Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Other movies come out and get promoted at Cinemacon: *official page doesn't make a post on Twitter about Cinemacon*

Fans: that's fine

Sonic gets promoted at Cinemacon: *official page doesn't make a post about Cinemacon*

Fans: suspicious

I don't know if you've been paying attention, but the Sonic movie's circumstances aren't exactly like any other. Remember that 4 or so year drought from when it was announced to when Paramount picked it up?

26 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

I don't know if you've been paying attention, but the Sonic movie's circumstances aren't exactly like any other. Remember that 4 or so year drought from when it was announced to when Paramount picked it up?

Yes. When it was also announced that Tim Miller was joining. And I wouldn't necessarily say it's bad news that Paramount picked it up. Sony was not (and somewhat still isn't) in the greatest position. It's blessing that the movie was swapped to Paramount. Considering the constant delays and lack of news we got when Sony WAS developing it, I'm a lot more satisfied with the amount news we get now. Again, I don't think any of the "lack of information" people are complaining about is bad. It is normal to have this amount of information on a movie at this time, and it's also not necessarily unnatural for a page for a movie to not mention Cinemacon.

Just now, Gamecuber64 said:

Yes. When it was also announced that Tim Miller was joining. And I wouldn't necessarily say it's bad news that Paramount picked it up. Sony was not (and somewhat still isn't) in the greatest position. It's blessing that the movie was swapped to Paramount. Considering the constant delays and lack of news we got when Sony WAS developing it, I'm a lot more satisfied with the amount news we get now. Again, I don't think any of the "lack of information" people are complaining about is bad. It is normal to have this amount of information on a movie at this time.

Paramount picking it up being bad was not my point nor was it a point I think anyone else here was making. What IS strange, however, is that we get 4 years of radio silence, it's picked up and shit starts happening, then the Twitter posts one meme and hasn't made a peep since. Social media like Marvel, Star Wars, DC, etc. are all far more active, even when you consider something like Episode 9 still has reshoots to do and doesn't come out until December.

• Too Many Rings 1

2 hours ago, DreamSaturn said:

Social media like Marvel, Star Wars, DC, etc. are all far more active, even when you consider something like Episode 9 still has reshoots to do and doesn't come out until December.

I mean those are way bigger franchises too.

Not news really. I found this old Sonic video that seem to predicted the song in the movie. The uploader mentioned that there will be an live action Sonic movie based on his video, which actually become true. BTW, this video is 12 years old.:

2uod95J.png

Important part highlighted for emphasis.

They didn't predict anything - it was just a complete fluke that someone happened to make an AMV out of the song, noticed just recently that an official movie used it and modified one of their original comments to reflect it, presumably as a joke. Honestly I'm not sure why we're even discussing this. Even if it were true, it would still be at best a lucky guess substantiated by absolutely nothing.

3 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

2uod95J.png

Important part highlighted for emphasis.

They didn't predict anything - it was just a complete fluke that someone happened to make an AMV out of the song, noticed just recently that an official movie used it and modified one of their original comments to reflect it, presumably as a joke. Honestly I'm not sure why we're even discussing this. Even if it were true, it would still be at best a lucky guess substantiated by absolutely nothing.

Oh, ok. It’s probably a lucky guess anyway.

my headcanon is that the kid who made this AMV went on to edit the trailer for the film

• Chuckle 5

On 4/6/2019 at 9:10 AM, PeterPancake said:

Sonic has a lair with old shoes in the trailer

Can't wait to see how many shoe brands they can squeeze into that scene.

I admit I wanted the movie to be completely nuts as it is part of the fun, so the descriptions are weird but somehow, they kind of please me. Though it's not necessarily good, I'm sure everyone has got a different opinion on how they would like the movie to be.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/sonic-movie-will-have-edgy-elements-jim-carrey-tea/1100-6466085/

Speaking to IMDB from the CinemaCon event recently, Jim Carrey--who plays the evil doctor Robotnik--said the film will have an edge to it while still overall appealing to families.

"We're playing to families, so you can't get too crazy," Carrey said. "But I made sure that there are some winks and nods, and edgy things that are still acceptable to both age groups."

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

Has anyone who has seen the trailers confirmed what Sonic looks like, for example does he have gloves or is his hand fur white?

I'd like to know if he is actually wearing Nikes.

51 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

Has anyone who has seen the trailers confirmed what Sonic looks like, for example does he have gloves or is his hand fur white?

He looks like he does in the style guide.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Demondeano18 said:

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Here comes some deaths I guess

ShreksDonkey already confirmed at least one death.  

49 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

ShreksDonkey already confirmed at least one death.  

Who

9 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Who

The reddit user that did an AMA about a test screening.

level 2
[deleted]
5 points · 1 month ago

There was death early on and that could be it as he is then on his own on Earth. Was hard to get emotionally attached as the animation wasn't done so kept the immersion at bay a bit.

2 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

The reddit user that did an AMA about a test screening.

That implies there was death on Sonic's home planet.... Sounds like the Great War.

I have a feeling we're getting a Bumblebee-style intro on his home planet before he's sent to Earth 

I'm still really curious as to what everyone else during the test screening thought. Remember that guy on Twitter who said most people who saw the screening enjoyed it and posted their thoughts online? Where are those people that posted? Where are those Facebook groups? I really want to hear multiple perspectives. That guy on Reddit who talked about the screening didn't seem like the most in depth film critic/viewer. Someone should ask this guy:

https://www.twitter.com/davidpockets90/status/1089898428627410944