Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

7 hours ago, Myst said:

Going by how Paramount marketed Gemini Man with a trailer online Tuesday and that same trailer being attached to Endgame on Friday, I think they will do the same thing with Sonic. Trailer will release online tuesday of that week, and be attached to Pikachu on Friday.

So since Pikachu releases May 10th, then May 7th has got to be the day we get the trailer!

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

If this become true, then we should expect an trailer to be rated and ready to be released and shown to the public. I guess this is good news, so we probably won't have to wait for the trailer that long anymore.

4 hours ago, Myst said:

4 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

That kinda looks like a Robot Chicken character 

2 hours ago, Tarnish said:

More like "super generic evil scientist" character.

1 hour ago, DreamSaturn said:

Don't you know? Much like gloves and socks, people being bald is just simply too unrealistic and silly for this film about a 3-foot tall bipedal hedgehog that runs fast and busts up robots.

I mean, come on, an older person not having hair? That would just be silly.

The sad thing is I actually really like that design.  It's expressive, functional, and neither over-nor-under-accessorized.  But shit; it sure isn't Robotnik, and even if I was to condescend to let this movie try to convince me that it should be more realistic and the game design won't cut it, it can't even uphold its own standard if it ends up using the game design in the final scene anyway.  That practically reeks of baiting a sequel hook to me; a hook many people may well not bite.

However, there is a tiny argument in its favor, I suppose: If they're targeting newcomers arguably the canon design doesn't scream "mad scientist" as much this does.  The canon design, and to an even further extent its earlier adaptations, plays a bit more on the would-be dictator side of the character.  Call the Carrey Robotnik design generic if you will, because it is, but if the character spends most of his origin story as a scientist employed by someone else, maybe this is okay as a gateway drug to a more game-accurate design.  Again, though, that's only a good thing on the assumption we get another movie that has a chance to be more faithful to the games; if this one is so badly received that we don't, then it will have been a huge wasted opportunity.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

It's expressive, functional, and neither over-nor-under-accessorized.

So, you like basically every evil scientist ever created.

generic-scientist.thumb.jpg.97957f5bc90b060f13f45f2ac4a88d2e.jpg

Crazy hair, labcoat, gogles and gloves..THE ORIGINALITY IS OFF THE CHART. Perfect way to sell a character that's supposed to be instantly recognizable.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Fist Bump 1

7 hours ago, DreamSaturn said:

Don't you know? Much like gloves and socks, people being bald is just simply too unrealistic and silly for this film about a 3-foot tall bipedal hedgehog that runs fast and busts up robots.

I mean, come on, an older person not having hair? That would just be silly.

Also, having a big round belly is unrealistic too. What is he? Santa Claus? PAH!

Thinking about it, Will Sasso would have been a good if not better choice for Eggman.

I love how I can't even see what you're all talking about because the mobile site picks old links to show instead of what's actually being linked.

On 4/8/2019 at 1:04 PM, Scritch the Cat said:

ShreksDonkey already confirmed at least one death.  

This got me thinking. What if the person who died is Tom's partner who is likely played by Adam Pally (Iron Man 3 and Making History)? Collider confirmed that Adam will played an fellow cop. So, I assume he will be his partner and an minor character. I had an feeling that he probably is the one who will be killed off.

Pally will play a fellow cop, while McDonough’s role remains under wraps.

http://collider.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-adam-pally-neal-mcdonough/

cqmo09qe6um11.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

"Next few weeks"

Best Case Scenario: Got something in this week
Worse Case Scenario: Got something 3 weeks from now (definition of "few"), or not getting anything again...

There's a few possibilities for this:

• We're getting a trailer like LITERALLY ON THE DAY of Endgame's OFFICIAL 100% FULL FILM release tommorow (probably not).

• We're getting a trailer next week.

• We're a trailer the same week as Detective Pikachu.

• We're getting TWO trailers. The Sonic and Robotnick ones (again, doubt it).

• We're getting a random trailer in the middle of May

And Maybe "stuff" means more than one thing. Like a movie tie in game trailer, and the film's trailer (again doubt it).

What ever is it the wait is fucking agonising haha. Proper poster and trailer would be awesome. I've dreamt of a Sonic movie since I was a kid back in the early 90's.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

9 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

What ever is it the wait is fucking agonising haha. Proper poster and trailer would be awesome. I've dreamt of a Sonic movie since I was a kid back in the early 90's.

Me too. I can't wait for the trailer. I feel like we don't have to wait too long for it to come.:

IdenticalDimAlaskankleekai-small.gif

• Chuckle 2

Guys. Patrick Casey is just one of the writers. He might not be in a position to know anything about the trailer. What he’s teasing could be anything.

45 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

If the trailer looks shit it'll get disliked.

Yeah. But there’s a difference between disliking a trailer and review bombing it over something dumb.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Yeah. But there’s a difference between disliking a trailer and review bombing it over something dumb.

I feel like there are some people just waiting for the trailer to come so they can hit the dislike button without even watching it. They don't want to give this thing a chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Blaming the haters already and coming up with a hypothetical situation where the trailer gets review bombed immediately definitely seems like it’s being done just to vindicate people’s own hype and feel secure in their view of the films potential to be honest. That way, if a majority of people dislike it, people can just go “yeah, those people are just blind haters, the film looks fine ”

• Thumbs Up 5

The fanbase is not big enough to review bomb shit in the grand scheme of things. It'll be fine. Most people will just watch it and either like or ignore.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Myst said:

I feel like there are some people just waiting for the trailer to come so they can hit the dislike button without even watching it. They don't want to give this thing a chance.

I know I'm definitely gonna smash that dislike button. And before anyone wants to jump at me, I gave this movie a chance. But with everything we know about it (live action/CGI mix, dumb origin story barely anyone asked for, another Sonic + human pairing we seen already multiple times, other Sonic characters thrown to the sideline), I can already tell I'm not gonna like the movie. A trailer won't change that. So that's gonna be a genuine dislike.

If I hate the concept, no amount of effort on the execution part can change that.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tarnish said:

I know I'm definitely gonna smash that dislike button. And before anyone wants to jump at me, I gave this movie a chance. But with everything we know about it (live action/CGI mix, dumb origin story barely anyone asked for, another Sonic + human pairing we seen already multiple times, other Sonic characters thrown to the sideline), I can already tell I'm not gonna like the movie. A trailer won't change that. So that's gonna be a genuine dislike.

If I hate the concept, no amount of effort on the execution part can change that.

You're entitled to your opinion. To be honest, I'm not that enthusiasatic about certain elements of the film (Sonic only, WHITE HANDS, lack of side characters, small town setting, skinny Robotnik) but I'm still excited to see Sonic on the big-screen for the first time.

And the haters should bear in mind that if they ever want a 'true' Sonic movie with Tails, Knuckles, Chaos Emeralds, etc. Or just a 100% animated Sonic movie like many of us wanted in the first place, then THIS movie needs to be a success, whether you like it or hate it with a passion. The studio needs to see that Sonic is a profitable investment.

Take the Smurfs movies. Fans HAAATED the first two films, but eventually a full CGI Smurfs film was made to appease the die-hard fans. (But that was only because the live-action movies were a financial success with kids so the studio was willing to take a chance on a reboot) If the Sonic movie bombs, NO studio will EVERRRRR want to touch the brand again. So you can kiss any chances of a game accurate CGI movie goodbye, or the potential of seeing characters like Tails, Knuckles, Amy or Shadow ever appear on the big-screen.

• Thumbs Up 1