Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

45 minutes ago, Myst said:

Joker is premiering its trailer at CinemaCon today, and will release it publicly tomorrow.. So I wonder if the Sonic movie will do the same thing. Privately show a teaser Thursday, have it go public the following morning?

I could see that happening, but I don't know. They did show some footage of Bumblebee at last year's CinemaCon. They didn't give a trailer out until June.

On 3/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, MrPolynomialX said:

Unrelated, but I believe the same studio doing the animation for this movie are working on this for netflix.

On 3/22/2019 at 3:21 AM, Jack the Shadow said:

Off topic but I started watching this, Tim Miller is also involved. It's dark noir but a bit like Deadpool in the sense that it's splatter, there's a lot of violence and dark humor, and is an Anthology series like Black Mirror, in the sense that each episode is a disconnected story. Recommended to all adults here.

Funny, you guys mentioned this. I discovered the fact that Roger, the current voice actor of Sonic actually did voice an character in that show.

Also, unrelated, here’s Roger doing motion capture.:

So we should definitely get a teaser trailer at CinemaCon right? WB released one for Joker today, which is coming in October this year, and it seems we’re expecting something tomorrow for Sonic. Oh boy..! 

What's to get excited for?

We aren't going to see jack squat for ourselves and in the end all the hearsay isn't going to mean much - even if it comes from reliable sources - because 99% of the stuff we care about are things that we can only judge with our own two eyes.

This guy think we finally going to get the trailer this month.:

To be honest, I think we are only going to get a description of the footage, instead of a trailer. Last year, they did show Bumblebee there, but give only the description of the footage to the public instead.

I don’t know we are going to get a trailer, after the day they show it there. But, hey, the Joker trailer was shown to the public today, after the day it was shown there. If not, then maybe they will show it in front of Avengers Endgame, just like that guy in the tweet say. Hopefully, we won’t have to wait any longer.

• Thumbs Up 3

The less a studio shows of a movie the more you know they must assume it's going to fail. Have some faith just show us Something. Anything! A leg moving....sonic twerking....flossing... anything

• Thumbs Up 1

While a trailer would be nice I'd honestly be happy at this point with an officially marketed synopsis of the movie with a poster showing Sonic, Tom, and Dr. Robotnik (boy it's funny how much I prefer Eggman) front and center so we have an idea of what we will be getting into with whatever trailers release between now and the movie's release in November. Sure a combination of Poster and trailer would probably be best, but as is right now just seeing anything of what they want to sell me since the silhouette back in December would be an improvement at this point.

On an unrelated note, and not to rile up the defender's of this movie any more than they are, but a status by @Failinhearts hearts used a word perfectly summed up for me everything wrong with this movie. It's a Sonic movie, but there is all of no "devotion" to the Sonic IP. For all of the skill, passion, and history involved with the movie production team, that lack of IP devotion is what paints to me more than anything else that they have no faith in the IP. Sure they have faith in their movie and faith and recognition by the masses of the brand name, but that lack of devotion reinforces my feelings that they have no faith in Sonic being marketable or sellable. From what I can tell they are banking on people recognizing the name to check out what they are selling and then buying into their vision for the IP to make their money. Maybe it'll work considering now where talking business and market research (a phrase that to me speaks of discarded creativity to follow the money trail) which has been Hollywood's fallback forever when they try new things. Of course their market research is usually based in a skewed historical relevancy that limits any ability to look outside of their rather antiquated box at this point.

Anyway though, with that thought out of the way back to waiting for a trailer or character design reveal. Whichever comes first.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

To be honest, I think we are only going to get a description of the footage, instead of a trailer. Last year, they did show Bumblebee there, but give only the description of the footage to the public instead.

I don’t know we are going to get a trailer, after the day they show it there. But, hey, the Joker trailer was shown to the public today, after the day it was shown there. If not, then maybe they will show it in front of Avengers Endgame, just like that guy in the tweet say. Hopefully, we won’t have to wait any longer.

That post actually changed my perspective now (I didn't think of it like that). Maybe Endgame is when we'll getting the trailer.

6 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Releasing this movie's trailer to the public, which includes Sonic fans and children who might become Sonic fans, is likely to be more effective than just showing it to a bunch of standard adult insiders who have no necessary attachment to Sonic.  Exactly how effective will depend on how much stuff from Sonic gets in, and I have little reason to believe much will, but I still think that Sonic fans will at least react more strongly to this than indifferent audiences will.

6 hours ago, Meta77 said:

.sonic twerking

raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

I wouldn't even put it past them either.

On the subject of trailers, I have my doubts about it being cancelled or shoved to Netflix.  Too much time and money have been spent for that.  But promoting may not be the studio's biggest priority when they have several other movies releasing this year that will be a stronger marketing point.  Basically we'll get it when we get it.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

33 minutes ago, Tara said:

raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

I wouldn't even put it past them either.

On the subject of trailers, I have my doubts about it being cancelled or shoved to Netflix.  Too much time and money have been spent for that.  But promoting may not be the studio's biggest priority when they have several other movies releasing this year that will be a stronger marketing point.  Basically we'll get it when we get it.

