Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

On 7/31/2019 at 3:11 AM, Palette said:

Normally, I'd be with you guys and doubt this person too 'cos of how vague it is out of context. But the thing is, this particular person didn't just pop out of nowhere like most "leakers". He has a pretty lengthy past in the fandom, and has talked about his position as "the guy who runs the Brazilian Sonic movie Facebook page" a good number of times. The dude was even the one who revealed the first image of Carrey's Robotnik in the film, as well as the release date of the first trailer. Unlike most other people who say stuff like "yea i work for *insert company here* and i got some Epic Leaks for y'all", the dude has proven himself to be actually legit in the past.

Admittedly I too am still a bit skeptical that something's coming this soon, again because of how kinda vague the post is, but considering this guy's past, I'm inclined to trust him on what he's saying about this.

Here. 

It’s not hard to read a page or two back in the thread. Not everything should be hand fed for you. 

You guys are not babies. 

5 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Here. 

It’s not hard to read a page or two back in the thread. Not everything should be hand fed for you. 

You guys are not babies. 

Its not hard to post a direct link to a specific piece of information when refering to it either.

Just now, Rabid-Coot said:

Its not hard to post a direct link to a specific piece of information when refering to it either.

Oh, so I’m to blame because other posters can’t look back a page or two...

Yep, makes sense!

11 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Here. 

You guys are not babies. 

Hey, there's no need to be a dick. You could've just provided a link when asked or told him where to look.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, SaturnWolf said:

Hey, there's no need to be a dick. You could've just provided a link when asked or told him where to look.

Oh maybe they can look back a page. Also I will be reporting you for cussing at me. There is no place to use profanity directed at other members. Shame on you. 

2 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Oh maybe they can look back a page. Also I will be reporting you for cussing at me. There is no place to use profanity directed at other members. Shame on you. 

Nobody cussed at you. I was telling you to tone it down because you're coming off as extremely rude and condescending.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, SaturnWolf said:

Nobody cussed at you. I was telling you to tone it down because you're coming off as extremely rude and condescending.

You called me a d**k. Thats cussing. 

Just now, Alexios31 said:

You called me a d**k. Thats cussing. 

Either you or I have a very warped idea of what cussing is. But that's besides the point.

There's absolutely no reason to take a rude and condescending tone when somebody asks for a source. Could he have looked back a page or two? Sure, maybe. But could you also just have shown him the link and not be a jerk about it? That is also true.

3 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Oh, so I’m to blame because other posters can’t look back a page or two...

Yep, makes sense!

Yes you are to blame, if you bring in we might be getting something today you put the link to what you read with the claim not some crap about digging through pages of posts and then through everything linked in those posts.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Yes you are to blame, if you bring in we might be getting something today you put the link to what you read with the claim not some crap about digging through pages of posts and then through everything linked in those posts.

How dare you. 

The information was a page back. I will not spoon feed people. Maybe that’s what you like to do, so do it then. 

10 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

I think what he meant was that generally speaking we could be getting something as soon as today, since the tweet from a few days ago suggested something was incoming. Even if he was mistaken, It's nothing to get worked up about. Chillax, brah.

• Thumbs Up 1

I looked at the link to his Tumblr and he's saying that Paramount typically releases trailers on a Tuesday or Thursday. Tommorow (Thursday) is when early screenings for Hobbs & Shaw start.

You'd think they release a trailer by Tuesday to get early attention if it was showing up during Hobbs & Shaw a few days beforehand (just like what they did with Detective Pikachu).

August is also 6 months before the film comes out (like we've established before, 6 months before a movie comes out is when a trailer for it releases). If it's not Hobbs & Shaw.............. I'm not gonna lie, maybe Dora?

So, Jim Carrey isn’t sure if the redesign will be an good thing or an bad thing. Here’s what he had say about the redesign.:

“I don’t know quite how I feel about the audience being in on the creation of it, while it’s happening,” Carrey, who stars as Doctor Robotnik in the upcoming film, said Friday during the Television Critics Association press tour. He was there to promote his Showtime series “Kidding.”

