Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

6 hours ago, StaticMania said:

Does Paramount only want cash?

Is it true?

What about the poor animators? Does anyone care about them?

If they hadn't delayed the movie this would have been the competition releasing on the same day.

• Chuckle 1

9 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

What about the poor animators? Does anyone care about them?

It is a paid profession.

This movie has a better chance at box office now though. If it had released in November, Frozen 2 and potentially Terminator would have overshadowed it completely. Not only that but Star Wars is coming out the next month. There's like nothing coming out in February 2020 that people badly want to see, and because we're in an era where original ideas aren't as popular (unfortunately), and Sonic is an iconic character, I'd say more than likely it's going to do well in terms of people seeing it. At least for the month it's at schedule for.

I remember last February, Alita Battle Angel got overshadowed in the US because of movies like How To Train Your Dragon and The LEGO Movie 2 (which also didn't do well in box office, but was still doing better than Alita in the US). Sonic is probably going to overshadow everything else.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

February has Peter Rabbit 2 and Birds of Prey the week before Sonic, Kingsman prequel the same day as Sonic and Call of the Wild the week after. Its not as strong as the November competition was but it should be enough to bury Sonic.

10 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

February has Peter Rabbit 2 and Birds of Prey the week before Sonic, Kingsman prequel the same day as Sonic and Call of the Wild the week after. Its not as strong as the November competition was but it should be enough to bury Sonic.

I think Sonic will get pushed to March, I really do...

31 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Looking at March it would be between a Pixar film and live action Mulan.

EEEEEKKKKK!!!

2 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Looking at March it would be between a Pixar film and live action Mulan.

There's Godzilla vs. Kong too, I believe.

I'm sorry Sonic movie, but that's much more badass. 😎

9 minutes ago, Liars said:

There's Godzilla vs. Kong too, I believe.

I'm sorry Sonic movie, but that's much more badass. 😎

That might be getting delayed so I skipped the mention.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/22/2019 at 11:56 PM, Rabid-Coot said:

If they hadn't delayed the movie this would have been the competition releasing on the same day.

I'd rather watch that to be honest. For one, it's not a horrible clash of styles, it doesn't seem to have character designs that are nightmare fuels, and it's not a "video game movie that went in a horribly wrong direction despite all the potential". Seems like it could be an okay movie.

1 hour ago, Tarnish said:

I'd rather watch that to be honest. For one, it's not a horrible clash of styles, it doesn't seem to have character designs that are nightmare fuels, and it's not a "video game movie that went in a horribly wrong direction despite all the potential". Seems like it could be an okay movie.

Whoa, that actually looks kinda like a decent movie. The art style is pretty cute! I can dig it. Well the story itself seems fairly generic and forgettable, but at least it isn't the lame type of story the Sonic movie is doing... Hm how come I never heard about this movie before now? Did they run out of advertisement money? Hahaaha~

16 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Whoa, that actually looks kinda like a decent movie. The art style is pretty cute! I can dig it. Well the story itself seems fairly generic and forgettable, but at least it isn't the lame type of story the Sonic movie is doing... Hm how come I never heard about this movie before now? Did they run out of advertisement money? Hahaaha~

First time I heard about it too. At least finally something good has come out of this whole Sonic movie madness.

• Chuckle 1

On 6/23/2019 at 12:30 PM, Alexios31 said:

I think Sonic will get pushed to March, I really do...

Peter Rabbit II won’t be able to bury the film. Remember the backlash of the first? 

On 6/24/2019 at 3:53 PM, Miragnarok said:

Peter Rabbit II won’t be able to bury the film. Remember the backlash of the first? 

Actually it has a 62% on Rotten Tomatoes. It wasn't a great film, but it wasn't terribly bad either. I just think Sonic will beat Peter Rabbit II because it's something we've seen before now. People probably won't care about another sequel. Remember how bad The LEGO Movie 2 did in box office? Sonic is at least something we haven't seen on the big screen yet.

Yuji Naka’s response to the date change on the Bridge poster.:

Translation: "It seems like the date on the Sonic the Movie's poster was updated, but Sonic is unchanged. Maybe it's impossible to change the design after all. If they are for example only going to change his face but not his legs, it would make him unbalanced again. Since it costs money to print posters, they could have done it after they changed Sonic's design."

Maybe this is just temporary to remind people that the movie will be released next year.

19 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Maybe this is just temporary to remind people that the movie will be released next year.

Yeah, I also think so 🙂 I think only the new date was printed and glued over the old one 🙂 So the poster remained as nothing else needed to change at that time 😉

On 6/24/2019 at 8:53 AM, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Hm how come I never heard about this movie before now? Did they run out of advertisement money

They look like a small distributor that buys up things that bigger companies don't want and puts them out to make whatever money they can.

San Diego Comic-Con starts July 18.. I wonder if we'll get a reveal of Sonic's new look for the movie?

• Thumbs Up 2

They might bring out that Robotnik footage that was at that other covention if nothing else is ready. Also it might be con exclusive footage.

Supposed image from a supposed test screening of a shot that was from the trailer. Might be fake, and likely from prior to the redesign announcement if it is real. 

21 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Supposed image from a supposed test screening of a shot that was from the trailer. Might be fake, and likely from prior to the redesign announcement if it is real. 

This seem to be from an early test screening according to the leak. I don’t know this looks kinda edit. 

D-gBGkmXoAIo9C9?format=jpg&name=large

Why would Naka assume they’re reprinting the posters at all? Sonic’s face is not even on that poster. The studio doesn’t wanna spend money like that, especially just for legs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey remember that Owl storyboard leak? I found the original source for the image. It actually came before the Reddit AMA leak (the one that also mentioned the owl):

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/108515715/

They said it's going to be "a total shitshow" and that Carrey's performance isn't that great. However they haven't read the entire script or the finalized script. They also said there's a running gag throughout the film of Sonic tripping on his shoelaces. Not only that but apparently the DELAY/REDESIGN WAS PLANNED AHEAD OF TIME EVEN BEFORE THE TRAILER RELEASED, and they almost pushed it to January rather than February (when a film releases in January that usually means the film is bad, and the company knows it's bad, and it won't perform highly in box office).

I also found the original source for that test screening image leak. They said the movie is likely to be PG-13.

WARNING: THEY BRING UP A POTENTIAL MAJOR SPOILER:

https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/117462252/

No offense, and not to suck my own dick, but I'm surprised nobody looked into any of this. Again, that storyboard leak with the owl came before the Reddit AMA leak which basically confirmed its validity. These leaks weren't that hard to find either.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care, I'm still excited for this. This may be the only opportunity we have to see Sonic on the big screen. I'm going to totally geek out come February.

It is kinda funny how angry the internet has gotten over this though. It's a kids movie for pete's sake. If it sucks, it sucks. Big deal. Not like it would be the first bad movie geared towards children.

• Thumbs Up 2