Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

Not even for Sonic mania 2?

I think thats the thing that keeps me in, the small glimmer of hope that one day the blue blur will be great again

That's a possibility. I guess there's always a chance, but for now I'll let the chips fall where they may. It just isn't worth my time right now. Sonic may survive after this, but I feel my opinion in the grand scheme of things mean jack shit at my age.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

That's a possibility. I guess there's always a chance, but for now I'll let the chips fall where they may. It just isn't worth my time right now. Sonic may survive after this, but I feel my opinion in the grand scheme of things mean jack shit at my age.

Im 37 mate, fighting the good fight (with touch of insanity but meh)

• Thumbs Up 1

So as you guys know, the Sonic Movie director revealed that changes will be coming to Sonic's film design. But in order to meet the release date this is what's going to probably happen.

So basically it's going to be cramming months of work in a Way shorter amount of time. That's about the only way of meeting the release date.

Also, the trailer that was seen by the YouTuber DreamcastGuy (I apologize if I got the name wrong) who seen the trailer early. How many months back was that? As I'm curious.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

So as you guys know, the Sonic Movie director revealed that changes will be coming to Sonic's film design. But in order to meet the release date this is what's going to probably happen.

So basically it's going to be cramming months of work in a Way shorter amount of time. That's about the only way of meeting the release date.

Also, the trailer that was seen by the YouTuber DreamcastGuy (I apologize if I got the name wrong) who seen the trailer early. How many months back was that? As I'm curious.

Oh jesus.... Crunching fuck no.

Stupid viacom for not pushing it back!!!!!!!!

Sorry this shit pisses me off, Viacom should hire more animators at least

10 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

but I feel my opinion in the grand scheme of things mean jack shit at my age.

Hey, the clamor we were a part of just fostered this change.

The next guys who jump in to make a videogame and/or cartoon adaptation are gonna remember this. Probably wont stop them from doing something stupid - but we've changed the world for the better.

Our children will thank us lol

They should've thought about that before they approved that crap. Cancel it, delay it I dont care. They just need to fix it period. And shame on Sega for letting them go this far.  :c

Stop replying to StopNitpicking, everyone. He's been dealt with so there's no reason to continue replying to his posts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Remynaka said:

They should've thought about that before they approved that crap. Cancel it, delay it I dont care. They just need to fix it period. And shame on Sega for letting them go this far.  :c

SEGA had no say in this.  That's the unfortunate truth.

What really boggles my mind is how Sega is super strict with Sonic on all other media, especially the comics: Sonic can't cry, Sonic can't lose, we can't see anyone's family, no romantic relationships whatsoever,  all that shit. So the million dollar question is, where the hell where they for this movie? Did the contracts demand they just fuck off?

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, DreamSaturn said:

What really boggles my mind is how Sega is super strict with Sonic on all other media, especially the comics: Sonic can't cry, Sonic can't lose, we can't see anyone's family, no romantic relationships whatsoever,  all that shit. So the million dollar question is, where the hell where they for this movie? Did the contracts demand they just fuck off?

I dont get it either, pity too

2 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

From what I understand, once you sign off the rights like this, you don't get much say.  That's the reason why (Not using this example for the normal reason it is) that Marvel had little say on the Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic 4 movies. It's unfortunate, and you can see some sense of distaste in his creators and SEGA bigwigs. 

1 minute ago, DreamSaturn said:

I have no proof of what their contract is, i'm not privy to what it says. Disclaimer.

However depending when the contract was made ( considering naka's statement's on it it could have been QUITE some time ago ) that was often the case. A good example is the Dragon Ball evolution movie. Where akira Toriyama came to help the crew with the film, and he was basically ignored. And Now with sony and spiderman, where while yes marvel can use spiderman sony can do whatever the fuck they want with everything else involved with spider man good or bad. You often have to negotiate to get more control, maybe they didn't. Maybe what they had with sony was different with paramount I have no clue. But its not uncommon.

Another example, Scott Cawthon five nights and freddies creator talked about how he could have signed off on some film he had little to no involvement with years ago to make some money, he preferred to have more control so he had to find a studio who would let him be apart of that process and let him in on the deal

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

Probably, yeah. Paramount bought the movie rights 

• Thumbs Up 4

Off topic slightly, but if you like the shoes he wore, here's a link: https://us.puma.com/en/us/pd/speed-500-mens-running-shoes/192253.html?dwvar_192253_color=Puma Black-Puma White#&gid=1&pid=1

They only have them in black and white now, but they're supposed to start getting red and white in November (And these ones I may actually be able to afford at that point, and I may need new shoes by that point 😉 )  Anyways, if you like it there you go. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

The Japanese Sonic Movie Twitter Account had been set up.:

Also, here is a Japanese version of one of the posters.:

D5mQE0yX4AAePxD.jpg:large

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Stop replying to StopNitpicking, everyone. He's been dealt with so there's no reason to continue replying to his posts.

I'm not going to say it again.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I'm not going to say it again.

Didn't check the other page before replying. Things happen so quick on here.

This movie's making everything chaotic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yuji Naka seem happy about the recent news.:

Translation: The power of sonic fans is amazing. It is good to go in a good direction. Thank you so much for loving Sonic.

The design of the movie "Sonic the Movie" has changed. Production side breaks down | AUTOMATON

Also, here is Hirokazu’s response.:

Tika’s response:

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I remember yuji for in the last decade for was one of the reasons 06s came out the way it did by leaving  surprised. Does he even work on sonic anymore or is he still at the company he made.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

The only thing I remember yuji for in the last decade for was one of the reasons 06s came out the way it did by leaving  surprised. Does he even work on sonic anymore or is he still at the company he made.

He's at Square Enix, currently, the most recent game he was attached to was Rodea the Sky Soldier if I remember correctly.