Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Gangsters Paradise is on Page 380)

22 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

But I still don't believe it, because he made an account specifically to post that, it's just too convenient

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

Take a look at this....

Captain Marvel is now allowing reviews and audiences are spamming negative reviews for it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captain_marvel

Wrong topic

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

already hitting the movie, do you really think Paramount would be so careless to now let the entirety of the movie plot leak out without so much as a NDA?

Especially letting young children see it this early, since they’re kids. They’re gonna spill the beans to people since they’ll likely not actually know or care about a NDA. This just seems like a situation I can’t see paramount putting themselves in.

like this guy can keep posting answers to people’s questions, but this guys story and “I swear I’m telling the truth, but you don’t have to believe me” attitude just comes off generic and predictable. Doesn’t matter if this guy had a negative view or positive one. Nothing presented credibilizes him or his claims, and the fact people are getting their hopes up in that thread despite years of bs leaks being debunked, is kinda baffling

40 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Captain Marvel has been targeted because of its lead. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Unless having a blue hedgehog as your lead is now classed under "those dang SJWs ruining our movies by casting... not-men", then the only negative user score will be because it deserves it.

Well If the movie dips it's toes into a political message. Hopefully it's handled cleverly. 

Ok, I ask him two more questions. I asked him about the unnamed girl played by Tika Sumpter and if they used a car to get to SF. Here are his responses.:

Spoiler

She plays Tom's wife.  The girl's name is Annie. She's a vet and since she was known to Sonic, when he watched them  from afar as being kind to animals. He felt he could trust both Tom and Annie.

I actually did speculate that the girl is a veterinarian on this thread, a while ago.

Spoiler

He say that they used Tom's Tacoma. The truck get its roof chopped off by Robotnik's drones and leads to a conflict between Sonic and Tom.:

I think this is the truck he is talking about.:

v1wtfpwya6m11.jpg

With how new his account was and how he started posting only days ago, much less how vague and generic he was with his description, I'm definitely on team fake for this one.

Might as well archive this just incase.

level 1

SonicCuriosity

2 points · 1 hour ago

At what point in the movie does the town come together to help the sheriff save sonic?

level 2

[deleted]

1 point · 41 minutes ago

the fight scene ends up back in Montana via the rings and they somewhat help by getting robotniks attention. Sonic then super electro charges and knocks doc into a ring which sends him to another planet and they technically win for now

The designs are apparently not final. This would explain a lot of things:

1. The feedback post. Are they actually willing to listen to fans?

2. The CGI not being finished right now as the rumor said.

3. Strategic leaks to gain feedback? Not sure about this one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1104103437334126592

The designs are not final because the full body one Is an artistic render and the running one is an old one from when the movie was first pitched. 

Sonic will end up looking pretty close to the full body render. The poster is the final render and the promo art from the merch gives us a good idea of the final design. Complete with white hands 

15 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

The designs are apparently not final. This would explain a lot of things:

1. The feedback post. Are they actually willing to listen to fans?

2. The CGI not being finished right now as the rumor said.

3. Strategic leaks to gain feedback? Not sure about this one.

How many times do we have to go over this?

No, they aren't changing the design. It would cost too much money to do so, and already has destroyed consumer interest by upsetting a lot of people, including the original creators. You don't just do that for the sake of feedback, not at this point, and not by the point you've got a movie out in a few months and a supposed finished cut of it. Beyond minor alterations, it would cost too much money. If you want to use the feedback card, you should be showing concept art and such long before the point they did.

Secondly, the CGI not being finished is 95% likely true. That however isn't proof of the leak being real, and not proof of a design change. It's called a workprint, and it's an unfinished cut of a movie where the editing has been done but the effects, and CG are not. Every movie has this, and a lot of them are likely used for test screenings. With knowledge of workprints, you can use that to bullshit another detail to make your "leak" sound authentic as the one key thing of a workprint is that CGI is never completed, and the effects work is bare minimum. It's also through workprints that many big name movies have been leaked and pirated in the past 20 years before the official release - such as X-Men Origins Wolverine and Star Wars Episode 3.

Key example:

I got a response back from this leaker after reaching out to them.

There is no solid proof that the leaker could provide.

Please take this leak as a rumour, not as fact.

EDIT: The account has now been deleted, too. This rumour ends here, and we must wait for the official trailer to get the truth. Please understand.