Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

47 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Wrong. See that is the thing about the sonic fandom that still to this day baffles me. Everyone assumes their opinions speak for everyone. A lot of people dislike this movie. We know that. Many from the start were set to hate it. Some like it, mostly on the FB page, many look forward to going to see it. And some just want to live in a paradise. That said its like both sides act as if their views are held by all. Im looking forward to it. But at the same time I am not going to say this movie is going to be great and everyone is going to like it.  Just like I would not say this movie is bad and i think everyone will hate it. If anything it could end up becoming a cult classic. ............................at best

Well, mostly a lot of people hate the movie. Yea, it’s true, that some may like it. I’m not trying to hate the movie, it’s just that the design look very awkward. I had some positive things to say about the movie. Jim Carrey look great as Eggman and the action look fun and exciting. The cast look great. I’m pretty sure it will be an fun decent movie to watch, despite the design backlash. 😊

The design is awkward.  Atm my friends want me to try to defend the movie on my yt channel so its going to be a dozy of a video.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:37 AM, CaptainRobo said:

Someone drew Amy and Vector in movie style. How would you feel about this, if these are real and if they were in the movie? I think these look great.

BTW, the artist who made these pictures is JoeAdok from DeviantArt.:

Hide contents

dd2oqq8-f8644566-7660-47f2-bb33-d76a7324678c.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2YxNmE3ZTBhLTM2ZjktNDNjYy05NDFmLTQzNDdhOWFlNjg5MFwvZGQyb3FxOC1mODY0NDU2Ni03NjYwLTQ3ZjItYmIzMy1kNzZhNzMyNDY3OGMucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.Aumi7JNGf9Zhr25HEeuyQP8mQbSSWByhuiF9jtDQa4Ebig_vector_by_joeadok_dd24r1n-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTExMyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2YxNmE3ZTBhLTM2ZjktNDNjYy05NDFmLTQzNDdhOWFlNjg5MFwvZGQyNHIxbi05ZmQ4MDQzOC1kOTVmLTRkYmQtYmU5Yy00NjFmNjFhNDhkM2YucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTgwMiJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.LTl2mL1i9ORrzQhz8RYByUqlHvnf-8EPQnI8ZaEt6x4

Source:

Amy

Vector

Amy looks like a bad baby doll, while Vector is either almost So Bad It's Good or like a TMNT 2012 character.

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

This is so much better.:

I actually kinda love this! He just needs some tight gloves and I'd be happy with it. Not everybody will agree... but no joke I honestly like it as it fixes most of my problems with the design. It might be bit more cartoony but it still works good enough together in my mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this somewhat fits.

But I never expected, Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park/World) to get in on this too. Even though it's more of a joke.

• Chuckle 1

How can this go from bad to worse (or even more worse)?

Have Coolio claim Copyright Strikes on Youtubers who made reaction vids to the crappy trailer just because his song is in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/1/2019 at 11:29 PM, Dr. Detective Mike said:

definitely aren't pushed as hard as the Big the Cat memes on their official twitter.

Wait, there were Big memes on the Sonic twitter?

On 4/4/2019 at 2:47 PM, ShadowSJG said:

Yeah, sounds like a failure. Like, who wants  a breastfeed line in a Sonic movie?

Wait, wtf?

On 4/4/2019 at 2:55 PM, Gamecuber64 said:

Article is saying Robotnick is "painfully unfunny", yet everyone else on Twitter says he's hilarious.

That's kinda the gamble with humor--some will laugh, others will wanna get a move on.

Also, what's up with that spelling?

Now we need the movie tie-in game and it's all done with Sonic. Do you think Sega could do it?  😁

On 4/4/2019 at 11:58 PM, Meta77 said:

So are they going with sonic is an alien? Or is he just a furry creature. I wonder will super sonic be in it or if thats asking for WAY to much

He's generally been both.

Super Sonic is unlikely, though.

On 4/9/2019 at 12:26 AM, CaptainRobo said:

Disney. The answer is Disney.

On 4/26/2019 at 9:07 PM, Myst said:

If the Sonic movie bombs, NO studio will EVERRRRR want to touch the brand again. So you can kiss any chances of a game accurate CGI movie goodbye, or the potential of seeing characters like Tails, Knuckles, Amy or Shadow ever appear on the big-screen.

That's another thing we seriously fear.

On 4/29/2019 at 3:07 PM, MarioAmigosYT said:

To those who can't see the Twitter image:

Spoiler

GooGooind oint.

Hide contents

Spoiler

Robotnik_SonicMovie_Help.thumb.jpg.9f9c0a2309f409390e599b031aa63609.jpg

Oh... god damn...

EDIT: Opened a new page with this... god damn.

...Goodness....

On 4/29/2019 at 3:08 PM, Myst said:

iron_man_three_ver11.jpg

Heck, even War Machine has his mask off in that one. 

If Jim Carrey looked like Eggman in trailers with bald head and fatsuit, audiences probably wouldn't even know it was Jim Carrey playing the role. The studio wants to show off the film's star power. We will get game accurate Eggman later on.

Good point.

On 4/29/2019 at 3:18 PM, DreamSaturn said:

Eggman is already a pretty popular character from a pretty popular franchise. If you're going to tell me simply no one would recognize Carrey if you slapped a fatsuit/bald cap on him, then I think you vastly underestimate people.

Also a good point.

On 4/29/2019 at 3:41 PM, Splash the Otter said:

My therapist is a big fan of Iron Man. I'm pretty sure he would watch an Iron Man movie regardless of who played him.

That's cool.

Unfortunately, movies need a multitude of people to watch them in order to be sucessful.

Also, is he a fan of the movies or was he generally a Marvel fan?

On 4/29/2019 at 4:17 PM, StaticMania said:

Does he ever look terrible?

