Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

4 hours ago, MrPolynomialX said:

There are some things I know about this movie that you guys don't...

That's totally not going to grab everyone's attention. Did you see a test screening? Did you work on the film? Is this movie actually a funny action buddy-cop film that general audiences will enjoy and cool Easter eggs for fans?

4 hours ago, MrPolynomialX said:

I really want to say something...

I am just tired of you guys comparing this movie to bad ones, like Venom for example.

DM me please. I need to know if possible 

6 hours ago, MrPolynomialX said:

I am just tired of you guys comparing this movie to bad ones, like Venom for example.

Venom found its niche. Critics hated it, audiences seemed to like it. That should be a nice comparison, since this film is getting bad publicity every minute.

• Too Many Rings 1

30 minutes ago, The Tenth Doctor said:

Venom found its niche. Critics hated it, audiences seemed to like it. That should be a nice comparison, since this film is getting bad publicity every minute.

No it's not. The trailer was received mostly positive. The loudest complaints are about the design which do no make or break a movie -_-

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

No it's not. The trailer was received mostly positive. The loudest complaints are about the design which do no make or break a movie -_-

The most positive things we've heard so far are how it's not the worst thing ever, and when you consider how bad things can get with Sonic, that's not an especially high bar of quality.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, MrPolynomialX said:

Myself and about 3 other members have defended this movie from the core. If you know anything then please share. 

I've spoken to a guy on Twitter that claims to have "insider info".

Of course, with no source to his claims, I'm calling bullshit.

4 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

DM me please. I need to know if possible 

It's your choice obviously, but aren't you risking ruining this movie for yourself if you know too much? You seem to be looking forward to it as much as me. I avoided most of that Reddit AMA and still think I've partially spoiled it already by knowing too much going in lol.

I know not everyone thinks this way though. I like to be surprised!

8 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Being surprised isn't worth the effort.

There's no way of knowing that yet. And anyone going in with that attitude isn't really giving it a fair shot.

1 hour ago, DreamSaturn said:

The most positive things we've heard so far are how it's not the worst thing ever, and when you consider how bad things can get with Sonic, that's not an especially high bar of quality.

Lol this is pure nonsense. There is loads of positive feedback out there from people at the event. Mostly positive. Who, of anyone at the event, said negative things about it? I'm sure there was some, but I read loads of great things about it.

I'm obviously excluding Twitter dopes and cringy YouTubers who haven't seen the trailer yet, but still chat pure shite because for some reason negative videos are where the views are at (on any subject, not just Sonic).

18 minutes ago, Dr Ryan said:

There's no way of knowing that yet. And anyone going in with that attitude isn't really giving it a fair shot.

I'm speaking generally...

Knowing things ahead of time pretty much does nothing. Obviously values differ.

36 minutes ago, Dr Ryan said:

Lol this is pure nonsense. There is loads of positive feedback out there from people at the event. Mostly positive. Who, of anyone at the event, said negative things about it? I'm sure there was some, but I read loads of great things about it.

I'm obviously excluding Twitter dopes and cringy YouTubers who haven't seen the trailer yet, but still chat pure shite because for some reason negative videos are where the views are at (on any subject, not just Sonic).

Is there now? You and I are clearly looking at very different feedback, then.

• Thumbs Up 3

The only major people that seemed to have reacted "negatively" was SlashFilm, and I'm not just talking about the article. They made a video podcast discussing what they saw at Cinemacon. But they were kind of two faced about it. They said the first trailer didn't look great, but also not THAT bad (while also saying at the same time that it looks terrible, and complaining that Schwartz sounds like he's trying to be Ryan Reynolds), but that the 2nd trailer with Robotnick was too slapsticky and weird. Kept heavily comparing it to Detective Pikachu too.

IGN I guess implied that they weren't satisfied, but the person who wrote, filmed, and that guy who performed it probably had nothing to do with the person who reacted at Cinemacon. You never know.

Otherwise, everyone else seemed to enjoyed it.

5 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

It's your choice obviously, but aren't you risking ruining this movie for yourself if you know too much? You seem to be looking forward to it as much as me. I avoided most of that Reddit AMA and still think I've partially spoiled it already by knowing too much going in lol.

I know not everyone thinks this way though. I like to be surprised!

Spoilers are okay with me, Haha. I read the Reddit stuff and I think this movie sounds really great. I always spoil movies for myself, Endgame right now is the only time I've actively avoided spoilers 

So, I talked about this a while ago. If the movie get released in China, do you think it might do well there? I don't think Sonic is well known there. However, he does have a bit of presence there like the Joypolis locations in Shanghai and Qingdao.:

Spoiler

150702125504682.jpg

sonictropicalresort.jpg

sonicstarrace.jpg

sonicadventurejump.jpg

shanghai-arcade-photo-story-5.jpg

shanghai-arcade-photo-story-6.jpg

shanghai-arcade-photo-story-4.jpg

shanghai-arcade-photo-story-3a.jpg

shanghai-arcade-photo-story-2.jpg

sonicchina2.jpg

Dr5TIJXX4AA2QmH.jpg

613f4573dcf4c7e4e8844bdbbe26a66e.png

Due to China having video game consoles banned before the release of Sonic 1, causing China to have missed most of Sonic's history, Sonic doesn't have the clout to make a large splash in China. He might find some success, but China hadn't even heard of the franchise until the console ban lifted a few years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably safe to say that the trailer will finally drop next month. They will probably show it before Detective Pikachu. Gemini Man which is another Paramount movie will have its trailer shown before Avengers Endgame. I don't think it's likely that they will show two trailers by the same studio before an movie starts. It's also possible that the trailer could drop in June or Sonic's Birthday which it is on June 23rd. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Going by how Paramount marketed Gemini Man with a trailer online Tuesday and that same trailer being attached to Endgame on Friday, I think they will do the same thing with Sonic. Trailer will release online tuesday of that week, and be attached to Pikachu on Friday.

So since Pikachu releases May 10th, then May 7th has got to be the day we get the trailer!

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

6 hours ago, Myst said:

Going by how Paramount marketed Gemini Man with a trailer online Tuesday and that same trailer being attached to Endgame on Friday, I think they will do the same thing with Sonic. Trailer will release online tuesday of that week, and be attached to Pikachu on Friday.

So since Pikachu releases May 10th, then May 7th has got to be the day we get the trailer!

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Good work! And bonus points for the Sunny image.

BUT a twist! Detective Pikachu releases in Japan next Friday on May 3rd... Could we see it this coming Tuesday instead?

BUT ALSO I just remembered Sonniku za Mubī comes out May 2020 in Japan so maybe not...?

In any event, it's gonna be imminent. Here's hoping that when we do get it, they've included some Eggman since Carrey got such a positive reaction at CinemaCon.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

35 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

More like "super generic evil scientist" character.

Don't you know? Much like gloves and socks, people being bald is just simply too unrealistic and silly for this film about a 3-foot tall bipedal hedgehog that runs fast and busts up robots.

I mean, come on, an older person not having hair? That would just be silly.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Promotion 1