Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Gangsters Paradise is on Page 380)

26 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

maybe it'll succeed at endearing Sonic himself to children

Or it'll earn pity points from people. "Poor Sonic, not only do his games suck ass these days, he can't even catch a break with a movie...I'll throw a few bucks his way."

So, I'm using spoiler tags for this, but maybe… IDK, the second test screening AMA ties into the first one, could be very well done research if it's fake, anyway, let's give it the benefit of the doubt:

Spoiler

- Sonic is cute, like in the Chris Pratt poster. WHAT, it would support the theories that Paramount wanted to create buzz with a shitty model, but it makes no sense, the AMA guy also admits he looks like a gremlin in the trailer.

- He only played a couple of Genesis games so he wouldn't get all the references, like City Escape, there is no mention of it apparently, unlike in the other AMA.

Edit: He did say there is a big chase and battle in the city.

- Green Hill Zone remix, Starlight Zone remix (apparently?), Sonic's theme remix, and various '90s sounds, rings sounds and hit sounds.

- Sonic gets gloves during the  movie, again… WHAT, also learns a better spin dash when he gets his iconic shoes… I repeat, is this for real?

- He didn't like the human world and drama, but it sets up for a franchise, with the next movie taking place MORE in Sonic's world.

- Apparently there is a mention of other animals in Sonic's world.

- Sonic starts off as pretty shy and insecure, gets more snarky and confident as the movie goes on, especially towards Robotnik.

- It's a comedy adventure, rather than an epic action movie. It's a bit cheesy, but it's aware of what it's trying to be.

- Classic Jim Carrey performance, funny and arrogant. So it's… good?

- Compared it to Who framed Roger Rabbit and Ted. Definitely sees the Rocket Raccoon similarities.

- Like in the other AMA, he said he really enjoyed it, it's for kids and teens but there are jokes for older people.

5 hours ago, herefor1reason said:

I'm thinking about the possibility that the trailer design was a PR stunt (highly doubt it) and, if it was, how fucking successful it was at getting people talking and thinking about this movie. Like, I've seen redesign after redesign after redesign. I mean, this thread is 430 pages long so far. People are talking SO much about this movie...most of what they're saying is negative but still, word of mouth and curiosity can do a lot for a movie like this.

Like, I don't think that's what's happening but if it was, damn. This thing was on colbert. It's been in tons of news outlets. People with..uh...DIFFERENT tastes would likely see it purely on the scale of the discussion being had. Just think about how many shitty trailers of decent movies we'll start to get if this one was a PR stunt.

It wasn't a PR stunt. People need to stop believing this nonsense. It wouldn't be some insanely brilliant move to purposely make everyone think your movie is terrible.

32 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Not that there was any reason to doubt, but the trailer is indeed getting laughed at/groaned at in theaters:

This entire thing is a disaster. 

Hey, it made people laugh one way or another. That's a victory, right?

12 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

And the Sonic the Hedgehog move trailer making people laugh is...is just so wholesome.

Too bad there was nothing going on in the trailer people are supposed to be laughing at, so there's that.

So, is Tim Miller going to be blame for this? He was the one who make the decision to make an realistic Sonic.:

This is sad, because he is the guy that directed Deadpool which was a good film and also directed Terminator: Dark Fate, which sounds promising. BTW, that movie is coming out the same month as the Sonic movie.

38 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

"They're" not lauging with the movie or because its funny.

I know, but it still makes me happy anyway.

Hearing too many laugh tracks has made me appreciate real group laughter much much more than normal.

1 hour ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

There not lauging with the movie or because its funny.

There lauging at it because it doesn't look good. 

I almost feel bad, its like the movie is being bullied. 

At least Sonic is finally getting mainstream recognition, right guys

2 hours ago, DreamSaturn said:

Remember when Sonic Mania came out and Sonic was finally getting mainstream attention for a good reason for a change?

...Can that happen again? Anything to distract from the depressing reality of this movie?

There's Team Sonic Racing...tho I wouldn't blame you for not caring about that game.

2 hours ago, DreamSaturn said:

Remember when Sonic Mania came out and Sonic was finally getting mainstream attention for a good reason for a change?

...Can that happen again? Anything to distract from the depressing reality of this movie?

I dunno, got gods phone number? 😛

35 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

There's Team Sonic Racing...tho I wouldn't blame you for not caring about that game.

And the IDW comic. Again, won’t blame you for not caring, though to a lesser extent. 

So the movie is a complete disaster because two or three people in a theater somewhere didn't like it? We're going to ignore all the positive test screening reactions? The 360K likes on YouTube? 111K likes on twitter?

Judging a movie by its trailer is the same thing as judging a book by its cover.

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Judging a movie by its trailer is the same thing as judging a book by its cover.

Judging a movie by it's trailer is like judging any piece of media by promos and teasers.

Judging a movie by it's Poster is the same thing as judging a book by its cover.

And that's like...forgetting that movies come in cases with boxart, so there's that.

This movie will flop

This movie is the first time Sonic is as much as a laughing stock as Bubsy. Seriously, who actually thought this design was good? Everyone hates it.

Also, this movie has every hated cliche done with adaptations. Why?