Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

33 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

I spent what seemed like forever comparing pics of Tim Miller to that guy on the stream earlier , flicking back and forth from one screen to the other and I'm still not sure if it's him. He looks like him in some photos but not others.

Well, he does kind look like him, but he have a bit of hair on his head. I'm not sure that guy is actually Tim Miller and why did he shown up at the end.

Anyway, here is the time and the date for SXSW starting next Friday.

Maybe, hopefully we could get some more new info about the movie there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Well, he does kind look like him, but he have a bit of hair on his head. I'm not sure that guy is actually Tim Miller and why did he shown up at the end.

Anyway, here is the time and the date for SXSW starting next Friday.

Maybe, hopefully we could get some more new info about the movie there.

I'm willing to bet what gets revealed could be either the movie , the next main game or that rumoured racer. 

Cant wait for the panel , just gotta work out what time that will be in the UK , hopefully there will be an official live stream.

Ok, here what I think what movie news that we could likely get from the SXSW next Friday. I think we could get a logo and a cast. That's probably all I could think that we could get from this event.

Not unless this is a sequel to Space Jam, Sonic can't look like he walked off the set of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. 

So, how many of you are like me, where you're just terrified beyond all capacity for rational thought when it comes to this movie?

The idea that in a sea of failed video game movies, the one that's gonna come on top as the one that actually managed to be good is the series that can't even tell a good story when literally all the elements to easily make one are handed to them on a silver platter. Forget, the fact that this thing was announced with two different directors that got switiched out, pushed back from the original release date, shifted to a different movie studio entirely, and had it's release date pushed back again. Just forget all that for a moment...

If it turned out this thing had a kernel of quality to its name, could we officially declare the day it came out the day where it's officially useless to predict the quality of anything Sonic related ever again? Or at least come to the consensus that hell froze over. We could at least agree on that right? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

So, how many of you are like me, where you're just terrified beyond all capacity for rational thought when it comes to this movie?

The idea that in a sea of failed video game movies, the one that's gonna come on top as the one that actually managed to be good is the series that can't even tell a good story when literally all the elements to easily make one are handed to them on a silver platter. Forget, the fact that this thing was announced with two different directors that got switiched out, pushed back from the original release date, shifted to a different movie studio entirely, and had it's release date pushed back again. Just forget all that for a moment...

If it turned out this thing had a kernel of quality to its name, could we officially declare the day it came out the day where it's officially useless to predict the quality of anything Sonic related ever again? Or at least come to the consensus that hell froze over. We could at least agree on that right? 

I'm not "terrified" of this moving failing because I don't think Sonic's reputation can be tarnished much more than it already is, plus my investment in the Sonic series is at a very low ebb right now...but I do agree that I have no hope of this movie being good. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but for now I'm assuming the worst. Sometimes I doubt it will even be made. Which might be a better outcome...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I'm not "terrified" of this moving failing because I don't think Sonic's reputation can be tarnished much more than it already is,

Oh I do. It can always get worse. It took me a while to learn that but it can totally always get worse.

• Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Forget, the fact that this thing was announced with two different directors that got switiched out, pushed back from the original release date, shifted to a different movie studio entirely, and had it's release date pushed back again.

Wait, I don't think there was a director announced before Jeff Fowler was the director of the Sonic Movie, or did you mean Van and his partner Evan who were replaced by the guys that write Golan the Insatiable?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Wait, I don't think there was a director announced before Jeff Fowler was the director of the Sonic Movie, or did you mean Van and his partner Evan who were replaced by the guys that write Golan the Insatiable?

Sure. Whichever one was replaced by who. Point is, they're doing the typical development hell stuff. You know.

Well, with the movie received a release date, and filming planning to start in Atlanta in July, the movie is happening. I'm not expecting this movie to be good, but I expect to be a dumb fun action packed movie. LOL.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/11/2018 at 11:05 PM, CaptainRobo said:

I'm not expecting this movie to be good, but I expect to be a dumb fun action packed movie. LOL.

That's a feasible expectation.

2 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

That's a feasible expectation.

Well, that's what I expected to be the movie to be. It is going to be a dumb silly action packed movie like the Fast and the Furious movies. 

I realized that Van mentioned that movie is going to start filming in June or July, he was right when there were reports of the movie is going to start filming in Atlanta this July. I'm wonder how did he managed to get all this information even though he is no longer working on the movie. He must have got some contact with the director Jeff Fowler or Tim Miller. I don't know.

So, at the SXSW, they did mentioned the movie and when it is going to be releasing, but not that much. However, they did showed this.:

DYb_rtRWsAA99Eg.jpg

I like how they put the Deadpool and the Fast and Furious posters with Sonic on the screen. LOL.

Here is another example of Sonic with realistic fur.:

• Thumbs Up 1

It appears the movie's releasing later in the UK. 

...the week before Star Wars Episode IX

• Chuckle 3
  • Absolutely 6

8 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Get ready for the most one-sided box office clash of the year

I thought it has to release in the same week to officially consider it a clash. On another note, we should probably wait and see for this date, considering that it might not be the finalized release date.

3 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

So, wait, UK will not get the movie like the rest of the world until the week before Star Wars? 

