Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Gangsters Paradise is on Page 380)

2 hours ago, batson said:

Dude, I was intentionally using the words that others use when describing the Sonic fanbase. They're the ones "wronly pairing" the fanbase with a real disorder, not me. Don't shoot the messenger.

EDIT: Though to be fair, I will admit I should have used quotation marks to make my intended usage of the phrase more clear.

As widespread as that reputation is, I wouldn't call it the biggest problem this series has.  While many series have unintended demographics that attain a sort of infamy, Sonic's problem is that it lacks a solid core lately, so inevitably the periphery is more noticeable. 

By the periphery, I don't just mean the really infamous stereotypes; I mean the people who make fangames and other fan projects, memes, articulate video essays and sometimes written essays about the series and sometimes how to fix it, and if you stretch, the official spin-off games and cartoons.  All of these tend to feed into each other, as with the Misery spoof in Sonic Boom satirizing the stereotypical annoying fans and the Sonic Twitter mentioning or sometimes even making memes.  This weirdness persists because the core game series is too incoherent and inconsequential to provide much to orbit.  Some things seem to have settled into being mainstays, such as (for better or worse) the Wisps, Cubot and Orbot, but otherwise, ideas and characters come and go, and maybe they return but maybe they don't.  Their official "continuity bubble" policy, likely conceived just so writers can be lazy but perhaps also because they have so little faith in their games that they might want to boot some out of canon, doesn't help.

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Somebody had attended an test screening of the movie at an local mall somewhere in California. However, he is not allowed to give away spoilers because he could get in trouble if he give any away. Here is the link to his reaction on the movie. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheMovie/comments/cqq7rd/saw_the_movie_a_while_back/

"And there's a whole scene dedicated to SA2."

Blatantly gonna be getting chased by Eggman's truck through San Fran.

I must say if that's true, it could make this movie at least a bit better.  But as ever, even if great stuff is in this movie, you can fault the trailer for not displaying it.

On that note, you think we'll ever see the "Everybody Dance Now" trailer?

3 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

"And there's a whole scene dedicated to SA2."

Blatantly gonna be getting chased by Eggman's truck through San Fran.

Maybe, he was referring to this? 

spacer.png

There was an green suit guy who was seen driving an Green Volvo SUV with minor damages spotted on set in Downtown Vancouver last year. That could be possibly Sonic behind the wheel. I don’t know. It’s feel weird seeing him driving an normal car.

There was also an fake SFPD car parked next to possibly some set vehicles.:

spacer.png

12 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

I must say if that's true, it could make this movie at least a bit better.  But as ever, even if great stuff is in this movie, you can fault the trailer for not displaying it.

On that note, you think we'll ever see the "Everybody Dance Now" trailer?

Haha given all this shit the first trailer got, I reckon the producers are in with editors now having a good hard think about whether they really want to include that in the final movie...

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the development hell came from the redesign project, sad because they could have avoided this with a good first design. The only reason why I think Paramount chose to listen to the fans is... because they want to save what they can, and the infamous success of the trailer (all those views) probably made them realise the movie could be a success at the box office, so they offered extra money for the redesign, otherwise no way this would have been possible.

The Sonic movie was in development before Detective Pikachu even started production. Before Pikachu's trailer released, it was thought to be impossible to create realistic CGi models of animated character's while staying true to their original look. I guess nobody thought to delay Sonic after Pikachu's trailer because they assumed Sonic's design wouldn't effect anything too much (people still thought the Detective Pikachu designs were creepy but most people seemed to tolerate it because they looked exactly like the original).

I actually wouldn't be shocked if Sonic ends up driving a car. From everything we've heard about this film, Sonic doesn't seem to exactly know how his speed works and he's only just getting used to it (again this is obviously an origin story). There has to be some sort of limitation to what Sonic can do. Otherwise it'd be pointless to see Sonic being capable of going so fast it looks like he's freezing time in an entire film where he could have just stopped Robotnik immediately. That scene where he's dodging missiles is likely at the climax.

Edit: Tim Miller did say that Sonic doesn't obtain his powers RIGHT AWAY. So I'm probably right.

Just want to share these posters that I just found. If you want to know where these are from. The first one is from Taiwan and the second one is from Hong Kong. I know we seen these before and both of them had the now scrapped Movie Sonic design. I just want to show these interesting logos seen in the posters. Looks nice. Eh?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Well, Paramount Switzerland apparently just posted the German version of the trailer online. Weird that they released this now despite the redesign announcement. Yea, and of course it get a lot of dislikes like the original version.

7 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, Paramount Switzerland apparently just posted the German version of the trailer online. Weird that they released this now despite the redesign announcement. Yea, and of course it get a lot of dislikes like the original version.

@0:25 Bruda, Muss Los? Brother, must go? They didn't bother to translate the Gotta Go Fast line? Lazy marketing right there.

Speaking of, that they are advertising in other countries with promos before the redesign feels suspect and rather odd. Like they're only going to use redesign for US/UK fans/audiences, but not bother for other countries and use the horrid original design. At least, it feels like it by what they're doing.

6 minutes ago, AdventChild said:

Like they're only going to use redesign for US/UK fans/audiences, but not bother for other countries and use the horrid original design. At least, it feels like it by what they're doing.

They're not going to render two versions of the movie.

11 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Wow. They deleted it. 

Something that kind of weirded me out about the trailer...

Sonic is apparently kind of awkward in this film because he's not used to Earth. He also originated from a planet where there's animals. How does he know what a ham sandwich is? I mean it's assumed that he had been on Earth for a while before he met Tom so I'm sure he knows what some terms are, and doesn't understand others (like how he thinks "athlete's foot" is a compliment). Does he know ham comes from pig and that people are eating it?

4 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Sonic is apparently kind of awkward in this film because he's not used to Earth. He also originated from a planet where there's animals. How does he know what a ham sandwich is? I mean it's assumed that he had been on Earth for a while before he met Tom so I'm sure he knows what some terms are, and doesn't understand others (like how he thinks "athlete's foot" is a compliment). Does he know ham comes from pig and that people are eating it?

Even in mediums with the “two worlds” thing, there have been normal animals on the other world. But because this is taking a more realistic approach to two worlds, maybe there’s pig-equivalent alien creatures?

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Technically, they already are.

A few scenes will be done twice but the majority will have had unfinished placeholders when they decided to redesign.

9 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

A few scenes will be done twice but the majority will have had unfinished placeholders when they decided to redesign.

For the sake of the budget, I hope you're right.

If the "news" for this month is a new trailer, expect something either tomorrow, the 26th, or the 28th. Remember what that guy who leaked the Robotnik image said, we should be getting close now to something.

I looked through movies coming out in late August and early September, and the only thing I found significant is IT: Chapter 2. Unless they're seriously considering releasing a trailer during Playmobil: The Movie.

Maybe this "news" is fake, or maybe it isn't a trailer.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:34 PM, Gamecuber64 said:

Because he's lived on Earth nearly all his life, but avoiding people.