not arsed how much money it makes, I just want something good.

Now this is more reasonable. It doesn't have to be a shit movie & box office hit, it should be a hit AND a good movie. This is what I hope. Also, I wouldn't be so sure that it will be a hit because it's too early to say, it's just too early to be confident that it will be good or it will be shit. That's what I think.

11 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Transformers did that.

I want something good too. I have enough faith in the people behind this movie to believe the movie will be WELL-MADE objectively. Now whether it will be a good *Sonic movie* is going to be subjective.

9 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Domestic or worldwide?

Worldwide. As long as the marketing budget is not over 60m -- 300m+ will be considered a success. 

400m and a sequel will be greenlit the week after its 4th week like TMNT 

So it's basically the dirty speaking of the badly washed lol

Well, one thing is for sure, this ain't gonna sit right with most people when it's finally fully revealed, perhaps even with those that right now are still optmistic.

6 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Thematically?  Yes; it's pretty far off. "Gangsta's Paradise" is a bleak and realistic deconstruction of tropes some more famous rappers arguably made sound glamorous.

Could it be?  The producers of the Sonic movie, working on a product without understanding the source material?

30 minutes ago, FFWF said:

Could it be?  The producers of the Sonic movie, working on a product without understanding the source material?

LOL

Just listening to gangsters paradise and I'm having a hard time trying to imagine how that song suits the theme of the film. (If the leak was real)

Struggling to picture it working myself but hey, could be wrong....

1 minute ago, Alexios31 said:

So what’s the go? 

Do we believe dreamcastguy or is it all BS?

I'd like to call BS but It wouldn't shock me if the trailer was as terrible as it sounds.

Still, trying to reserve judgement until I see what they have to offer :)

I say let's wait until a trailer drops, then we can agree if it sucks, I don't want to defend what's bad. I just hope it will be good based on the news we got and cast and crew. That's why I'm positive so far. But I can't help but feel like some people will hate it no matter what we get, and if that's okay for them it's okay for me.

4 hours ago, Jango said:

I'm throwing ten bucks Sonic will do the flossing eventually. I mean, gotta appeal to what kids today are into. Maybe Sonic could be an youtuber.

The sadest thing is I can totally see that happening.

This is being amazing from my point of view: it's wrong to be negative about the movie without seeing anything, but it's OK to be positive without seeing anything about it either. "Oh noes, look at him wanting the movie to fail, he must hate Sonic!".

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

This is being amazing from my point of view: it's wrong to be negative about the movie without seeing anything, but it's OK to be positive without seeing anything about it either. "Oh noes, look at him wanting the movie to fail, he must hate Sonic!".

Am I blindly positive? Or am I saying " let's wait for a trailer" so we can judge better. Anything without seeing something first is a prejudice. It's too soon, either positive or negative.

13 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Am I blindly positive? Or am I saying " let's wait for a trailer" so we can judge better. Anything without seeing something first is a prejudice. It's too soon, either positive or negative.

I don't know how long you're here or into this franchise, but it's never too early or too soon. When most people agree something looks bad/off/uncanny, it really end up being true, especially with Sonic. I don't know what to tell you man, maybe the negative energy alone affects the product somehow, you know, I'm talking about spirits, bad mojo and shit at this point 🤷

Okay, obviously I worded that badly, we can express our opinions, negative or positive whatever. But still, it's too early to say it objectively sucks IMO.

Whatever. At this point, I don't care anymore, I'm sick of playing the devils advocate here. I won't leave but I'm not gonna defend everything, because that's dumb. If it sucks, we'll agree, if not I'm gonna enjoy a movie. Simple.