I'm sure someone can find something.

5 minutes ago, BlueFlare said:

Now we need the movie tie-in game and it's all done with Sonic. Do you think Sega would do it?  

At most I could see them doing a outsourced mobile tie-in game... Sonic Dash 3 AKA reskin version of Sonic Dash except with the movie designs. And personally I CAN"T see Sonic Team themselves bothering or being dense enough to put the time and effort into a spinoff movie tie-in game.

Here are some reactions of DreamcastGuy the guy who watched the trailer months ago before us.:

22 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Here are some reactions of DreamcastGuy the guy who watched the trailer months ago before us.:

Yup. The guy who had already seen most of the trailer a couple of times and said it looked good, but yesterday decided to jump on the bandwagon with a false shocked reaction video, again, despite already knowing exactly what the movie was like weeks (months?) ago. A bit embarrassing, innit.

(And now seems to be backpedaling again with his "It's so bad. I love it! reactions.)

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Everyone assumes their opinions speak for everyone.

This is so fucking ironic right here, I can’t tell if it’s intentional or not.

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

This is so much better.:

It reminds me of the live action smurf film, so still gets a no from me....that and the body still is horribly messed up looking 

44 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

That's cool.

Unfortunately, movies need a multitude of people to watch them in order to be sucessful.

No one really knew who Chadwick Bosman was when Black Panther came out(well there was civil war, but still for the most part) and he was still able to break records with his film. Most of the actors there were still really off the radar to most.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yuji Naka's reaction to the trailer. Translation on the bottom of the tweet. 

Also here is this and the creator of Gravity Falls response about the movie. I know I posted the lol response tweet by the official Detective Pikachu Twitter account before, but there was another response about the movie by them.:

2 hours ago, AdventChild said:

How can this go from bad to worse (or even more worse)?

Have Coolio claim Copyright Strikes on Youtubers who made reaction vids to the crappy trailer just because his song is in it.

ohhh god that thumbnail.

Sonic with lips is my new Ninja Turtles with noses, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvkG0S05R6g

This movie is from 2004 and looks miles better than the 2019 (!!) Sonic movie.

Let that sink in.

MV5BMjQ4NDQ4MDk3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzExcb6cdce131e02c1f188318a338831b31_thumb.jgarfield02.jpg

Bill-Murray-as-live-action-Garfield-2004

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone just made Shadow in movie style. Yea, I know they just paint Sonic with some black and red from one of the scenes seen in the trailer. What do you think?

tumblr_pqsfl8UMmy1u4i7hv_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

So I thought I'd collect my thoughts a bit. Almost everyone expected this film to be bad. It goes without saying really. This trailer is so odd though. Now this is coming from someone who rarely watches big blockbuster films, especially the superhero ones that this is trying to imitate, because they all look like the same generic tosh to me. And Sonic is absolutely no different here. It's the same jokes, the same character and story tropes, the same plot outline. It all looks so painfully generic. They took a look at what's popular in movies right now and put Sonic's name on it. Completely as it's own thing, this trailer looks no worse than any other film trailer to me. I have no guage by which to compare it. I can say with confidence that I don't like it, but I'll say that about most movie trailers of the action or action-comedy genre. They don't appeal to me. "Oh it's not my child in the bag, but yes it's a child" "he called you basic"... Urgh. Horrible.

Carrey is not playing Eggman. By almost no standard is that what Eggman is known to behave like. He's phoning in a very, very run-of-the-mill Carrey performance. He might be entertaining by its own merits, but the fact that he's so unlike his game counterpart is just another way that this film is clearly using the source material as loosely as possible. I'm confused about the scene at the end of the trailer. Is that a major spoiler for a moment at the end of the film? You know, like they often do in loose adaptations by having a call-back to the source material at the last second as some as sort of character- transformative moment, even though it wasn't the case for the entire rest of the film (see Lara Croft and her dual pistols in the latest film). The trailer really implies that the film will be more about Eggman than Sonic. 

Sonic himself looks bad.... Blah blah blah not worth talking about that. He was always going to. At least they made his shoes better? He acts kinda like Sonic as we know him? But not really. He's generic cocky hero, he's not "cool" or stylish. I don't know what happened to his voice. I actually expected to really like Schwartz' take on him, but the character design and his voice are totally incongruous. They don't match up at all. He sounds so deep, and not in a way that oozes attitude like Smith does in the games and Boom. Sonic seems like such a cookie-cutter hero character in this film. He's no example of literary excellence in the games either of course, but he does have unique quirks that I'm not getting here. 

Taking three stance of Sonic who's not a Sonic fan or not even familiar with the series at all, I can see some of the appeal of this film and why it was made. It's very obvious that it was made for a brand new audience by some soulless Hollywood executives, hoping to ring in some kids and play off nostalgia of the casual crowd (and maybe also cynically going after the "so bad it's good" crown). This film is a very considered and purposeful attempt to be exactly what it is. It's not the result of misjudgements. They know exactly what they're creating here.

Thanks for letting this happen, SEGA. I wonder how involved they really are? We know that members of SEGA don't like the design of Sonic, and also that Marza (SEGA's own animation studio) was originally supposed to be involved but have since backed out or been dropped.

• Thumbs Up 7

56 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

This movie is from 2004 and looks miles better than the 2019 (!!) Sonic movie.

Let that sink in.

Unleashed is still the best looking Sonic game (by a mile even)

Art Direction > Graphical Capabilities.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Unleashed is still the best looking Sonic game (by a mile even)

Art Direction > Graphical Capabilities.

True

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Sonicfan7 said:

Alex Hirsch better watch himself before he gets blocked by the writer, who clearly knows more about the character and source material than he does. 

That's a funnier joke than anything that will be in the movie.