Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

38 minutes ago, Myst said:

You know how they used Coolio's 'Gangsta's Paradise' for trailer 1?

This may sound stupid, but I want to hear Eminem's 'Without Me' for trailer 2. It'd be a funny song to accommodate his new design unveiling. (Obviously the swear words would be removed)

'Guess who's back? Back again? Sonic's back, tell a friend. Guess who's back? Guess who's back? Guess who's back? Guess who's back?'

This looks like a job for me, so everybody just follow me, cause we need a little controversy cause it feels so empty without me!'

I hope.

I would have though 2-Pac's 'Changes' would have been more appropriate 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Of course leaks are always legit. Now if you excuse me, I’m going back to playing Rayman and Shadow in Smash.

Clearly that was only to test people's reactions. No one liked them, so they're not in the game. /s

• Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 1

Remind me when there's a new trailer.

Also, that leak, it may reservice again...

Spoiler

I mean, I wish, but still.

4 hours ago, Eurisko said:

I would have though 2-Pac's 'Changes' would have been more appropriate 😉

Sorry, if any song named "Changes" is used, it has to be David Bowie's 😉

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

48 minutes ago, Jango said:

Sorry, if any song named "Changes" is used, it has to be David Bowie's 😉

LOL!! Nice , Hadn’t thought of that. If we are going down the David Bowie route we may as well mix ‘Under Pressure’ in there as well. 

I'm torn.

On the one hand, this new design - if it's legitimate - is better than the old design by a country mile. It's definitely improved, and I'm glad we're getting this instead of the old one.

But then a part of me wonders if I'm being more charitable to the new design just because of how much worse the old one is in comparison. If this design was the first thing I saw, how would I have reacted? I'm not sure. Truthfully, there are parts of it that kinda bug me: the proportions, the face, and I'm honestly not wild about how fuzzy Sonic is either. I know they're going for a sort of "cartoony realism" here with all the visible fur, but it's just not grabbing me.

I don't hate it, but I definitely don't love it. Still glad they ditched the old design, either way.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Mechano said:

But then a part of me wonders if I'm being more charitable to the new design just because of how much worse the old one is in comparison. If this design was the first thing I saw, how would I have reacted? I'm not sure. Truthfully, there are parts of it that kinda bug me: the proportions, the face, and I'm honestly not wild about how fuzzy Sonic is either. I know they're going for a sort of "cartoony realism" here with all the visible fur, but it's just not grabbing me.

The problem is that as glaringly bad as the previous design is, the design is only one problem with the movie so "better by comparison" is probably the best we can hope for at this point.  Even if the design were perfect, it wouldn't fix the writing or the acting or any other factors that go into the movie's production.  I can say that if this were the first thing I saw, I'd probably say I don't like it.  I've never been a fan of Sonic having very textured fur, even when it's not as sickeningly designed as the original or even the model from Eddie Lebron's film.  For all its faults, they made the right decision scrapping the furry Sonic that they were originally planning in Sonic '06, because they understandably saw that Sonic's design simply does not lend itself well to that level of realism and detail any more so than Homer Simpson's design does.

At present, I'm pretty much also in the "I don't love it, but I don't hate it" camp  He just looks like a bootleg plush toy.  The obvious solution here is to have the movie be a marionette drama instead of a live action movie, that way the design is thoroughly consistent.  I'm joking although I would be far more interested in a Sonic marionette drama than a live action movie.

• Thumbs Up 6

If this is true, it's miles better. It actually looks like Sonic and not some weird art from someone who has never really seen Sonic. At least, that was my impression of the first design and trailers. (Shudders). 

Though, I'm waiting for whenever they decide to release the new trailer. Even though they say this is real, it could still be rumor and we won't actually know if it's true or not until the trailer drop. To be honest, I don't look for a trailer until sometime around December since the movie is in February. October or November, realistically, would be too early for a trailer. Yet, I have seen the rare occasion when a movie is about six months from release so we'll see. 

Either way, this is a whole lot better. Blue arms aside, of course, but that's just a tiny detail really. I honestly didn't mind his blue arms in Boom so it's not a deal breaker for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, OnyxCrimsonBlur said:

October or November, realistically, would be too early for a trailer.

Realistically we already have trailer 2's from movies the same week as Sonic and later released this month.

Huh, okay. I just remember seeing some trailers come out only  a few months before the movie releases. Guess it depends on the project and the studio working on it then. Oh well. 

giphy.gif

There's enough of a pattern to trailer release timing to set some level of expectation but ample that don't fit that pattern to not worry if someting is a little later.

Looks real enough to me and it also looks like Tyson's design. Get Tee Lopes/Jun to make the trailer music and everything will be golden.  How long after we got that Jim Carrey screenshot in the same quality as these Sonic ones did we get the trailer?

• Thumbs Up 2

This BestInTheGalaxy guy is followed by Sega on Twitter... Perhaps this adds further validity? Perhaps this leak is not accidental?

• Thumbs Up 1

If the leak design is legit then I will say that it is indeed a good improvement and is something they should had just gone with in the first place instead of trying something super risky with no real public testing beforehand.

Maybe those pics are just posed oddly, but his body in the leaked pics shown feels wonky in proportions. Next is the fact he looks so cartoony again now... to the point I don't see why in that case they didn't just use the canon modern Sonic game model with a few extra minor edits, including movie detailed fur texture and just separate the eyes if that really bothered them and otherwise left it alone, because to me their movie model here still looks slightly inferior to SEGA's model in certain ways.

On another related note, the movie story is making Sonic a "alien," so from the start they never needed to force him to fit in when it comes to realistic designs... however part of me still likes the idea of seeing somebody skilled enough try to do a realistic Sonic, regardless the movie team had their shot with that and failed big-time. Part of the problem is trying to bring over-stylized fantasy anthropomorphic characters into real life often leads to horrible results in general, It is a super challenge to take on.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

This BestInTheGalaxy guy is followed by Sega on Twitter... Perhaps this adds further validity? Perhaps this leak is not accidental?

Probably.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

image.png.99f0342d04f6b49f193956fd5f70131e.png

SEGA follows me, too. Doesn't mean anything.

Or does it?...

• Chuckle 6

Considereing what we know about Sega's involvement with the film shouldn't we be looking for Paramount and other people involved with it following.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:21 AM, Operationgamer17 said:

This popped up on Twitter. No clue if it’s real. 

Looks great! I could be real. I hope so!

• Thumbs Up 1

MxfzcrM.jpgEHFGiWSXYAEzfwg.jpg

Found this on Twitter. From my own research this dude's actually the Spanish voice of Sonic in the film?

Text roughly translates to "We're almost ready to record!". Hoo boy.. I don't wanna say "new trailer really soon guys", but new trailer might be really soon? Then again that could just be a script for the actual film instead of just the trailer so..

• Thumbs Up 4