“We’ll have to see what that entails,” he continued. “Sometimes you find that the collective consciousness decides it wants something and then when it gets it, it goes, ‘OK, I don’t want it.'”

Source

Just read the Jim Carrey thing and to be fair it's just his opinion and he's probably spot on.

Here’s another one.:

Speaking at TCA panel for his Showtime series Kidding, Carrey questioned the notion of the audience being able to weigh in (and force change) while a project is still in production, acknowledging fans "had the sense of ownership" of the character because it is from their childhood. 

"Sometimes, you find the collective consciousness finds it wants something and then when it gets it: 'I just wanted it, I didn't care about it. I just jumped on the bandwagon,'" Carrey said. "Ownership of anything is going out the window for all of us."

Source

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, Jim Carrey isn’t sure if the redesign will be an good thing or an bad thing. Here’s what he had say about the redesign.:

“I don’t know quite how I feel about the audience being in on the creation of it, while it’s happening,” Carrey, who stars as Doctor Robotnik in the upcoming film, said Friday during the Television Critics Association press tour. He was there to promote his Showtime series “Kidding.”

“We’ll have to see what that entails,” he continued. “Sometimes you find that the collective consciousness decides it wants something and then when it gets it, it goes, ‘OK, I don’t want it.'”

Source

That is fairly true.

35 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Here’s another one.:

Speaking at TCA panel for his Showtime series Kidding, Carrey questioned the notion of the audience being able to weigh in (and force change) while a project is still in production, acknowledging fans "had the sense of ownership" of the character because it is from their childhood. 

"Sometimes, you find the collective consciousness finds it wants something and then when it gets it: 'I just wanted it, I didn't care about it. I just jumped on the bandwagon,'" Carrey said. "Ownership of anything is going out the window for all of us."

Source

Is he talking about himself at the end there or...?

He's right to a certain degree. Sometimes even when companies take constructive criticism, audiences are happy with it but then just completely ignore it once a problem is fixed, as if there's nothing to worry about anymore.

I usually don't agree with Carry a lot.

I think the guy is a great comedian, and I think he's an incredible artist, but whenever he makes an argument or a claim it's usually biased, anecdotal, or very centered around his ego to the point where he thinks he knows what he's talking about, but really he doesn't. Seperating the art from the artist, I don't really agree with what Carry says as a person. I think he'll be a great Robotnik.

Although I agree with him to a certain degree here (he's talking about art this time), if the design for Sonic, something that millions of people are diminishing, is changed (and looks better) I think audiences will recognize it, enjoy not only what they did, but also everything else being shown like its humor and action (because now people won't focus solely on how Sonic looks) and more people will want to see this film.

• Fist Bump 1

To be fair Jim Carrey has a point. But at the same time he isn't invested in the franchise at all (he clearly knows bugger all about it in the interviews lol). Where as I agree to an extent, that Sonic design was fucking awful and HAD TO change. I wish something similar had happened with the Michael Bay TMNT (although it was dead from day one as they ruined the origin story, at least it would have been more visually pleasing.)

Tommorow we will have about 192 days until the movie comes out. When the first trailer came out with its November date still occupied, we had about 192 days until the film's release. Paramount typically releases trailers on a Tuesday. The Angry Birds Movie 2 is another video game movie coming out soon.

New trailer tommorow????? Probably not but...

17 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Tommorow we will have about 192 days until the movie comes out. When the first trailer came out with its November date still occupied, we had about 192 days until the film's release. Paramount typically releases trailers on a Tuesday. The Angry Birds Movie 2 is another video game movie coming out soon.

New trailer tommorow????? Probably not but...

I'm assuming so. Trailer Track is saying no. That Brazilian guy was saying yes. Do Paramount have another big kids movie before Sonic? I would have thought at least a very short teaser tomorrow? They need to start advertising it again.