Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

34 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

They're posting again.

Oh, he respond to my comment. Olive Garden? Really? I think Sonic Drive-In is a more suitable product placement than Olive Garden.

Anyway, not believe this, until I see it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Product placement is seldom about suitability its just who is willing to pay.

LumpyFudge

2 points · 10 hours ago

Are there robots in this?

level 2

Shreksdonkey57

1 point · 1 hour ago

he has drones that can track and shoot. Also has a larger tank like one that they have a large action scene on the way to SF

Shreksdonkey57

3 points · 1 hour ago

Kids ate up the comedy scenes and lighter themed stuff. They didn't take themselves too seriously with it and it shows. Not a bad thing either. It's light hearted and full of scenes to keep you interested. Funny part with seeing the unfinished was the action scenes. There's a scene where sonic gets out of Tom's Tacoma and goes to close the door. You see the sonic.jpg moving to close the door and the guy in the blacked out skin costume move to close the door and then sit still like his life depended on it lol

Shreksdonkey57

2 points · 1 hour ago

sonic creates an Earth bucket list after Tom agrees to help him get his rings back. Sonic sneaks off while Tom makes a phone call in a backwoods gas station. Sonic creates a ruckus and then bar fight ensues. Big bald dude gets tossed through a window then again by doc after they catch up to the last known sighting of sonic.

reedemerofsouls

1 point · 1 hour ago

If you had to compare it to a movie you've seen before, which one would you compare it to?

A lot of people referenced Alvin and the chipmunks or the smurfs, was it like that?

level 4

Shreksdonkey57

2 points · 1 hour ago

Id say it is more TMNT with reference to story and action balance. It's a solid mix between engaging action which continues to develop the bromance between sonic and Tom

level 5

reedemerofsouls

1 point · 1 hour ago

You mean the first of the new ones right? I mean not that this is the be all end all but it has a 22% on RT. Most of us would not call that encouraging if it's that quality.

If you just mean in terms of what they're aiming for, then that seems better.

level 6

Shreksdonkey57

2 points · 1 hour ago

Its definitely being targeted towards youth demo. It seems their goal is to intro sonic to the next Gen of fans. More so with access to their parents wallets for spin off merch and happy meal toys. I enjoyed it similar to seeing transformers. Don't expect the green mile storytelling but turn your brain off and just enjoy for what it is. The cast does a great job

Shreksdonkey57

2 points · 1 hour ago

So with what was asked and the unfinished cgi. I can only assume they make some changes to his look. From the small scene I saw with "final" is he is more of less the ones that were leaked earlier this week. No clue on the Nikes as his shoes were just the generic red ones.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really can’t believe anyone is eating this up.

People, we have had leaks in the past four years alone where there was near perfect proof of it being real, the leaker going to huge extents to ensure it sounds believable, see the Rayman leak for Smash 4 or even the Grinch leak for Ultimate, where details were added to make it sound authentic.

Not only do we have no trailer for the film as of yet, but these details are extremely generic ones you can make based off the cast listing alone, and guessing Eggman’s labcoat colour doesn’t make it “real”. On top of that, I highly doubt there wouldn’t be non-disclosure agreements for a test screening of this movie, especially with the leaks that’s already flying around and the huge backlash already hitting the movie, do you really think Paramount would be so careless to now let the entirety of the movie plot leak out without so much as a NDA?

Not to mention the movie plot sounds downright awful from the details mentioned, but that’s neither here nor there.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1

Italian restaurant looking to sponsor Mario's biggest rival?

FAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Lol

The real cherry on this shit-show of a movie would be if this leak turned out to be 100% real.

• My Emmerdoods 1

The only thing that made me initially sorta believe is that it's different from the usual attitude towards The movie, if I made a rumor it'd probably be "Yes it sucks badly as you expected and here's why". But I still don't believe it, because he made an account specifically to post that, it's just too convenient. But I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like that, like an origin story, and they eventually become like the games. And I did say I don't think the designs we've seen are final, we do know the Alvin look alike one (the most recent one) could be the test footage from Brazil. Probably.

