Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Gangsters Paradise is on Page 380)

7 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, Paramount Switzerland apparently just posted the German version of the trailer online. Weird that they released this now despite the redesign announcement. Yea, and of course it get a lot of dislikes like the original version.

@0:25 Bruda, Muss Los? Brother, must go? They didn't bother to translate the Gotta Go Fast line? Lazy marketing right there.

Speaking of, that they are advertising in other countries with promos before the redesign feels suspect and rather odd. Like they're only going to use redesign for US/UK fans/audiences, but not bother for other countries and use the horrid original design. At least, it feels like it by what they're doing.

6 minutes ago, AdventChild said:

Like they're only going to use redesign for US/UK fans/audiences, but not bother for other countries and use the horrid original design. At least, it feels like it by what they're doing.

They're not going to render two versions of the movie.

11 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, Paramount Switzerland apparently just posted the German version of the trailer online. Weird that they released this now despite the redesign announcement. Yea, and of course it get a lot of dislikes like the original version.

Wow. They deleted it. 

Something that kind of weirded me out about the trailer...

Sonic is apparently kind of awkward in this film because he's not used to Earth. He also originated from a planet where there's animals. How does he know what a ham sandwich is? I mean it's assumed that he had been on Earth for a while before he met Tom so I'm sure he knows what some terms are, and doesn't understand others (like how he thinks "athlete's foot" is a compliment). Does he know ham comes from pig and that people are eating it?

4 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Sonic is apparently kind of awkward in this film because he's not used to Earth. He also originated from a planet where there's animals. How does he know what a ham sandwich is? I mean it's assumed that he had been on Earth for a while before he met Tom so I'm sure he knows what some terms are, and doesn't understand others (like how he thinks "athlete's foot" is a compliment). Does he know ham comes from pig and that people are eating it?

Even in mediums with the “two worlds” thing, there have been normal animals on the other world. But because this is taking a more realistic approach to two worlds, maybe there’s pig-equivalent alien creatures?

6 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Technically, they already are.

A few scenes will be done twice but the majority will have had unfinished placeholders when they decided to redesign.

9 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

A few scenes will be done twice but the majority will have had unfinished placeholders when they decided to redesign.

For the sake of the budget, I hope you're right.

If the "news" for this month is a new trailer, expect something either tomorrow, the 26th, or the 28th. Remember what that guy who leaked the Robotnik image said, we should be getting close now to something.

I looked through movies coming out in late August and early September, and the only thing I found significant is IT: Chapter 2. Unless they're seriously considering releasing a trailer during Playmobil: The Movie.

Maybe this "news" is fake, or maybe it isn't a trailer.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:34 PM, Gamecuber64 said:

Because he's lived on Earth nearly all his life, but avoiding people.

There's only 25 weeks of I know a rumour to go you have to make the most of it. Every week you're not saying something is coming soon is missed free attention.

18 hours ago, DabigRG said:

For the sake of the budget, I hope you're right.

From what I have seen in other movies deleted scenes they first put in a low quality model to get an impression of how the scene looks then render the more detailed verion later on.

"I had plans, but… our duo became a trio~

Being a trio means more teamwork, more ground to cover, more planning, and most importantly: More friendship!"

That kind of made me cringe. Nobody talks like that in real life. I think this is fake. Could be wrong though. Maybe they just talk weird.

On 8/25/2019 at 4:01 AM, Gamecuber64 said:

"I had plans, but… our duo became a trio~

Being a trio means more teamwork, more ground to cover, more planning, and most importantly: More friendship!"

That kind of made me cringe. Nobody talks like that in real life. I think this is fake. Could be wrong though. Maybe they just talk weird.

What is this you are quoting from exactly? But yes, sounds cheeeesy! Bork! 😂 

The strangest thing to me is how invested people are in all of this.  What, at this point, does anyone expect to see?  From a design angle, the best we'll get is a Sonic that looks like his game version, plus maybe some better textures, which will make the movie more pleasant to look at but hardly remarkable.  From a writing angle, likely nothing has changed; what we saw and heard in that trailer is still a likely microcosm of what we're going to get.

It's interesting to speculate how people would have regarded this movie if they'd gone with a more game-like design from the start.  I get the feeling most would just ignore it.  If not for bad publicity, this film might have none at all.

I don't know what I'm expecting to see really, I highly doubt we are going to get a game version sonic. Probably just a fan version of the original design. You know how some of the fan edits were much better in design, probably something along those lines? 

I'm sure it will be better than what we first saw, they had a couple of sonic fans in to help them didn't they? 

20 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

It's interesting to speculate how people would have regarded this movie if they'd gone with a more game-like design from the start.  I get the feeling most would just ignore it.  If not for bad publicity, this film might have none at all.

A good movie with no publicity is how cult classics are born.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:26 AM, Demondeano18 said:

I don't know what I'm expecting to see really, I highly doubt we are going to get a game version sonic. Probably just a fan version of the original design. You know how some of the fan edits were much better in design, probably something along those lines? 

I'm sure it will be better than what we first saw, they had a couple of sonic fans in to help them didn't they? 

Maybe hopefully similar to this?

spacer.png

Source