Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Well he is a guy who approved Sonic 06's plot so....

....But Naka left Sonic Team after Shadow was released and I don't think Naka had the power to approve that, Iizuka maybe but I doubt it was Naka.

....But Naka left Sonic Team after Shadow was released and I don't think Naka had the power to approve that, Iizuka maybe but I doubt it was Naka.

I believe Naka left halfway through 06. So he was part responsible for 06 and fully responsible for Shadow.

In other words, he let out a massive fart in the elevator and stepped out and left everyone with the fart. (Though that's really not a way I'd like to phrase it. How unclean and disgraceful!)

• Thumbs Up 5

Basically, my problem is not that I'm worried the animation itself will be bad, but that Sonic's actual design won't be Sonic. If it looks like our current model, but higher res and with fur textures, fine. If it looks exactly the same as we've got now, fine. If this looks like a realistic anthro hedgehog with an actual snout, and literal quills instead of the head-dildos we have now, NOT FINE.

He's the original executive producer of Sonic 2006. He jumped ship in the middle of development.  He said that the premise of the game was "what if Sonic were real?" His idea of the franchise is very different than what most of us think it should be.

• Thumbs Up 4

I believe Naka left halfway through 06. So he was part responsible for 06 and fully responsible for Shadow.

In other words, he let out a massive fart in the elevator and stepped out and left everyone with the fart. (Though that's really not a way I'd like to phrase it. How unclean and disgraceful!)

Basically Oshima's sperm fertilized Naka's egg. Naka gave birth to Sanic, and the two took great delight in raising their baby. Then somehow crazy uncle Iizuka shows up, and is just kinda in the background. Eventually Oshima runs away because he can't handle the stress of family life. Naka takes to crazy uncle Iizuka to help raising the kid. Naka is really depressed from Oshima running off however, and crazy uncle Iizuka becomes the dominant figure int he kid's life, which kinda messes him up. Eventually Naka can't handle the stress anymore, so he runs off too. The kid doesn't know what to do with himself, so he runs off to find himself. He goes through this awkward puberty phase, where he starts getting really hairy and stretchy at night, but eventually returns home and kinda makes peace with crazy uncle Iizuka. But the uncle is still fucking nuts... And allows distant relatives Sega of America to produce a clone of his nephew wearing lots of sports tape, and at a big family reunion the whole Sega family decides to bring in that nice man Sony Pictures from down the street... Let's make a movie, they say. But I don't want to make a movie, says the kid, I just want to run around and fight robots and have fun, he says. But nobody cares what the kid wants, they just know his name is worth something, and they're gonna get that something, no matter what they have to do to the kid.

And no one remembers Yasahura. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Basically Oshima's sperm fertilized Naka's egg. Naka gave birth to Sanic, and the two took great delight in raising their baby. Then somehow crazy uncle Iizuka shows up, and is just kinda in the background. Eventually Oshima runs away because he can't handle the stress of family life. Naka takes to crazy uncle Iizuka to help raising the kid. Naka is really depressed from Oshima running off however, and crazy uncle Iizuka becomes the dominant figure int he kid's life, which kinda messes him up. Eventually Naka can't handle the stress anymore, so he runs off too. The kid doesn't know what to do with himself, so he runs off to find himself. He goes through this awkward puberty phase, where he starts getting really hairy and stretchy at night, but eventually returns home and kinda makes peace with crazy uncle Iizuka. But the uncle is still fucking nuts... And allows distant relatives Sega of America to produce a clone of his son wearing lots of sports tape, and at big family reunions the whole Sega family decides to bring in that nice man Sony Pictures from down the street... Let's make a movie, they say. But I don't want to make a movie, says the kid, I just want to run around and fight robots and have fun, he says. But nobody cares what the kid wants, they just know his name is worth something, and they're gonna get that something, no matter what they have to do to the kid.

And no one remembers Yasahura.

I cried, such a tragic yet beautiful tale. But you forgot about Crazy Uncle Iizuka not letting Sonic have friends.

Speaking of which I'm curious about what they mean by "Sonic protecting his friends from their enemies". Let me guess; A government organisation thinking they are aliens and want to track them down and hold them captive?

If this movie will turn to be a complete piece of crap, at least it would increase the quality and respectfulness of the source material.

Like Shyamalan's Last Airbender, Dragon Ball Evolution, Smurfs and Gardfield movies made us love and appreciate the original even more than before.

If this movie will turn to be a complete piece of crap, at least it would increase the quality and respectfulness of the source material.

