Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I’m sure I read somewhere that he becomes more and more like the Eggman we know as the film goes on. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Eggman's design isn't as bad as I was expecting. At least he still has his red coat and goggles.

• Thumbs Up 5

I can't believe that we're making fun of a really bad cosplayer now. Come on guys, he'll get bet-oh, you're telling me that's official?

Oh. Oh dear.

• Chuckle 4
  • My Emmerdoods 1

"I don't hate the look.

But if you told me it was Eggman I'd have to say 'that's not Eggman'"

That's basically all I can say, I've tried to articulate it numerous times but I honestly can't think of any other way to describe it.

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

That looks a lot better than the way they were describing it. 

Trailer tomorrow???

I hope so... would be nice to get official confirmation from the official movie twitter. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

"I don't hate the look.

But if you told me it was Eggman I'd have to say 'that's not Eggman'"

That's basically all I can say, I've tried to articulate it numerous times but I honestly can't think of any other way to describe it.

Well, all that's missing is his weight

Just now, Rabid-Coot said:

Minimum effort.

That's this whole production in a nutshell.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

18 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

If I try really hard to find something I can see something that makes me think of Eggman, but otherwise no. Looks more like a villain from those really cheesy live action kids movies I use to see commercials for all the time back in the day.

Well yeah that's basically what this is.

Anyway it's...ok I guess. Not great but given the constraints of being live action and Jim Carrey it's...acceptable. Wouldn't have guessed it was Eggman if I didn't already know, but knowing it is...well I get a vaguely "Boom Eggman" vibe from it at least.

It clears the lowest bar, I guess.

Just now, PeterPancake said:

...and the bald head, and the glasses, and the red nose, and the wild mustache, and the yellow accents on his clothes, and we don't even know what's going on below the chest yet...

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

That and a few other things.

13 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that he becomes more and more like the Eggman we know as the film goes on. 

That's typical origin story stuff...is not surprising.

As long as it's not too on the nose, whatever.

7 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

"I don't hate the look.

But if you told me it was Eggman I'd have to say 'that's not Eggman'

Well, that’s because he’s not Eggman. He’s Robotnik.

Wow. I'd at least expect at a bare minimum that they'd give him a bald cap or shave his head or something, but even THAT was asking too much. Geeze. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Well yeah that's basically what this is.

Anyway it's...ok I guess. Not great but given the constraints of being live action and Jim Carrey it's...acceptable. Wouldn't have guessed it was Eggman if I didn't already know, but knowing it is...well I get a vaguely "Boom Eggman" vibe from it at least.

It clears the lowest bar, I guess.

...and the bald head, and the glasses, and the red nose, and the wild mustache, and the yellow accents on his clothes, and we don't even know what's going on below the chest yet...

He has the goggles. They were never going to give him a cartoon nose. He becomes bald and fat by the end of the movie. It's a gradual transformation 

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, that’s because he’s not Eggman. He’s Robotnik.

His grandfather was Robotonik...how old is Sonic?

The suit? Ehhh it needs the yellow buttons & silver lining on his arms. But I just know Carrey is going to deliver a fun performance so I can overlook that.

Also there's rumors he's bald and fat towards the end of the movie.

I'm so excited! I gotta dig that Sonic shirt out of my closet and buy some popcorn!

Just now, PeterPancake said:

He has the goggles. They were never going to give him a cartoon nose. He becomes bald and fat by the end of the movie. It's a gradual transformation 

Goggles aren't glasses. I'm not asking for a giant cartoon honker but it would've been pretty trivial to redden his nose a bit. And until and unless there's a good reason to not have him be bald from the start I'm going to call it out as a bad choice.

• Thumbs Up 3

Don't you know? Having bald and fat people just be bald and fat is just simply too unrealistic for this movie. I mean, come on, bald people? That's just too ridiculous.

About this movie about a 3-foot tall, bi-pedal hedgehog that destroys robots and is looking for magical Rings.

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess this is like he'll look like throughout the movie, but I have the feeling he'll change by the end of the movie.

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Goggles aren't glasses. I'm not asking for a giant cartoon honker but it would've been pretty trivial to redden his nose a bit. And until and unless there's a good reason to not have him be bald from the start I'm going to call it out as a bad choice.

I imagine we'll probably get a scene where Sonic destroys one of Eggman's drones, and in frustration he literally tears off his own hair.

Also Cinemacon attendees claim there's a scene with a bald, fat Eggman wearing glasses in what was described as a 'post-apocalyptic' setting.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Sonic Warrior said:

I guess this is like he'll look like throughout the movie, but I have the feeling he'll change by the end of the movie.

That’s reportedly the case.

• Thumbs Up 2