Jump to content
Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Gangsters Paradise is on Page 380)

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

I have a strong feeling that Sonic will wear clothing in the movie. 

Sega seems not to like letting Sonic wear clothes in adaptations; probably because that might make his nakedness in the core series look wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

I posted at the same time you did, so it made it seem I was responding to you. I was actually responding to Gamecuber64.

Found it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/a9xm1u/sonic_movie_jp_website_was_online_show_the_almost/

Hey also, I'm noticing that Patrick Casey seems a little irritated at people repeatedly spamming questions about the movie. Everyone chill out! Just patiently wait for the trailer in like May lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Found it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/a9xm1u/sonic_movie_jp_website_was_online_show_the_almost/

Hey also, I'm noticing that Patrick Casey seems a little irritated at people repeatedly spamming questions about the movie. Everyone chill out! Just patiently wait for the trailer in like May lmao

Some interesting points being made that could point to Sonic's arms being beige/peach after all instead of blue. That's probably my only gripe with design 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember that the former writer, Van say that we will be pleasantly surprised in this thread 6 years ago. I think this is the one. I'm not sure if that will be the case, since he doesn't work on the movie anymore.:

Ca4pVx9W4AAljFs.png-large.png

He also mentioned that he had wrote a scene where Eggman had a coffee maker that was labeled Mean Bean Machine. Unfortunately, it got cut due to unknown reasons.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VanTheBrand/status/815288045494616064

https://mobile.twitter.com/VanTheBrand/status/815289565736931328?p=v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

Some interesting points being made that could point to Sonic's arms being beige/peach after all instead of blue. That's probably my only gripe with design 

I for one am long past done griping about the design, regardless of what color the limbs are or how human the limbs appear.  I'll weigh in on the face when I see it, since it may or may not be truly hideous, but the main things rubbing me the wrong way about this movie now are the plot details we've gotten...and furthermore, the ones we HAVEN'T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I remember that the former writer, Van say that we will be pleasantly surprised in this thread 6 years ago. I think this is the one. I'm not sure if that will be the case, since he doesn't work on the movie anymore.:

Ca4pVx9W4AAljFs.png-large.png

He also mentioned that he had wrote a scene where Eggman had a coffee maker that was labeled Mean Bean Machine. Unfortunately, it got cut due to unknown reasons.

Unfortunately times have changed and so has this movies plot.

Hey, maybe Sega did not have a problem with the design of Sonic's body.

According to Miller, the only problem they had with the design were the eyes.

 

Clearly passion goes into all Blur Studio's projects

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patrick and Joss have both said the movie will be nothing like Alvin or the Smurfs. 

 

35 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

I for one am long past done griping about the design, regardless of what color or how human the limbs appear.  I'll weigh in on the face when I see it, since it may or may not be truly hideous, but the main things rubbing me the wrong way about this movie now are the plot details we've gotten...and furthermore, the ones we HAVEN'T.

The face won't be far off from the games. 

 

The plot I'm waiting for more details in context 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I remember that the former writer, Van say that we will be pleasantly surprised in this thread 6 years ago. I think this is the one. I'm not sure if that will be the case, since he doesn't work on the movie anymore.:

Ca4pVx9W4AAljFs.png-large.png

He also mentioned that he had wrote a scene where Eggman had a coffee maker that was labeled Mean Bean Machine. Unfortunately, it got cut due to unknown reasons.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VanTheBrand/status/815288045494616064

https://mobile.twitter.com/VanTheBrand/status/815289565736931328?p=v

You have to remember this was back when the film was still being developed under Sony (and presumably that's also true of the tweets from nearly three years ago). Even though the basic hybrid film idea was always part of this, Robichau, and likely even higher ups at Sony, probably had a much different vision for Sonic than Paramount does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think that Sony didn't give a shit about Sonic, they clearly lost interest and the project was going nowhere. Paramount is enthusiast about it and actually made it happen so, it's the best thing to happen to Sonic IMO. Have somebody who believes in him (and believe it can be a success and make cash, obviously). Then there is the fact that they may not care for "Sonic" as we know him, and I'm worried that they may change him too much, but it's too early for me to say for sure. Fans I understand though, they are really scared and already in defense mode so they expect a big shit from the movie, so they don't get disappointed. But there is nothing wrong in being hopeful either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Still think that Sony didn't give a shit about Sonic, they clearly lost interest and the project was going nowhere. Paramount is enthusiast about it and actually made it happen so, it's the best thing to happen to Sonic IMO. Have somebody who believes in him (and believe it can be a success and make cash, obviously). Then there is the fact that they may not care for "Sonic" as we know him, and I'm worried that they may change him too much, but it's too early for me to say for sure. Fans I understand though, they are really scared and already in defense mode so they expect a big shit from the movie, so they don't get disappointed. But there is nothing wrong in being hopeful either.

Enthusiastic? They just want to make a buck. You know it too. Movie's being hidden for ages, Paramount barely even talk about it. If that's your opinion of "best thing that could've happened to Sonic", you gotta pray that this end up turning great. I can't see how, tho'. But more power to you my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jango said:

Enthusiastic? They just want to make a buck. Movie's being hidden for ages. If that's your opinion of "best thing that could've happened to Sonic", my Lord Sonic fans take anything these days...

Having somebody who understands and believes Sonic can be a success is a good thing to me, then it depends on what they've created for the big screen. What's wrong with being hopeful, exactly? Still, the movie has a lot to prove for us to be confident about it, but we don't have to be nichilistic about everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DreamSaturn said:

Well, yeah, obviously. Talking bad about a project you're involved in when a company is trying to sell it is one way to get fired and blacklisted.

