Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Call me pessimistic (and a little annoyed at what just happened) but if these tweets are anything to go by, should this just be a scheme to quell the internet outrage, it would seem to be working. At least a little bit. Nothing will ever fully make this okay.

Plus, to echo the sentiment to the animators and their families, I really don't want people wasting their time trying to fix this thing. No one should be faced with the potential risk of burnout when it comes to working on this trash. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I’m honestly a bit surprised that people are positively reacting to the notion that these animators possibly may have to go under extensive crunch periods to make adjustment. Especially when the actual movie itself still looks bad. Seems like a waste of time and money in the long run

7 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

The best case scenario is that if they make him look like this.

D5bbv5oXsAELDym?format=jpg&name=medium

That pic above is the change I personally hope they will make as I think that one looks good. It is much more like how Detective Pikachu is handling their designs by just taking the canon series designs and making them more realistic without changing much of the core design. The only other thing it needs is tight gloves to finish it off and I'd be fully fine with it. I think most people could live with those suggestions outside of people screaming it is impossible to fix it.

Of course the below would be cool too...

D5l3_92XsBUgXGN?format=jpg&name=900x900

But that would be a far more drastic complete model change. So I don't think it is worth seriously asking for something they won't do... And to be perfectly honest my opinion is it does not need to go that far anyways. However if they were willing to do it, then yeah I would agree it would be the most safe bet to go for.

• Thumbs Up 3

People were waiting to see their concerns become validated. Once it was announced the design would change, then boom, everyone leapt on that. I’d rather wait and see something changed first, I’m tired of empty words.

• Thumbs Up 5

12 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Oh geez. That statement really is working. Now people are making videos about it. Angry Joe just put out a video titled "WE DID IT! Sonic Movie Will be Fixed! -Epic Win!"

Like... maybe slow down.

Maybe think about this a bit more before jumping the gun on believing that "Mister Live-Action Sonic Movie Director" is not only telling the truth but is going to initiate changes that'll satisfy what people want. 

Joe literally says "celebrate" and "now that Sonic looks like Sonic."

Nothing's happened yet. Seriously.

Yeah, people are way too easy forgive on this and are just jumping to conclusions.

I doubt they'll change barely anything. My guess is they're gonna change his arms from blue to beige and call that a fix.

For me, even if they by some miracle reverted to a proper game design/model Sonic (which they won't), I still wouldn't care. Changing the model is like putting a bandage on the Titanic. I still couldn't care less for the setting, the plot or any of the other characters. It would take scrapping this movie and the entire "live action & CGI" concept to take me back to the "Okay, I'm listening" phase.

I would honestly not be surprised if they made the entire movie with normal sonic and knew people would complain about him looking out of place, so they made a few fake scenes with the abomination we see in the trailers, everyone hates that instead, then they say 'we'll change it' and at this point the fans will settle for anything so when they show the actual movie everyone will love it. Its a master plan.

• Chuckle 3

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

the animators aren't the ones who deserve the overtime

I wonder if there are any animators who knew how Sonic's supposed to look like, and we're like "What the hell am I working on here?".

Absolutely devastated by the re-design. This was the Sonic for the MOVIE. People needed to accept that. Now I fear the movie will be delayed significantly. Just a real damn shame if you ask me. 

• Chuckle 1

Just because the design is for the movie doesn't mean it's above criticism. People were right to take issue with the uncanny and creepy human mouth, beady eyes, and overall awkwardness of his proportions.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

I’m honestly a bit surprised that people are positively reacting to the notion that these animators possibly may have to go under extensive crunch periods to make adjustment. Especially when the actual movie itself still looks bad. Seems like a waste of time and money in the long run

They probably don't understand just how much work that would be, especially if it isn't delayed. Not like this stuff is commonly known, some think it's as easy as copy/pasting a model.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Absolutely devastated by the re-design. This was the Sonic for the MOVIE. People needed to accept that. Now I fear the movie will be delayed significantly. Just a real damn shame if you ask me. 

Nobody needs to accept shit if it looks like shit to them. 

@Razule Yeah it likely is just in the moment ignorance, but still, I’d figure guys like angryjoe would have a more level headed response vs “CELEBRATE EVERYONE” and big time writers and animators going “congratulations Sonic movie team on the decision!”

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Not all change is inherently good, it being Movie Sonic doesn't make it not terrifying.

• Thumbs Up 5

9 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

This sounds awfully similar to the "It was their vision, so how dare anybody criticize it!" kind of reasoning, ignoring the fact crappy visions and ideas exist.

• Thumbs Up 5

Jeff Fowler has made the right call here. Nearly half a million down votes on YouTube and most probably an intervention from Sega too. They’ve responded quickly and are gonna change it. 

Though , how fast can something like this be realistically changed in time. I don’t know anything about the timeframe for CG effects but I understand it can be a slog. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

Jeff Fowler has made the right call here. Nearly half a million down votes on YouTube and most probably an intervention from Sega too. They’ve responded quickly and are gonna change it. 

Though , how fast can something like this be realistically changed in time. I don’t know anything about the timeframe for CG effects but I understand it can be a slog. 

The movie is getting delayed. No question in my mind. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, CaptainRobo said:

Is that something movie related? That look very creepy.

1 minute ago, CaptainRobo said:

Is that something movie related? That look very creepy.

I believe so. 

Found this funny and wondered if anyone else noticed:

6897.PNG.adc379f23dccad0d95f1243534fc4bdd.PNGRelated image

He became that which he mocked! :O

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Sonic Boom's story editor's response.:

Also, this is kinda accurate of what is happening right now. Pretty sad, isn't it?:

45 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:
Sonic Boom's story editor's response.:

Obviously the only real problem with the design is the lack of toilet pa...sorry, sports tape.

14 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I'll believe that Paramount is committed to making a good Sonic film and not a soulless cash-grab when I see the proof. 

You mean...they aren't already?

Ya know, even for how negative it is, I do wish people wouldn't make such a stink about the design now. At this point even if they "fix" it, what would that really do for the movie as a whole?

I saw this and I bursted out laughing. :lol:

D5heR_EWkAAgu9r.png

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5
  • My Emmerdoods 2