Like Shyamalan's Last Airbender, Dragon Ball Evolution, Smurfs and Gardfield movies made us love and appreciate the original even more than before.

Not really... Diarrhea is worse than regular shit, but... shit is still shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not really... Diarrhea is worse than regular shit, but... shit is still shit.

Sorry, but... I don't get it.

Seriously, what do you mean?

Like if the movie is worse than the shittiest Sonic games, It's not gonna make those any better. It's just gonna be more crap on top of an existing pile of crap.

Listen, I never said

"the bad Sonic movie will make us like the bad Sonic games"

I meant that a possible bad movie will at least make us appreciate the source material even more than we already do

Like The Last Airbender increased the love for the original cartoon etcetera

I never said that (insert random bad Sonic game here) will look good in comparison.

Good god guys quit bitching the movie has even had trailer yet and your ALREADY bashing it? my word wait until a teaser trailer until you make a Judgement all in all im Excited for a sonic movie and would love to see where it goes

Good god guys quit bitching the movie has even had trailer yet and your ALREADY bashing it? my word wait until a teaser trailer until you make a Judgement all in all im Excited for a sonic movie and would love to see where it goes

Well, for one, as has been mentioned, the live action/CGI hybrid model is tried an awful lot with adaptions... and the track record is poor.

For two, remember what franchise this is.

Pessimism is justified as all hell with this project. Especially with point one. After the great start Sony was off to with deciding for pure CGI for its cartoony franchise-based movies, it seems really weird they suddenly want live action.

I get the feeling the live action idea came from Sonic Team or something, though. It doesn't seem characteristic of Sony's approach.

The lack of a trailer is another mark against this, when Ratchet and Sly got their trailers the day of confirmation. It almost seems to say "this looks horrible at the moment so we don't want to show you it."

Thats a good point you make there and i hope they base it off of The adventure games but doubt that

And if they do base it off Adventure the humans will probs be not important to plot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-d-V9jXYDE

Just pretend it's Sonic.

Seriously though, that's the most upto date Live action CGI hybrid movie. Whilst there's an artstyle, you know it's gonna be like that.

• Thumbs Up 2

My worst fear would be that Eggman possibly being a human actor means that we don't get Mike Pollock doing his voice...his voice for Eggman has been responsible for the spot on delivery of so many great lines and has only gotten better and better. To lose that for the sake of inserting a star actor who doesn't fit the role would be tragic.

Edit : What have they done to Paddington? I vaguely remember the books when I was a kid. I don't remember that kind of humor...it's been a while but I'm pretty sure he had a shy polite sensibility about him. And where's his raincoat and gumboots, and the absence of a marmalade reference in the trailer...or am I remembering incorrectly?

Ok, wait, the first post isn't updated, is this thing seriously REAL? A Sonic Live Action/CG Movie hybrid? Seriously?

...this is going to be hell in a hand basket.

I have little confidence in taking a classic animated character and turning it into a live action/CG movie hybrid. And its even WORSE when it originates in a video game, then its almost guaranteed to be atrocious.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out, but I'm not anticipating good things from this.

I'm scared Eggman is gonna be a human actor.

No one can do Eggman than Mike Pollock. We were so close for a fully animated Sonic movie. But instead its live action. I really hope this live/action turns out good.

Yeah, just have Pollock himself be the actor. Or at the very least, have someone who looks like Eggman play him, and dub Mike's lines over his voice.

Ok, wait, the first post isn't updated, is this thing seriously REAL? A Sonic Live Action/CG Movie hybrid? Seriously?

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/06/its-official-sony-is-making-a-sonic-movie/

The topic has had "Confirmed" in the title for the past 2 or 3 days. I only removed it today since it was a bit long and duplicate topics were popping up.

Oh god that trailer. Please no. I don't want this.

I hope to God SEGA are listening to the reaction and ditch this whole "live action/CGI" angle, or at least hurry up and give a proof of concept trailer to show it won't be too atrocious.

With regards to Eggman, as mentioned, they could dub Mike's voice over a real actor.

Though again, if he's gonna be surrounded by CGI environments and CGI characters... just make him a CGI human too. Seriously, what's the point of throwing humans in a CGI world?

We need some way for them to hear us is the problem, but I don't think there's anything we can do, unless someone can get to a higher-up at Sega at some convention or something and tell them to switch the CGliveactionbullshit to full CG before too much has been done.

I'd like to say tho... 

If it's looking like the Progressive Ad. I think I'd like it. 

I mean yeah sure I'd like if the whole movie was done in Unleashed's art style but I'm not too bothered if it's at least at the level of the Progressive Ad.