That's a point a I've been trying to make as well.

I don't think anyone in an interview or comment ever said, at least before the release of the product they were working on, that "Yeah, I joined the team thinking it was gonna be an awesome project. Turned out all the people calling the shots were idiots and didn't have a clue. But oh well, what are you gonna do? A paycheck's a paycheck."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Paramount is enthusiast about it and actually made it happen so, it's the best thing to happen to Sonic IMO.

I'm sure they are just as enthusiastic as AtGames is about making quality Genesis/Mega Drive clones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People should really learn not to trust the words of the people trying to sell them the movie - because either A. of course they're going to tell you it isn't any of those because if they said up right "yeah, it's exactly like that", then you won't see the movie. You can keep swearing up down, left and right that the people making the movie is claiming this or that and it still won't mean anything because it's their job to get people on board and try to sell them to go see the movie. They aren't going to shittalk their movie, plain and simple.

Or B. as Zay said - what was told to us back then from someone involved with the movie who at least came to a popular Sonic board to reassure fans - which makes it at least seem like he wanted to get fans on board, which is admirable - it simply might not be true anymore. That was six years ago, and after a company change. Reason I don't believe this for a second? The exact same thing happened with the Ratchet movie.

In the early days, the movie's social media was widely used to communicate with fans and reassure them of the movie, even answering questions in regards to how deep an adaption it will be, even confirming things that were asked like about two or so years before the movie would release that they were focusing on the Classic Ratchet universe, and no Future characters would make a cameo.

Everything leading up to the release seemed to reassure fans of it's quality. Getting the script writer from the games was highly stated to ensure quality, the animation tried to be similar to the games, etc. Then what happened? The executives got cold feet, panicked, hired a new script writer to completely butcher the original script of the movie and seemingly was the one that caused so many of the controversial changes, including all of the cliched crap like making Ratchet a wide-eyed dreamer, adding a ton of """"we're relevant!" jokes, and many more issues that I can't remember off the top of my head, and all of this was when we were being assured that the movie would be good, and the social media and creators were being very interactive with the fanbase.

In short, trusting the words of the people trying to sell the movie is meaningless. From there, or from now. From there, things have changed so much that it's unreliable to take their word anymore, and now - they're trying to sell the movie to a fanbase who have made the design so hated to the point even casual fans, and people who weren't even interested in the series were aware of the controversy. Of course they're now trying to claim it's totally different from the many infamous examples of movies like Sonic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope Patrick Casey, Josh Miller, and that other guy didn't change Van's script too much. It sounded like the guy actually knew a lot about the franchise.

I'm not saying Josh and Pat know nothing, they've stated that they do, and I remember hearing that podcast where  Josh talks about the movie, and he did research on some obscure shit, but it's just their resumes for making films are really bad, whereas Van's isn't great, but it is a lot better, which makes me very sceptical as to how this will all turn out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After finally watching Spider-Verse and Ralph Breaks the Internet, I really wish we got a animated Sonic movie instead. I think everybody would be ok with that. 

Oh well, probably going to appreciate what we were going to get. I’m hoping this movie is decent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its kind of distressing when so many people responsible for the creation of Sonic are outright mocking or already rather discouraged about the movie, Naoto Ohshima doesn't like the look of the movie so far, Hirokazu Yasuhara made fun of the movie's poster, Shun Nakamura's silent response to the movie is a sign of not approving of the film and even Yuiji Naka who is the most posetive of the 4 is worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

Its kind of distressing when so many people responsible for the creation of Sonic are outright mocking or already rather discouraged about the movie, Naoto Ohshima doesn't like the look of the movie so far, Hirokazu Yasuhara made fun of the movie's poster, Shun Nakamura's silent response to the movie is a sign of not approving of the film and even Yuiji Naka who is the most posetive of the 4 is worried.

I mean, yeah. It's not like they must like the movie, and seeing as the movie has fundamentally altered their design and style, and has thrown away the universe they've created from the ground up, can you really blame them? The movie from everything we've seen so far seems to not give a flying toss about anything they've made to this point, and wants to change it completely into something unoriginal and uninspired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

I really hope Patrick Casey, Josh Miller, and that other guy didn't change Van's script too much. 

Do you mean Oren Uziel? He is the writer of 22 Jump Street and The Cloverfield Paradox. He is currently writing the Detective Pikachu sequel and Supergirl.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm3349927/filmotype/writer?ref_=m_nmfm_1

According to this article, they only write the first draft of the film. While, he write the most recent draft.:

Patrick Casey and Josh Miller wrote the first draft of Sonic, and Oren Uziel wrote the most recent draft.

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/sonic-hedgehog-movie-star-james-marsden-1115976

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean, yeah. It's not like they must like the movie, and seeing as the movie has fundamentally altered their design and style, and has thrown away the universe they've created from the ground up, can you really blame them? The movie from everything we've seen so far seems to not give a flying toss about anything they've made to this point, and wants to change it completely into something unoriginal and uninspired.

WOA buddy. Im not blaming them. In fact I get it. But.

I am just saying its so NOT looking good for the movie, so much sighs of everything going downhill, like Im not going to watch the movie but I almost feel sorry for it in a way lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

WOA buddy. Im not blaming them. In fact I get it. But.

I am just saying its so NOT looking good for the movie, so much sighs of everything going downhill, like Im not going to watch the movie but I almost feel sorry for it in a way lol. 

I wasn't saying you were blaming them, I just meant in a general "can anyone really blame them for feeling this way".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.