Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

There are plenty of people out there saying that the entire trailer is bad even if there was nothing wrong with Sonic's design, with the film looking like a very generic, uninspired load of Hollywood action rubbish. Drawn out and poorly written jokes, cliché scenes and Jim Carrey playing the role of Jim Carrey.

Sonic's design being so unbelievably bad has only distracted people from looking at the rest of the trailer. 

I know. I meant the majority of it and 99,3% of complaints. The design was universally hated. I doubt the movie is generic, even the government part is simply goofy, it's not a Transformers cliché thing, I appreciated that it pokes fun at those tropes and is aware of what it is, but from what I heard, assuming it's true, there is heart to it as well. Still wish it was more action oriented, but I'm okay if they mixed adventure comedy for kids and families with action too.

Yeah, considering Tyson 'liked' that tweet (and he's pretty much unofficially confirmed to be on the redesign team), I'd say that's a not-so cryptic hint that we're seeing something within the month, I'd wager. 

I don't expect it to 'save' the movie or anything, but I look forward to seeing what they've come up with.

• Thumbs Up 3

I remember when I saw Toy Story 4 (a day before its official release) there was a Dora trailer playing, and it hadn't even been released online until the next Tuesday. So maybe there's a redesign Sonic trailer playing during Gemini Man today but doesn't release online until Tuesday.

Another video came from the same guy who posted the last video.:

In the video, there were some footage of the explosion filming in the desert. The scene that I believe they were filming for is this scene which is seen in the trailer.:

spacer.png

spacer.png

He said in the comments of his previous video that he's expecting a trailer around this month or next month. He also said that the film will be an "entertaining mess", and that he thinks some people will like it, yet some won't. He hasn't seen the whole thing yet. He said the scenes he shot seemed "pretty solid" though.

And he said the Reddit leak has true information, but some of it also isn't true.

Well, the trailer probably isn't likely to be played before Gemini Man which come out tomorrow. Here's what TrailerTrack have to say on this.:

Also, somebody noticed this. Hmmm. 

6 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Another video came from the same guy who posted the last video.:

I get the feeling this will be an attempt at getting a few hunderd $ out of some mundane behind the scenes information

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Gamecuber64 said:

He said in the comments of his previous video that he's expecting a trailer around this month or next month. He also said that the film will be an "entertaining mess", and that he thinks some people will like it, yet some won't. He hasn't seen the whole thing yet. He said the scenes he shot seemed "pretty solid" though.

And he said the Reddit leak has true information, but some of it also isn't true.

Huh, I thought his point was to prove the movie sucks? I must have misread it, it sounds like he enjoyed working on it. At this point, everything seems like it's leaking about this film, the redesign is the only thing that hasn't come out… as of now.

Metal Sonic will not be in the movie. Both AMAs have said Sonic and Robotnik are the only characters from the video game.

(possible spoilers)

The screencap in question is from what I assume is the creation of the Eggmobile.

I think the blue hair Robotnik is seen with is what he uses to create the Eggmobile. Look closely at the desert scene. The turbines on the Eggmobile are glowing blue and it is keeping up with Sonic's speed. 

Another observation: At the end of the trailer when we see the 'true' Robotnik, look closely at his outfit. There's seatbelt straps on him and I think A CHAIR is stuck to his backside. (He must hit the eject button from the Eggmobile as Sonic returns to his planet at the end of the movie)

2 hours ago, Myst said:

The screencap in question is from what I assume is the creation of the Eggmobile.

I mostly agree with this assumption but with a small chance it could be an easter egg.

5 hours ago, Myst said:

Metal Sonic will not be in the movie. Both AMAs have said Sonic and Robotnik are the only characters from the video game.

(possible spoilers)

I think the blue hair Robotnik is seen with is what he uses to create the Eggmobile. Look closely at the desert scene. The turbines on the Eggmobile are glowing blue and it is keeping up with Sonic's speed. 

Another observation: At the end of the trailer when we see the 'true' Robotnik, look closely at his outfit. There's seatbelt straps on him and I think A CHAIR is stuck to his backside. (He must hit the eject button from the Eggmobile as Sonic returns to his planet at the end of the movie)

Oh, yeah. Whoops. Sorry, the head seen in the screencap look similar. Anyway, I think you are right. That could be the Eggmobile.

Also, it would be nice to see Metal Sonic in the movie.

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Oh, yeah. Whoops. Sorry, the head seen in the screencap look similar. Anyway, I think you are right. That could be the Eggmobile.

Also, it would be nice to see Metal Sonic in the movie.

Yeah, I would love to see Metal make an appearance.

Not very many big films left coming out this month. The only chance Sonic may have is if they release a trailer during Maleficent 2 (and we'd have to expect something this Tuesday or Thursday). If not, my best guess is that they'll show something when Frozen 2 releases. I personally think it's a bad decision to release a trailer during November, but then again, a lot of people are probably going to see Frozen 2.

29 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Not very many big films left coming out this month. The only chance Sonic may have is if they release a trailer during Maleficent 2 (and we'd have to expect something this Tuesday or Thursday). If not, my best guess is that they'll show something when Frozen 2 releases. I personally think it's a bad decision to release a trailer during November, but then again, a lot of people are probably going to see Frozen 2.

There is also a possible chance that the trailer might play during Playing with Fire which is the movie that take its release date. It’s another Paramount movie that stars John Cena. It was originally going to be released next year, but got pushed back to the date that the Sonic movie supposed to be released.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:23 AM, Eurisko said:

If this has already been reported on somewhere I apologise. 

This is just.........awful.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/10/11/sonic-hedgehog-movie-mask/

Wow.  This film has given the world a lot of ugliness, but that thing I might not even have realized was Sonic if not told.

And it might be my costume this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

What do you think the latest date is that a movie has to start advertising trailers this close to release? 

Well Dolittle is out in 3 months and just had its first trailer.

7 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Wow.  This film has given the world a lot of ugliness, but that thing I might not even have realized was Sonic if not told.

And it might be my costume this year.

It is indeed ugly.

21 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

This popped up on Twitter. No clue if it’s real. 

DUDE! I think this is it! I think we have the redesign! 😮

👍👍👍👍

Not sure if this is the real deal or another fan mockup.

Have we seen that particular angle of Jim Carrey's Eggman on the poster yet? That could be a clue for this image's legitimacy if we haven't, since it'd likely rule out a fan just editing a screenshot from the trailer into this poster or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic on the left looks a little.. Derpy in my opinion, but the image of Robotnik behind him, with the drones, electrcity effects, ring and speed limit sign looks authentic. The second picture of Sonic looks a lot more detailed. I think this is it, guys! 😁

2 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

Have we seen that particular angle of Jim Carrey's Eggman on the poster yet? That could be a clue for this image's legitimacy if we haven't, since it'd likely rule out a fan just editing a screenshot from the trailer into this poster or something.

Not that I recall.

30 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

This popped up on Twitter. No clue if it’s real. 

Looks close enough to be real. Arms looks identical to the teaser image.:

spacer.png

• Fist Bump 1