Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

So here's a thought that's been in my head. Maybe the reason we only hear about Sonic being in the movie is its a loose adaptation of the first game and they're banking on a sequel. 

I don't think anybody has had a discussion about this yet, but how do you feel about the representation of Sonic's speed in this movie?

Looks like no trailer with How to Train your Dragon 3.

This person on instagram saw it. If there was a trailer I think they would have said something, since they claim to be a Sonic fan.

About that test screening "leak"...

You never 100% know if stuff like that is real or not, but there's a couple of things that could conclude that it's fake.......

For starters, I don't think they'd be marketing toys for this film if it was THAT offensive. I'm not denying it, I mean they had two dogs smashing in a Transformers movie for no fucking reason once so it isn't impossible, but I highly doubt a film marketed towards kids is going to have its main character, a cartoon hedgehog, flip off people and excessively swear. Even if that was an idea for the movie, I'm pretty sure someone in the studio would point out that children are watching it.

I can see him swearing and maybe flipping the bird like once, but the way that person makes it out, it sounds like something equivalent to Sausage Party.

And don't say "it's PG-13 so it isn't marketed at kids".

Uh...just because it's PG-13 doesn't always mean anything. Huge franchises like MCU, Transformers, Star Wars, ARE FOR KIDS TO ENJOY TOO! Why do you think they make toys in the first place?

On 9/2/2018 at 9:21 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Not much to see here unfortunately, but just some trucks and some filming equipment.

On 9/2/2018 at 10:57 PM, SmezMorePrakezz said:

DmDJGZjUwAA4ysO.jpg

A light setup is pointing in the woods. I guess that there must be a scene of Sonic running in the wood, just running or was chased by hi-tech G.U.N/Eggman mechs. Or it could be hidden lair for our antagonist.

Theory:

These filming locations could be for Sonic's homeworld.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

The movie is 9 months away. Most MCU trailers don't release until the movie is 5 or 6 month away. Wait until May or June

They may not have a trailer ready, but they should have something.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think SXSW is going to be the last chance in determining if this movie is going to be worth watching or not. SXSW is probably going to be the next time we get something new in regard to the movie.

If the rumors regarding a new Sonic cartoon are true, then I predict that it is being created as an apology for the movie. I HOPE THIS NOT TRUE!

17 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

I think SXSW is going to be the last chance in determining if this movie is going to be worth watching or not. SXSW is probably going to be the next time we get something new in regard to the movie.

If the rumors regarding a new Sonic cartoon are true, then I predict that it is being created as an apology for the movie. I HOPE THIS NOT TRUE!

Really? I disagree.

Like I've been saying, trailers don't typically release that early (I'm starting to doubt we're even getting one at SXSW), and an apology series would be cool. Because video games tend to work better in increments, I think a cartoon could potentially be better than a film too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still think we'll see a teaser during the Kid's Choice Awards. Especially if Jim Carrey or James Marsden are one of the guests appearing onstage.

• Thumbs Up 1

They never did officially release that Golden Gate Bridge poster online, huh? Only seen it from people who've taken pics of it at the theater. 

56 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Really? I disagree.

Like I've been saying, trailers don't typically release that early (I'm starting to doubt we're even getting one at SXSW), and an apology series would be cool. Because video games tend to work better in increments, I think a cartoon could potentially be better than a film too.

I am just hoping that this supposed new cartoon series is not an apology for the film.

7 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

What even was that Genie.. Lmao 

I find that reponse ironic, as I think that genie and the Sonic silhouette is in the same level of 'Wtf?'.

• Chuckle 1

Unfortunately, no. Looks like there wasn't a teaser with How to Train Your Dragon after all.

I think the Kid's Choice Awards are our best bet now.

• Absolutely 1

12 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

I think whatever the trailer consists of, everyone is still going to hate it either way...

You mean everyone except who already decided this is gonna be the best thing to happen to Sonic.

1 hour ago, MrPolynomialX said:

I think whatever the trailer consists of, everyone is still going to hate it either way...

I could see that happening based on how people have reacted to past live-action/CGI adaptations, but I could also see this going the way Sonic Boom did, and I was amused as of the first trailers of the TV show (not so much the game).  Not everyone ended up liking it, but there's little denying it had a solid understanding of Sonic fan culture and tried to cater to that.  I think that this movie will be tolerable if it goes in that direction, even though that isn't really the direction I want for this series.

Possibilities for a teaser trailer:

Attached to Bumblebee
Airs during Super Bowl
Attached to How to Train your Dragon 3
Attached with Wonder Park (March 15th)
Shown at SXSW (March 16th)
Airs during Kid's Choice Awards (March 23rd)
Attached to Avengers: Endgame (April 26th)
Attached to Detective Pikachu (May 10th)
San Diego Comi-Con (July 18th)

Or, it randomly drops on @ParamountPics twitter

victorian-detective.jpg

• My Emmerdoods 1