Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Immense feelings of pity for Oshima and Yamaguchi seeing this happen to their characters. Anyone know who specifically drew Knuckles? I may need to start working on a list of designer casualties.

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:Oh, also, found this. Apparently, there is a Movie Tails Plush Figure up for preorder on Amazon. There is no actual picture of the plush. Could this mean that this confirmed that Tails is actually in the movie? I don’t know. This listing could likely be fake. The date seem to be wrong.

Tails is a human woman in the movie?......I actually believe it.

Either Tails has a small part in the movie or the merch has characters not in the movie to expand the product range.

• Way Past Cool 1

I think it’s fake.:

BTW, here is another movie that have been delayed, which is good for the Sonic movie. The Kingsman prequel had been push to next February, which make the month, November a bit less competitive for the movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kingsman-prequel-moves-feb-2020-free-fall-lands-summer-release-1189367

• Thumbs Up 3

Tails will definitely be in this, even if it is just a small role. He's been a staple of the series almost as long as Sonic himself. 

And besides that, Tails is a cute character that I can see Paramount wanting to cater to kids & young girls with. Every family film needs a 'cute' character and Tails fits that quota.

Maybe part of the film's story will be that Robotnik is holding Sonic's friends hostage, hence why Sonic is on his own & needs Tom's help?

Tim Miller also mentioned that part of the movie takes place on another planet, so we will likely see characters like Tails, Amy & Knuckles there.

I will be shocked if Tails does not appear at some point in this movie.

• Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

I'm kind of skeptical about other characters besides Sonic and Robotnick getting in. Wouldn't someone besides Been Schwartz be mentioned for a voice role or motion capture setting if that was the case?

I don’t know. It’s possible that they may have some of them under wraps. Like for example, Bumblebee’s voice actor wasn’t revealed until a few weeks before the movie was released in theaters. Some other examples like Avengers Endgame and Shazam still have some actors under wrap and reveal them after the filming.:

https://deadline.com/2018/12/dylan-obrien-bumblebee-paramount-t-1202513258/amp/

https://www.thewrap.com/13-reasons-why-katherine-langford-avengers-4/

https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/01/29/rtf-exclusive-avengers-endgame-a-big-return-and-another-community-alum-cast/

https://screenrant.com/shazam-movie-actors-secret-cast/amp/

https://screenrant.com/shazam-movie-adult-superhero-actors/

• Thumbs Up 1

To repeat myself, while I won't say it's absolutely impossible for any other Sonic characters to be in this, the people promoting this movie would have gotten fans more optimistic if they revealed some of them instead of just revealing questionable aesthetics in their Sonic model and a tired out bunch of movie tropes hardly tied to Sonic's appeal.

I'm calling it now. 

If the real teaser or trailer isn't released before April...
I bet they'll make a trailer showing the fake Sonic design includes "all the aspect fans don't want it to be" in April fools day to piss off fans even more. Just to soften the hate on the true design when they about to truly reveal it.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

I'm calling it now. 

I bet they'll make a trailer showing the fake Sonic design includes "all the aspect fans don't want it to be" in April fools day to piss off fans even more. Just to soften the hate on the true design when they about to truly reveal it.

This is very self-destructive.

You don't attempt to piss off the fans, even on April Fools, because it shows that the film is diving headfirst without caring about what it's audience thinks. This has happened before, and it never works.

I hope that when a trailer is eventually revealed, that it does not receive the same amount of backlash that the Aladdin trailer did.

37 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

I hope that when a trailer is eventually revealed, that it does not receive the same amount of backlash that the Aladdin trailer did.

Honestly? I hope it does. Much like the constant changes and special editions to Star Wars, I want Hollywood (specifically the many, many incompetent people working there) to learn that maybe you should just leave shit alone sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

I’m sorry, I know this post is old, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around this sentence... Are you saying that it's far-fetched that SEGA will sell Sonic to another game company? If so, then yeah I completely agree with you. But if you're saying that it's extremely unlikely that SEGA will let other developers who know what they're doing develop Sonic games for them, then that hurts me and I have to strongly disagree with you, because I feel like the only way that this franchise can get back on good tracks is if SEGA hires professional fans like Christian Whitehead to not just develop games for them, but to be executives for the franchise.

I feel like the chances of SEGA hiring more professional Sonic fans to work with the Sonic franchise are higher than they've ever been (that's not to say it's likely, but still) since Sonic Mania was a game made by Christian Whitehead and other passionate fans who've worked on impressive Sonic fan games in the past, and fans like Tee Lopes and Hyper Potions are now making music for future Sonic games like Team Sonic Racing.

I didn't even know what the original context that sentence came from was. I looked back on it and it's apart of a much larger post that outright talks about all the times they have allowed people who are actual fans and who know what they're doing to work on the series. The post is talking about how awful SEGA/"Sonic Team" themselves are and that specific sentence, within its original context, is clearly saying that they wouldn't hand over their entire Sonic enterprise to a completely different company who actually knew what they're doing.

I don't know how anyone could read what I wrote there and be confused about what I meant since it's a very long and very detailed post. I straight up talked about plenty of examples within that post of passionate people who've been allowed to work on the series. I don't mean to sound harsh but I feel like the only way you could be confused about what I said is if you didn't read it. 

2 hours ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

I'm calling it now. 

No. No chance. Stop. 

36 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

Honestly? I hope it does. Much like the constant changes and special editions to Star Wars, I want Hollywood (specifically the many, many incompetent people working there) to learn that maybe you should just leave shit alone sometimes.

So you admit you want the film to fail.

Wow.. what a sad human you are. 

31 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I didn't even know what the original context that sentence came from was. I looked back on it and it's apart of a much larger post that outright talks about all the times they have allowed people who are actual fans and who know what they're doing to work on the series. The post is talking about how awful SEGA/"Sonic Team" themselves are and that specific sentence, within its original context, is clearly saying that they wouldn't hand over their entire Sonic enterprise to a completely different company who actually knew what they're doing.

I don't know how anyone could read what I wrote there and be confused about what I meant since it's a very long and very detailed post. I straight up talked about plenty of examples within that post of passionate people who've been allowed to work on the series. I don't mean to sound harsh but I feel like the only way you could be confused about what I said is if you didn't read it. 

Off topic but I adore your fan-art of tails!

8 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

So you admit you want the film to fail.

Wow.. what a sad human you are. 

I didn't insult you, not once. I would appreciate if you gave me the same respect.

Why would I want a bad product to succeed? Why would I want more of a bad product?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MrPolynomialX said:

Off topic but I adore your fan-art of tails!

Thanks! I wish I had more time to do more but... life.

18 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

I didn't insult you, not once. I would appreciate if you gave me the same respect.

Why would I want a bad product to succeed? Why would I want more of a bad product?

Because maybe, just maybe-- it's not a bad product? You haven't used nor experienced said product. Why would you want the product to fail when you haven't used it yet?