Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Gangsters Paradise is on Page 380)

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

If we are not getting a trailer sooner, they should at least release some first look pictures to keep us interesting.

I think you mean "interested".  We fans don't need help to be more interesting than anything released for the movie thus far.

6 hours ago, MrPolynomialX said:

Imagine If Jim Carrey's Robotnik appeared at the Oscars...

I hope for a pingas reference if that is the case.  I will admit, I'm generally not a fan of Jim Carrey's movie roles although I have enjoyed his stand-up, but his over-acted shtick might actually fit well with the Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog take on Rglrobotnik.

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

I'm betting that some random popular singer or band is going to do a song for the movie. They also might make a music video for the song.

I am actually a bit more optimistic about this movie's music than other aspects of it.  Of course, that's something of a base expectation since even Sonic 2006 had good music.

Not really news, and I’m not sure if this is legit or not. Someone claimed that he had a friend who was an extra in the movie. He get to drive his car in some of the scenes. 

Oh, also, found this. Apparently, there is a Movie Tails Plush Figure up for preorder on Amazon. There is no actual picture of the plush. Could this mean that this confirmed that Tails is actually in the movie? I don’t know. This listing could likely be fake. The date seem to be wrong.

BTW, I made this, because since both the movie and Team Sonic Racing are coming out this year. I was wondering how would the game would feel like if Tom and the girl from the movie are racing with Sonic and the others? Anyway, Hope you all like it! Enjoy! 😁

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:Oh, also, found this. Apparently, there is a Movie Tails Plush Figure up for preorder on Amazon. There is no actual picture of the plush. Could this mean that this confirmed that Tails is actually in the movie? I don’t know. This listing could likely be fake. The date seem to be wrong.

Tails is a human woman in the movie?......I actually believe it.

I think it’s fake.:

BTW, here is another movie that have been delayed, which is good for the Sonic movie. The Kingsman prequel had been push to next February, which make the month, November a bit less competitive for the movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kingsman-prequel-moves-feb-2020-free-fall-lands-summer-release-1189367

Tails will definitely be in this, even if it is just a small role. He's been a staple of the series almost as long as Sonic himself. 

And besides that, Tails is a cute character that I can see Paramount wanting to cater to kids & young girls with. Every family film needs a 'cute' character and Tails fits that quota.

Maybe part of the film's story will be that Robotnik is holding Sonic's friends hostage, hence why Sonic is on his own & needs Tom's help?

Tim Miller also mentioned that part of the movie takes place on another planet, so we will likely see characters like Tails, Amy & Knuckles there.

I will be shocked if Tails does not appear at some point in this movie.

I'm kind of skeptical about other characters besides Sonic and Robotnick getting in. Wouldn't someone besides Been Schwartz be mentioned for a voice role or motion capture setting if that was the case?

I don’t know. It’s possible that they may have some of them under wraps. Like for example, Bumblebee’s voice actor wasn’t revealed until a few weeks before the movie was released in theaters. Some other examples like Avengers Endgame and Shazam still have some actors under wrap and reveal them after the filming.:

https://deadline.com/2018/12/dylan-obrien-bumblebee-paramount-t-1202513258/amp/

https://www.thewrap.com/13-reasons-why-katherine-langford-avengers-4/

https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/01/29/rtf-exclusive-avengers-endgame-a-big-return-and-another-community-alum-cast/

https://screenrant.com/shazam-movie-actors-secret-cast/amp/

https://screenrant.com/shazam-movie-adult-superhero-actors/

To repeat myself, while I won't say it's absolutely impossible for any other Sonic characters to be in this, the people promoting this movie would have gotten fans more optimistic if they revealed some of them instead of just revealing questionable aesthetics in their Sonic model and a tired out bunch of movie tropes hardly tied to Sonic's appeal.

I'm calling it now. 

If the real teaser or trailer isn't released before April...
I bet they'll make a trailer showing the fake Sonic design includes "all the aspect fans don't want it to be" in April fools day to piss off fans even more. Just to soften the hate on the true design when they about to truly reveal it.

45 minutes ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

I'm calling it now. 

If the real teaser or trailer isn't released before April...
I bet they'll make a trailer showing the fake Sonic design includes "all the aspect fans don't want it to be" in April fools day to piss off fans even more. Just to soften the hate on the true design when they about to truly reveal it.

This is very self-destructive.

You don't attempt to piss off the fans, even on April Fools, because it shows that the film is diving headfirst without caring about what it's audience thinks. This has happened before, and it never works.

37 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

I hope that when a trailer is eventually revealed, that it does not receive the same amount of backlash that the Aladdin trailer did.

Honestly? I hope it does. Much like the constant changes and special editions to Star Wars, I want Hollywood (specifically the many, many incompetent people working there) to learn that maybe you should just leave shit alone sometimes.