It's a tentpole release. What will they tell all the license holders who made merch, deals and tie-ins to promote this movie? "Lol sorry we going 2 NetFlix" 

It's not happening 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

It's a tentpole release. What will they tell all the license holders who made merch, deals and tie-ins to promote this movie? "Lol sorry we going 2 NetFlix" 

Admittedly, I'm not TOO acquainted with how the toy industry works in regards to movie tie ins, but I'm thinking the companies that make them are commissioned.  Meaning that even if the movie doesn't get made, they already have the money of whomever commissioned them.  Granted, it's also possible that proceeds of the movie go towards paying that commission, but in either case, neither company are by any stretch in financial despair so I don't think they'll have a problem with that.

I just don't think it will be cancelled or go to Netflix because we have no reason to believe it yet.  Just because they're currently being a lot more hush hush about it than we would like them to be doesn't even entail a troubled development.  Just that they're marketing strategy may not be particularly aligned with us in mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys they're not even being that "hush hush" or quietly suspicious about this movie. Hell it's actually SURPRISING that we even got posters of the film a year before it comes out. It is completely normal for us to only have the information we have currently about the movie. We hardly knew anything about Detective Pikachu either until the trailer, other than who was working on it and a few set images (sounds familiar doesn't it?) we got a poster of that movie which was literally just a logo 3 months before the trailer came too.

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Hell it's actually SURPRISING that we even got posters of the film a year before it comes out.

Isn't it slated for a November release?  And we got the images in like... late January?  Early February?  That's not really a year before it comes out.

I do agree nonetheless that this isn't an abnormal silence, though.  By "more hush hush than we would like them to be" I mean, not constantly spilling information/having information accidentally leaked out on a near constant basis.  Being slightly facetious in my wording.

16 minutes ago, Tara said:

Isn't it slated for a November release?  And we got the images in like... late January?  Early February?  That's not really a year before it comes out.

I do agree nonetheless that this isn't an abnormal silence, though.  By "more hush hush than we would like them to be" I mean, not constantly spilling information/having information accidentally leaked out on a near constant basis.  Being slightly facetious in my wording.

I was talking about the motion poster and the legs poster which came out around November or December. The only stuff that wasn't leaked.

16 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

I was talking about the motion poster and the legs poster which came out around November or December. The only stuff that wasn't leaked.

Oh, was is really that early?  Sorry, I for some reason was under the impression that those were still relatively recent things.  Days have just sort of blended together when it comes to this movie for me, lol.

TBH, I think more people will see this movie if it's on Netflix, especially little kids. It's less money for the studio, but let's face it... It will moooost likely flop at the box office. If I were them, I would totally get this on Netflix instead.

Also, they better not dare to put a trailer for this crap in my perfect Avengers. I would purposely arrive late just to miss it. Actually no. It would be like a stand-up comedian opening the show for the Aerosmith or, IDK, Guns. You may laugh, but that's not why you paid the ticket and you'll quickly forget about it.

9 minutes ago, Jango said:

Also, they better not dare to put a trailer for this crap in my perfect Avengers. I would purposely arrive late just to miss it. Actually no. It would be like a stand-up comedian opening the show for the Aerosmith or, IDK, Guns. You may laugh, but that's not why you paid the ticket and you'll quickly forget about it.

'perfect' Avengers, lol.

Infinity War was the single most overrated movie of the past decade. 

Spoilers: Captain Marvel defeats Thanos with one punch thanks to the magical power of feminism. All the male Avengers bow down and worship her as a goddess, erecting a statue in her honor. All the dead Avengers from Inifinty War magically come back to life, bringing everything back to the status quo, rendering all of the events of Infinity War an utter waste of time.

The End. 

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Myst said:

Spoilers: Captain Marvel defeats Thanos with one punch thanks to the magical power of feminism. All the male Avengers bow down and worship her as a goddess, erecting a statue in her honor.

That sounds way better than anything that will actually happen in Endgame.

Also yes, congrats, the deaths that happened because of reality warping magic rocks will be undone. I'm pretty ambivalent to the MCU personally but, c'mon.

I could actually see them putting it on Netflix. It'd be pretty smart, even as far as Sonic fans who insist they're not going to go see this film there's probably a number of them that would think to themselves 'you know what it's not like I'm going to see this in a theater or pay for a DVD/BD, why not?'

• Thumbs Up 5

56 minutes ago, Jango said:

Oh my god it’s a fucking trailer, not a short attached to the actual film or something lol. are we seriously gonna complain and rage because a trailer for a bad film is shown off before Avengers? That’s like common. Half the previews shown before any film are usually bad cringe looking. And I’m saying this as someone that doesn’t have much faith in the Sonic movie. If it’s gonna sour your experience watching avengers...wow

Hmm!! 

Hey? "the Sonic team is in Vegas." You mean...the movie team (Miller, Fowler, Marsden, etc.) is in Vegas ready for presentation?

I can sense something... Maybe not. Maybe I'm overthinking...

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Spoilers: Captain Marvel defeats Thanos with one punch thanks to the magical power of feminism. All the male Avengers bow down and worship her as a goddess, erecting a statue in her honor

i hope this happens in sonic