What I believe about the rumor, which seems convincing anyway, is that the CGI is not finished, which is why we haven't seen anything 100% real and official. I'm assuming he will look like the art style guide which was the least horrible one, but please I pray it's not The human Sonic model " leaked".

• Thumbs Up 1

LSMark_

1 point · 31 minutes ago

Hey, I've got a short list, It'd be cool if you could answer them;

1 - How do Sonic and Tom meet? Is it a case where they immediately become friends or do they hate each other at first and slowly grow a bond?

2 - Around how long was the movie?

3 - Were there actual stakes or did it not take itself seriously at all?

Thanks.

level 2

Shreksdonkey57

1 point · 5 minutes ago

Tom has racoon problems in his trash. When he sees sonic face to face for the first time. He tranqs him and puts him in a cage. Robotnik shows up and they escape and Tom begrudgingly agrees to help. His main concern is moving to SF to prove to himself that he can handle real cop crime and not Montana small world problems. You see it early on for character dev. 2. Movie was like 90 or so. Didn't start and stop on time due to QA after. Didn't have phone either to really see. 3. There were stakes and it balanced between a fam adventure and action movie

22 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

But I still don't believe it, because he made an account specifically to post that, it's just too convenient

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

Take a look at this....

Captain Marvel is now allowing reviews and audiences are spamming negative reviews for it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_marvel

Wrong topic

16 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Exactly.

Wrong topic

Well the same could happen for this movie...

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

already hitting the movie, do you really think Paramount would be so careless to now let the entirety of the movie plot leak out without so much as a NDA?

Especially letting young children see it this early, since they’re kids. They’re gonna spill the beans to people since they’ll likely not actually know or care about a NDA. This just seems like a situation I can’t see paramount putting themselves in.

like this guy can keep posting answers to people’s questions, but this guys story and “I swear I’m telling the truth, but you don’t have to believe me” attitude just comes off generic and predictable. Doesn’t matter if this guy had a negative view or positive one. Nothing presented credibilizes him or his claims, and the fact people are getting their hopes up in that thread despite years of bs leaks being debunked, is kinda baffling

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

Well the same could happen for this movie...

Somehow I doubt that the same problems revolving around Captain Marvel right now will even remotely be a factor with Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Captain Marvel has been targeted because of its lead. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Unless having a blue hedgehog as your lead is now classed under "those dang SJWs ruining our movies by casting... not-men", then the only negative user score will be because it deserves it.

Well If the movie dips it's toes into a political message. Hopefully it's handled cleverly. 

3 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

They'll make a "Blue Lives Matter" joke and it'll the most glorious trainwreck in cinema history.

I am going to die of embarrassment in the theater chair.

• Chuckle 3

Ok, I ask him two more questions. I asked him about the unnamed girl played by Tika Sumpter and if they used a car to get to SF. Here are his responses.:

Spoiler

She plays Tom's wife.  The girl's name is Annie. She's a vet and since she was known to Sonic, when he watched them  from afar as being kind to animals. He felt he could trust both Tom and Annie.

I actually did speculate that the girl is a veterinarian on this thread, a while ago.

Spoiler

He say that they used Tom's Tacoma. The truck get its roof chopped off by Robotnik's drones and leads to a conflict between Sonic and Tom.:

I think this is the truck he is talking about.:

v1wtfpwya6m11.jpg

With how new his account was and how he started posting only days ago, much less how vague and generic he was with his description, I'm definitely on team fake for this one.

Might as well archive this just incase.

level 1

SonicCuriosity

2 points · 1 hour ago

At what point in the movie does the town come together to help the sheriff save sonic?

level 2

[deleted]

1 point · 41 minutes ago

the fight scene ends up back in Montana via the rings and they somewhat help by getting robotniks attention. Sonic then super electro charges and knocks doc into a ring which sends him to another planet and they technically win for now

I dunno, some of the things mentioned in that so called leak sound completely stupid, making it hard for me to believe it. But if it ends up being true, well...uh, damn. 8[

• Thumbs Up 1