Oh boy, this is gonna to be interesting.

Anyway, someone on this website make up their own plot for the Sonic Movie. Take a look, if you have the time.:

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, wait, UK will not get the movie like the rest of the world until the week before Star Wars? 

Oh boy, this is gonna to be interesting.

Anyway, someone on this website make up their own plot for the Sonic Movie. Take a look, if you have the time.:

Wow, thanks for noticing my post, I thought it was dead and buried.

13 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

I thought it has to release in the same week to officially consider it a clash.

Blake Stone was popular the week it came out....I say the WEEK because Doom came out the week after.

8I really like your pitch. Only things I don't care for are the "Peter" charcter. I feel like Sonic following the cliche route of every CG/Live action of the animal character helping some random guy who finds him, get his girl back is unnecessary. Just focus on Sonic and friends with a couple of human characters sprinkled in. 

The other thing I don't like is Smith coming back to voice Sonic/game cast returning. There are much better actors out there in Hollywood that fit Sonic better than him. Zac Efron, Aaron Taylor Johnson and Evan Peters are my picks for Sonic. I can't stand Smith's Sonic and especially in Forces where his performance felt phoned-in. This movie is a chance to let someone else voice Sonic for a change. Same with the other characters. My cast for Sonic and friends:

Aaron Taylor-johnson - Sonic the Hedgehog 

Judah Lewis - Miles Tails Prower

Emily VanCamp - Amy Rose

Michael B. Jordan - Knuckles the Echidna 

Doctor Ivo Robotnik - Bryan Cranston 

But there are some elements in there I really like. Like a Gun commander who hates Sonic (played by SLJ) and wants to dissect him and capture. Would be a good secondary antagonist. And Eggman turning people into badniks and making them fight Sonic is also an awesome idea. Maybe the ending, Sonic can make a deal with the Government and the President after saving Station Square

This movie is a  long long way off, I remember Alien Covenant got pulled forward twice last year in the UK at a moments notice. These dates are not set in stone but should be a good indicator of the average release window they are aiming for.

7 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

Wow, thanks for noticing my post, I thought it was dead and buried.

You're welcome. Just want to show people to imagine what would the plot of the movie could be about. I like what you have in your plot.

Anyway, might be kinda unrelated and this is nothing, here is a tweet of Van introducing himself to one of the current Sonic movie writers.:

He respond with this.:

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for double posting again, I want to show some examples of Live Action/CGI movies that were recent releases. Oh, and both of these are really terrible. So, I'm going to tell you what are the two movies.:

A couple years ago, the Woody Woodpecker Movie was originally planned to be an animated film. Illumination (Despicable Me) was planned to be making the film, but in July 2013, they sadly cancelled the project. Later, after the cancellation, the movie was brought back as a Live Action CGI Hybrid. It was released only in Brazil because Woody Woodpecker is popular there, and later in the U.S. as a direct-to-video movie. So, if you want to know the story of this and how awful this is. I recommend you watch this video.:

Another one was Peter Rabbit. This movie was recently released in theaters last month. It was based on the stories and was created by Sony which they used to hold to the rights to the Sonic Movie. James Corden voiced the main character, while several other actors like Daisy Ridley (Star Wars) and Margot Robbie (Suicide Squad) voiced the other animals. The movie did spark some controversy where there was a scene where the main character and his cohorts torture the farmer with blackberries. After that, Sony apologize for the scene.

I'm so glad that Paramount now have the rights to the Sonic Movie. Yea, they may not been the best movie studio, but the movie is in better hands than Sony's hands. 

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Sorry for double posting again, I want to show some examples of Live Action/CGI movies that were recent releases. Oh, and both of these are really terrible. So, I'm going to tell you what are the two movies.:

A couple years ago, the Woody Woodpecker Movie was originally planned to be an animated film. Illumination (Despicable Me) was planned to be making the film, but in July 2013, they sadly cancelled the project. Later, after the cancellation, the movie was brought back as a Live Action CGI Hybrid. It was released only in Brazil because Woody Woodpecker is popular there, and later in the U.S. as a direct-to-video movie. So, if you want to know the story of this and how awful this is. I recommend you watch this video.:

Another one was Peter Rabbit. This movie was recently released in theaters last month. It was based on the stories and was created by Sony which they used to hold to the rights to the Sonic Movie. James Corden voiced the main character, while several other actors like Daisy Ridley (Star Wars) and Margot Robbie (Suicide Squad) voiced the other animals. The movie did spark some controversy where there was a scene where the main character and his cohorts torture the farmer with blackberries. After that, Sony apologize for the scene.

I'm so glad that Paramount now have the rights to the Sonic Movie. Yea, they may not been the best movie studio, but the movie is in better hands than Sony's hands. 

You know, even tough Sonic eats chili dogs, I honestly hope theres no fart jokes.  Oh wow that Woody Woodpecker movie such hot garbage.    

36 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

You know, even tough Sonic eats chili dogs, I honestly hope theres no fart jokes. 

There definitely won't be. Because first of all, that's bottom of the barrel material of jokes. Second, I trust the people behind the movie know there's far far FAR better jokes to be made.