Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

22 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

We may never know the truth, although I did found this interview back from 2005 (if it is legit): http://cube.gamespy.com/articles/654/654735p1.html

GameSpy: Out of all the characters currently in the Sonic story, why did you choose to focus on Shadow for a new game?

Naka When we took a look at which Sonic characters were popular among fans, Shadow was ranked right behind Sonic. We've also wanted to do a "gun action" game for a while now, and he seemed to be the best fit for that idea. He and Sonic have a very different identity, after all. Finally, as we've been building the Sonic brand, we've had ideas of doing a spin-off series, so perhaps that's what Shadow will lead to.

GameSpy: Many people were initially surprised to see Shadow with a weapon, which is unusual for the Sonic series. Why did you decide to give Shadow the ability to bear arms?

Naka Well, there have been some shooting sequences in the Sonic Adventure games before, but they've been more "stand-and-shoot" style bits. We really wanted to challenge ourselves and do a high-speed gun action game. We decided that Shadow would be the perfect venue by which to try our hand at this genre.

(Well, Shadow definitely didn't lead to a spin-off series..)

But I'd definitely play a spinoff based on the Eggrobos and E-Series!

So, this was in the official Puma website. I wonder if this had something to do with the movie?

D8f38ybVsAAZHLa.png

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, this was in the official Puma website. I wonder if this had something to do with the movie?

D8f38ybVsAAZHLa.png

Most likely; the Sonic logo on the right is a disfigured version of the original made to resemble Movie Sonic.

4 minutes ago, Azeon said:

Most likely; the Sonic logo on the right is a disfigured version of the original made to resemble Movie Sonic.

That’s from the Sonic X logo.

4 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Yeah, okay. It's a disfigured version of the Sonic X logo then.

image.thumb.png.1ee8bb4d72431796fec19d5d51beb0e4.png

Much like the movie's plot is a disfigured adaptation of Sonic X.

• Thumbs Up 4

I’m a noob to YouTube but about just over a month ago, when the new Sonic Movie trailer was released into the wild of the internet, I decided to make my first ever video featuring me in it and gave my thoughts on the movie trailer itself. Obviously the design was the biggest flaws, but I could see other good and also other slightly bad in the movie. Obviously these are just my own personal opinions, but check out my video below and tell me what you think? Do you agree or disagree with some topics I brought up?? 🤔

Excuse the audio mix, I was still getting use to the video software at the time. 🙂

13 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

D8f38ybVsAAZHLa.png

I mean in the trailer he was wearing puma shoes and people could even preorder them on the site when the trailer released.

Although now that the film is delayed, they'll prolly change the shoe design to an extent.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think the shoes will change they're an existing product, I saw a pair being worn a few weeks ago.

I see no reason for the shoes to change in the film. It's not really part of the "design" people were reacting to.

On 6/9/2019 at 10:27 AM, BaronGrackle said:

I see no reason for the shoes to change in the film. It's not really part of the "design" people were reacting to.

The shoes were still a part of the design which were reacted to negatively as there's no reason why they should look so different (and bland) from the original. It's just that the shoe design change didn't matter much because everything else about Sonic's movie redesign is a lot worse.

On 6/9/2019 at 4:47 AM, Rabid-Coot said:

I don't think the shoes will change they're an existing product, I saw a pair being worn a few weeks ago.

Really now?

Somebody hopped on that merch asatc, eh? 😏 

Did anyone see this fuck-ugly movie fan design that Yuki Naka shared earlier?

Where as the artist is clearly extremely talented at working with CG well...

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Vdkl5Z

Not sure if this is allowed on this thread as it's technically just fan work so please delete if I've committed a forum sin.

It's just shown me that the movie design could have been worse!

7 minutes ago, Dr Ryan said:

Have you seen the crap Penders churns out? Of course it could have been worse.

That being said, I did get a giggle out of the ribbed tracksuit being inspired by the Sega logo itself,. If your going to set out to make an abomination, might as well have fun with it lol.

17 minutes ago, Dr Ryan said:

Not sure if this is allowed on this thread as it's technically just fan work so please delete if I've committed a forum sin.

Why the hell does he look like one of those Na'vi things? They look ugly enough, never mind made into a Sonic.

• Chuckle 1

47 minutes ago, Dr Ryan said:

I was gonna make a joke, but then I realized it might be racist.

1 hour ago, Dr Ryan said:

I don't see how it shows anything other than that body texture being a really stupid design that doesn't make sense.

Hmm, what could this possibly mean?

Kinda a bit unrelated, Ben posted some pictures of him meeting Roger Craig Smith.

Also, here is Roger’s response.:

Hmm, what could this possibly mean?

