Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

https://screenrant.com/sonic-hedgehog-movie-cinemacon-footage-details/

Good, detailed write up from Screenrant. Looks like the CGI wasn't finished in the trailers which is probably why they haven't put it online yet. And I say trailers... It sounds like one trailer followed by a couple of Robotnik scenes. I doubt we'll see the Robotnik stuff any time soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Dr Ryan said:

https://screenrant.com/sonic-hedgehog-movie-cinemacon-footage-details/

Good, detailed write up from Screenrant. Looks like the CGI wasn't finished in the trailers which is probably why they haven't put it online yet. And I say trailers... It sounds like one trailer followed by a couple of Robotnik scenes. I doubt we'll see the Robotnik stuff any time soon.

That's a shame; I really was looking forward to seeing Robotnik break into dance.

Edit: Also, would anyone else really like it if he trilled his Rs?

The first Sonic the Hedgehog movie footage was unveiled by Paramount during their CinemaCon presentation, where the studio also brought out members of the cast, including Marsden, Schwartz, Sumpter and Carrey. Paramount previewed the Sonic trailer, which begins with Marsden's Tom sitting on the side of a country road with a speedometer when Sonic zooms past. The trailer cuts to a first-person shot of Sonic running, then back to a chase sequence as Tom follows Sonic, finally catching up to him in a shed. Sonic tells Tom he needs to save the planet, and the trailer further features futuristic (potentially) alien ships. The trailer also includes Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise" as a musical cue and plenty of wisecracks from Sonic, including a joke about taking 9,000 steps in a day.

The second clip focused more heavily on Carrey's Dr. Robotnik, which was shown briefly at the end of the initial trailer with the giant mustache that's part of the character's game design. In the second clip, Robotnik attends a meeting of military personnel at the Pentagon to discuss a power surge in the Pacific Northwest, facing off against a general played by Neal McDonough. Robotnik is also shown with Marsden's Tom, then there's a sequence of him dancing and Carrey demonstrating his slapstick comedy skills. Though in much of the footage Carrey has a full head of hair along with the handlebar mustache, there is a brief shot in this second clip where he's depicted with a bald head standing in a post-apocalyptic setting.

• Thumbs Up 4

25 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Eh, you could say most people haven't read a Marvel/DC comic, or watched a Star Wars movie, or played a Mario game. You can learn of things through word of mouth. The majority of the seven billion people on planet Earth don't have to have experienced something firsthand for it to be recognizable.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Hide contents

The first 

Sonic the Hedgehog movie footage was unveiled by Paramount during their CinemaCon presentation, where the studio also brought out members of the cast, including Marsden, Schwartz, Sumpter and Carrey. Paramount previewed the Sonic trailer, which begins with Marsden's Tom sitting on the side of a country road with a speedometer when Sonic zooms past. The trailer cuts to a first-person shot of Sonic running, then back to a chase sequence as Tom follows Sonic, finally catching up to him in a shed. Sonic tells Tom he needs to save the planet, and the trailer further features futuristic (potentially) alien ships. The trailer also includes Coolio's "Gangsta's Paradise" as a musical cue and plenty of wisecracks from Sonic, including a joke about taking 9,000 steps in a day.

The second clip focused more heavily on Carrey's Dr. Robotnik, which was shown briefly at the end of the initial trailer with the giant mustache that's part of the character's game design. In the second clip, Robotnik attends a meeting of military personnel at the Pentagon to discuss a power surge in the Pacific Northwest, facing off against a general played by Neal McDonough. Robotnik is also shown with Marsden's Tom, then there's a sequence of him dancing and Carrey demonstrating his slapstick comedy skills. Though in much of the footage Carrey has a full head of hair along with the handlebar mustache, there is a brief shot in this second clip where he's depicted with a bald head standing in a post-apocalyptic setting.

Hide contents

All of this sounds AMAZING!!! I can't wait to see it!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

I'm kinda used to the design. I don't think it's that bad. You know, since, the day I saw the news of the movie started development with Sony few years ago, I was expecting this to be a kinda decent action packing movie. I never expect this to be a Oscar-worthy movie. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Forget sonic twerking get ready for eggman twerking action. OH baby!

But jokes aside did anyone say a trailer was dropping today. I might has misread that.

8 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Forget sonic twerking get ready for eggman twerking action. OH baby!

But jokes aside did anyone say a trailer was dropping today. I might has misread that.

Well, one of the actors, Tika Sumpter say that the trailer will be out soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I fully expect Sonic to have a dance number to whatever the trendiest song is on the director's iPod.

Alien ships??? What is happening in this movie?!? This is probably the full cut of the movie Tails was talking 

Just now, Heckboy said:

It's gonna be totally wild! The Sonic the Hedgehog film is sure to feature a ton of badass and epic action sequences involving alien ships and robots (that look like robots from the epic Transformers films, which made a lot of money at the box office). 

I legitimately can't tell if this is in earnest 

1 minute ago, Indigo Rush said:

Yeah I edited it to make it more clear, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

It's not

Where do the aliens factor into the movie? Has Robotnik found a way into Sonic's planet? It sounds like Robotnik ends up on Mobius

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic being an alien? Isn't that one of the concepts for the origin of Bay Turtles' in pre-production? And throwing Transformer-ish robots in too.

All this is sounding like Michael Bay's Film Table Scraps the Movie (feat. Sonic the Hedgehog).

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic being an alien was always going to be the obvious choice. He was an alien in Sonic X too 

• Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Sonic is an alien, apparently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Basically the Two Worlds thing, except with no mystical element whatsoever.  Interested in all those alien ships, though.

• Fist Bump 1