Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Opposite end of the spectrum to the I have news in a day posts. Instead of getting attention from hype its using established negativity for believeability.

31 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

So trailer possibly with Gemini Man?

Would be nice, but that Reddit post I linked to says they recently outsourced the animation to another company..

That has me thinking we might not see trailer 2 for a while. (I think the second trailer will probably show off Sonic's planet, one of the scenes Paramount outsourced to a different studio)

Anyway, I think it would be neat if the filmmakers put a Sega Genesis or Dreamcast in the background of Sonic's burrow in the movie.

22 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

You think they might be in the bar fight scene area or Sonic's lair/house thing?

Hmm, there seem to be a car bed right behind the guy with the Nike jacket. Maybe, this could be Sonic’s bed. It’s possibly likely that the set could be Tom’s home.

Huh. I was on YouTube and just noticed that Paramount took down the Gangsta's Paradise song (with the Sonic poster on the thumbnail, implying it was from the soundtrack for the movie) 

I wonder if this means anything?

14 hours ago, Myst said:

Huh. I was on YouTube and just noticed that Paramount took down the Gangsta's Paradise song (with the Sonic poster on the thumbnail, implying it was from the soundtrack for the movie) 

I wonder if this means anything?

*shrugs I guess we’ll find out, eventually.

22 hours ago, Myst said:

Would be nice, but that Reddit post I linked to says they recently outsourced the animation to another company..

Except the same post said only ONE SCENE is being outsourced.

37 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Except the same post said only ONE SCENE is being outsourced.

Yes, but that one scene (opening scene on Sonic's planet) I imagine would probably be a crucial element to trailer 2, to introduce audiences to who Sonic is in this movie, and give the audience a peek at his backstory.

If that's true, then it's possible we might not see the next trailer until December..

46 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

I wonder if the movie will get pushed back? Things are not looking good...

I doubt it. Paramount IS being very quiet on the movie, but Ben Schwartz did recently tweet about the redesign looking 'good' and halloween costumes based on the film have made it to store shelves.

Perhaps Paramount is waiting until all the visual effects are done to show off anything new? That way they can spam all the big action scenes all over the trailer to win back fans.

I feel like if Sonic released in November, they would have shown a trailer for the new SpongeBob movie around that same time, and during the previews for the film.

That's a movie I think will end up worse than Sonic (and I think Sonic will turn out at best, decent).

22 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Hmm, there seem to be a car bed right behind the guy with the Nike jacket. Maybe, this could be Sonic’s bed. It’s possibly likely that the set could be Tom’s home.

Yes Sonic's racecar bed lives! That immediatly makes me give this movie some points. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if there will be anything movie related shown there at New York Comic Con. It’s pretty unlikely there will be anything shown there. However, we will probably get some movie news somewhere next month. If not, maybe something on Nov 8th which is the old release date? 

BTW, I found the teaser poster with the Korean logo in it.:

spacer.png

Yea, I know this is old and Sonic’s now scrapped design had already been revealed, I just want to show something interesting.