Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

37 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Well, it is actually from their Fox arm, and doesn’t seem to necessarily be aimed at kids. But still, COTW’s easily Sonic’s one and only competitor. 

Unless it’s R-rated for whatever reason.

18 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Whenever the next trailer is dropping I expect they'll give about a days notice on social media.

I agree.

I think theres a possibility with Gemini Man... Maybe just wishful thinking. 

On 10/3/2019 at 2:59 AM, Heckboy said:

What if the new design is just a man in a cheap Sonic suit awkwardly inserted into every shot that previously had CGI Sonic?

That would just mean they swapped what looked like a kid in a Sonic suit and make-up for a grown man in a Sonic suit.

• Chuckle 2

42 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Russian promo. Releases February 20th over there’s.

So, they still not ready to show Sonic's redesign yet? Weird. 

BTW, here is another picture.:

EGG1u1TX0AEQs4U.jpg

Pictures were taken at IgroVir which is a video game convention in Russia.

Original Source

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, they still not ready to show Sonic's redesign yet? Weird. 

BTW, here is another picture.:

EGG1u1TX0AEQs4U.jpg

Pictures were taken at IgroVir which is a video game convention in Russia.

Original Source

Are you sure it's a video game convention? There's a poster of 'Gemini Man' in the back.

2 hours ago, Myst said:

Are you sure it's a video game convention? There's a poster of 'Gemini Man' in the back.

They made an adaptation of the robot master from Mega Man 3?

2 hours ago, Myst said:

Well, according to this guy, he confirmed the place where the ad was taken is a video game convention.:

BTW, the actual name of the convention is called IgroMir. I didn't realized that he actually accidentally misspelled it.

Looking through the IMDB page again. Not sure if this is an older entry or a new addition, but I noticed some guy, Andrew Swarbick, has been credited for 'trailer music' 

Interesting, because as we all know, the 1st trailer had music by Coolio, NOT this dude. Could this imply the 2nd trailer is ready to drop soon?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/fullcredits/music_department?ref_=m_ttfc_27

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Myst said:

Looking through the IMDB page again. Not sure if this is an older entry or a new addition, but I noticed some guy, Andrew Swarbick, has been credited for 'trailer music' 

Interesting, because as we all know, the 1st trailer had music by Coolio, NOT this dude. Could this imply the 2nd trailer is ready to drop soon?

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/fullcredits/music_department?ref_=m_ttfc_27

I found the dude's website and it seems like he's just the guy who composed the other small pieces of music throughout the original trailer (?)

I actually thought those other little bits were Junkie XL's score but apparently they aren't. Huh.

3 minutes ago, Palette said:

I found the dude's website and it seems like he's just the guy who composed the other small pieces of music throughout the original trailer (?)

I actually thought those other little bits were Junkie XL's score but apparently they aren't. Huh.

Ah. Bummer. I thought a trailer was imminent. =/

On 9/17/2019 at 6:55 PM, CaptainRobo said:

The development of this movie is very weird and confusing.:

First, this was all announced back in 2014 with Sony until Paramount take over back in 2017. Van and his partner were confirmed to be writing the movie until Patrick Casey and Josh Miller replaced them. The development got quiet until the filming and the cast were announced last year.

Back in 2015,  Iizuka was confirmed on Facebook that he was supervising the movie.

Reveal hidden contents

However despite that, he confirmed that he was not actually involved in the movie according to an interview with ladbible.:

"It's not a SEGA movie - we're not making it, or anything - and I'm only an advisor, really. But I do get shown things, and the [movie team] ask for my opinion. I'm also listening to what the fans are saying, and I'll feed that back to the director - he, and the producers, are very interested in receiving that feedback. At the end of the day, it's up to the team at Paramount to make something successful, but we're all looking forward to seeing the finished movie."

Source

At the end of 2016, Van who is one of the former writers promised that Sonic won't look too different.:

When Sonic’s movie design got revealed at the end of last year and it got a lot of backlash. Jeff and Tim has responded to the criticism and promised changes to the design back in January. 

Despite that they still go with the design. 

Look how that ended up.:

Reveal hidden contents

sonic-hedgehog-trailer-bad.jpg?w=1600&h=1600&q=88&f=dff2378b6e778c434af7499cc341c40c

The movie was originally going to be set to be released in 2018 which was last year, but got then pushed to this year. However again, thanks to the complaints, the movie got pushed again to next year.:

https://screencrush.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-2018/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sonic-hedgehog-movie-sets-2019-release-date-1086760

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/05/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-delayed-2020-redesign/amp

If the film was announced back in 2014 and soon push back to 2020 then we will be waiting for this movie for about 7 years. That’s a long time! 

Just want to point out something I forgot to talk about in that post I made a while ago. There was another confusing thing about the development. Tim Miller claimed that the only problem that Sega wasn’t happy with was his eyes.:

The filmmakers struggled with how best to depict Sonic’s eyes because often he’s only seen with one, and that wouldn’t translate well to the live-action movie.

“I don’t think SEGA was entirely happy with the eye decision, but these sorts of things you go, ‘It’s going to look weird if we don’t do this.’ But everything is a discussion, and that’s kind of the goal, which is to only change what’s necessary and stay true to the rest of it,” said Miller.

So, when these came out. It’s turned out that the eyes wasn’t the only problem. The whole entire design was a big problem. Everybody hated it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anyway, I’m glad they redesigning him. That was the right thing to do. Hopefully we get something like around next week.

Oh. Not sure if this mean anything. So, this might be hinting that Tyson Hesse is involved in the movie. Somebody noticed that the director, Jeff Fowler is following him. 

1 hour ago, GamerGirl54321 said:

Wasn't that confirmed a while ago?

Yea, this was unofficially confirmed. He had confirmed that he say he is involved in the movie at a event in Mexico.:

The information that I posted is just more evidence that he is working on the movie.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

The 2nd trailer will probably drop on either Tuesday or Thursday this week. 

No chance. 

3 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

No chance. 

Unfortunately, I agree. Paramount is going to be advertising the heck out of Gemini Man this week since it releases friday.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its possible but not guaranteed, other movies in its timeframe are getting trailers and there's 2 movies this week that they may want to get it infront of.

Nothing new here. I found a old set photo that Adam Pally posted. He doesn’t mention the filming of the movie on the post. If you look closer on the background, you can see the Green Hills filming set in Ladysmith. One of the cars which is the grey Ford Fusion right behind the lady walking with Adam that was used for a explosion scene can be also seen in the picture.

On 10/7/2019 at 3:23 PM, Myst said:

Unfortunately, I agree. Paramount is going to be advertising the heck out of Gemini Man this week since it releases friday.

Absolutely love your new avy, dude!

I had a feeling that we probably not likely going to get the trailer until November. Maybe on the day that the movie was supposed to be released on. I guess we should see. 

This person is claiming to have worked on the film (he has footage proof). He implies the movie is going to be bad. He's going to make a 4 part video series talking about the production of what it was like for him to work there.

• Thumbs Up 1