What circulated over the weekend?

Kinda a bit unrelated, Ben posted some pictures of him meeting Roger Craig Smith.

Also, here is Roger’s response.:

Heh. Gotta appreciate little stuff like that.

On 6/9/2019 at 2:02 AM, shdowhunt60 said:

So I guess we know where Sonic's movie shoes come from I guess.

Well, is that a problem? I mean, people were/are angry for Sonic to have puma when he already wore real-life Soap shoes in SA1.

So, was there any "hate/dislike" for soap shoes instead of red sneakers? That there was a real-life ad in the game everybody loves? And aren't Sonic's shoes the generic looking ones? It's just red with a white strap and some buckle. The design was made simple for the game purpose and that works. And if Sonic is living on Earth for a few years at the beginning of the movie, and broke his original shoes, it makes sense he has to get some that fit him. So, he goes after human shoes since he no longer can access his old shops (if there are any ;-)). Also, it means he had grown up, so he can't use his old shoes anyway 😉 That means we may see him with his old shoes since there should be some flashback scene since Baby Sonic figure seems to be at work 🙂

9 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

Actually, I saw this too, and it seems some people really thought this is official. It kinda has everything Movie Sonic has and is hated for - small eyes, weird/creepy face, this one is actually wearing some sort of all-body-suit, the shoes aren't "iconic" (but the sole is pretty interesting, and the shoes are actually equipped with some "function"), the ears are human-placed and not exactly hedgehog-pointy, and the body is more to a human side.

Well, I can say I don't like it, but I don't hate it. However, the concept itself is nice. The more I look at it, the more I see it can work, but not probably as Sonic, but more like a different creature. Or it can pass as Sonic on a more realistic-humanoid side for a story that isn't for kids. So why not? After all, this is a static picture, and we know that hardly shows it in an action 😄  The author also wrote a blog entry about his design and choice. I think it represents any type of redesign, so everybody can learn from it a bit 😉 The author also realized Movie Sonic's design hardly deserves such hatred it got during his process.

TLDR: It may not be my cup of tea, but I can see this Sonic growing on me with time 😉

5 hours ago, DabigRG said:

I don't know, but I think it could be the picture mentioned above 😉

1 hour ago, Witto150 said:

😄😉The author also realized Movie Sonic's design hardly deserves such hatred it got during his process.

We're all wrong about something, sometimes.

3 hours ago, Witto150 said:

Well, is that a problem? I mean, people were/are angry for Sonic to have puma when he already wore real-life Soap shoes in SA1.

So, was there any "hate/dislike" for soap shoes instead of red sneakers? That there was a real-life ad in the game everybody loves? And aren't Sonic's shoes the generic looking ones? It's just red with a white strap and some buckle. The design was made simple for the game purpose and that works. And if Sonic is living on Earth for a few years at the beginning of the movie, and broke his original shoes, it makes sense he has to get some that fit him. So, he goes after human shoes since he no longer can access his old shops (if there are any ;-)). Also, it means he had grown up, so he can't use his old shoes anyway 😉 That means we may see him with his old shoes since there should be some flashback scene since Baby Sonic figure seems to be at work 🙂

Actually, I saw this too, and it seems some people really thought this is official. It kinda has everything Movie Sonic has and is hated for - small eyes, weird/creepy face, this one is actually wearing some sort of all-body-suit, the shoes aren't "iconic" (but the sole is pretty interesting, and the shoes are actually equipped with some "function"), the ears are human-placed and not exactly hedgehog-pointy, and the body is more to a human side.

Well, I can say I don't like it, but I don't hate it. However, the concept itself is nice. The more I look at it, the more I see it can work, but not probably as Sonic, but more like a different creature. Or it can pass as Sonic on a more realistic-humanoid side for a story that isn't for kids. So why not? After all, this is a static picture, and we know that hardly shows it in an action 😄  The author also wrote a blog entry about his design and choice. I think it represents any type of redesign, so everybody can learn from it a bit 😉 The author also realized Movie Sonic's design hardly deserves such hatred it got during his process.

TLDR: It may not be my cup of tea, but I can see this Sonic growing on me with time 😉

I don't know, but I think it could be the picture mentioned above 😉

It was the picture above. At least one news site reported that picture as the official change, and the article showed up in my Google feed.

22 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Heh. Gotta appreciate little stuff like that.

That fan redesign on the last page. That look would be well-suited to an R-rated adaptation aimed at adults 

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

That fan redesign on the last page. That look would be well-suited to an R-rated adaptation aimed at adults 

Oh, of course.

My brother actually sent me that, alongside a comment of just cancel the movie already.

• Chuckle 1