Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Gotta be fake. Not sure what kind of movie poster would focus on the character's crotch for the teaser image.

Well... I mean I'm sure there are plenty of 'movies' that do just that on their posters 😅

But not family movies about a CG hedgehog.

I think it's fake just because the set up and proportion of the picture is weird. What is that big tan thing supposed to be? His hand on his hip? Is his arm fat and attached to an odd section of his body? What's happening?

1 hour ago, Gamecuber64 said:

I think it's fake just because the set up and proportion of the picture is weird. What is that big tan thing supposed to be? His hand on his hip? Is his arm fat and attached to an odd section of his body? What's happening?

Yeah... I think I can identify cuts of meat. I'm hungry now. Let's catch this thing and cook it up.

Dibs on the right drumstick. 

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Thanks for sharing the link but, well... Lol these Tumblr guys have no idea do they? Alleged secondary descriptions from someone they spoke to who may have seen one potential design proposal? The eyes "may have been bigger" They've sat on this non-information and tried to hype it up like they have something? I don't think there's any credibility here.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Well, if this is true, then I think I should be ok if he look cartoonish and less human. I honestly don’t know why making the design like the one that we know in the games wouldn’t get the general audience interested. That’s really doesn’t make any sense. Anyway, going to take this with a grain of salt.

Hopefully, the redesign turned out to be good.

So, someone claimed that Tyson Hesse mentioned that he was involved in creating the Redesign Sonic at an event in Mexico. According to GamerStyleMX, they confirmed that he did say that.

Translation: During @Pixelatl Tyson Hesse (Sonic Mania / Shorts animator) helped redesign @SonicMovie for the @ParamountPics movie

BTW, the storyboard artist for the movie haven’t seen the redesign yet.

Well, we don't know how much Tyson was involved, but if he was given the proper creative freedom, I'm sure the design itself will look decent...in 2D art, anyway. But that unfortunately doesn't mean anything if the model itself is uncanny, creepy garbage like the last one.

15 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

One day we'll get a Sonic Movie but every frame is redrawn by a different artist edition.

It'll take 1 million years.

We'll wait.

Japanese TV spot with the updated release date of 2020. Not really any new footage here, except for one quick shot of Robotnik's truck as it rolls in, which has not been seen before.

On tuesday we will officially be 150 days from the film's release. Do you think we'll see something?

9 hours ago, Myst said:

On tuesday we will officially be 150 days from the film's release. Do you think we'll see something?

There's no significance to "150 days from the film's release". 

• Thumbs Up 5