Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Hmm, according to this leak that there could be a game based on the movie.

I don't know, it look fake, but it was one of the games in this datamined list.:

https://imgur.com/E8AltM9

Here is the name, if you don't want to keep looking for it.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I don't know, it look fake, but it was one of the games in this datamined list.:

I actually theorized that a game would release with the movie, so I knew Sega wouldn't want to pass it up like Sony/Universal with Ratchet & Clank. You know this list also includes a non-olympics Sonic and Mario game, again with the Sonic Heroes remake, the new unknown title Sonic racer. Now the name of the Sonic Movie game's title sounds more like a Sonic comic or episode title rather than a game title. I can understand that this list probably doesn't contain final names and these are games supposed to release in the next year or so.

This list also contains Crash Wrath of Cortex remake and Spyro Treasure Trilogy, as well as a new Spongebob game. By the way is there a similar list like this one with upcoming data-mined PS4 games.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I actually theorized that a game would release with the movie, so I knew Sega wouldn't want to pass it up like Sony/Universal with Ratchet & Clank. You know this list also includes a non-olympics Sonic and Mario game, again with the Sonic Heroes remake, the new unknown title Sonic racer. Now the name of the Sonic Movie game's title sounds more like a Sonic comic or episode title rather than a game title. I can understand that this list probably doesn't contain final names and these are games supposed to release in the next year or so.

This list also contains Crash Wrath of Cortex remake and Spyro Treasure Trilogy, as well as a new Spongebob game. By the way is there a similar list like this one with upcoming data-mined PS4 games.

Well, I don't know if this leak is real, but there is a high chance of that it could be fake. So, I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.

Anyway, I feel like that the movie might take some inspiration from Sonic Adventure. We most likely to see Station Square in the film, since the news of the movie filming in Atlanta could hint that the movie could take place in a city, most likely Station Square.

19 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

If were actually getting a sonic and mario cross over, sonic heroes hd and a movie tie in game alongside this new racer. Im going to have the biggest nerdgasm ever would actually be screaming and dancing around my room. this list was made a month ago and some games on there got announced this month which is intresting to say the least.

So, since we still don’t know much about the plot of the movie, I decided to envision of how the Sonic Movie could like. It’s fun and creative to imagine stuff. So, I drew this picture. B2213D05-5D45-4F29-9EC2-7C1DA2AD64CB.thumb.jpeg.931f76a83ab42673a521f547e4f90acd.jpeg

This is what I could imagine of what could happen in the movie. 

So, what you guys think? Please don’t hate me for this. I know that the movie is probably most likely end up having some things that people don’t like. This is what I could imagine of a Live-Action/CGI hybrid Sonic film.

• Thumbs Up 3

That list is bogus, unsurprisingly - at least one guy's taken responsibility for making it (one of the SiIvaGunner blokes, IIRC) and the Spyro Treasure Trilogy name was literally made up by that Reddit dude. The catalogue IDs in the original list are also ripped straight from a list of Wii U IDs IIRC. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Still, it would be cool to get a game based on the movie 

Not really.

We know next to nothing about this movie, so there is zero reasons to hope for something like that.

• Thumbs Up 4

Games based on movies are normally terrible and often sell badly. Plus in this case it would be a game based on a movie, based on a game series... Those are the worse.

So lets just hope SEGA are smart enough not to try to do that... Asking a lot I know.

39 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Games based on movies are normally terrible and often sell badly. Plus in this case it would be a game based on a movie, based on a game series... Those are the worse.

So lets just hope SEGA are smart enough not to try to do that... Asking a lot I know.

Ratchet and Clank PS4 was alot more well received than the movie, so I think a Sonic Movie + tie-in game would work good for the series. Ratchet & Clank PS4 even outsold the other Ratchet & Clank games for PS2 and PS3.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Ratchet and Clank PS4 was alot more well received than the movie, so I think a Sonic Movie + tie-in game would work good for the series.

Wasn't both the game and movie based after the first original game? So that wasn't quite a movie game.

• Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Not really.

We know next to nothing about this movie, so there is zero reasons to hope for something like that.

We don't know a lot but we do know gives me faith that this will be an awsome movie.

Anyway, having just seen Pacific Rim Uprising, I hope Sonic has a similar tone and atmosphere. There should be a lot of badass Sonic moments in the movie 

10 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Wasn't both the game and movie based after the first original game? So that wasn't quite a movie game.

Yes they were. But, my point was that Ratchet & Clank PS4 ( a game based on a movie, based on a game series), and games of that sort are not always terrible and R&C PS4 proved that.

26 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Yes they were. But, my point was that Ratchet & Clank PS4 ( a game based on a movie, based on a game series), and games of that sort are not always terrible and R&C PS4 proved that.

... No it didn't? the game was a remake of a old game. It wasn't just a movie game.

Besides a single exception wouldn't really prove much of anything. Normally movie games are awful, and I did say normally and not "always." Also it's a bit much to expect SEGA to do a good job at a Sonic movie game with their track record.

So, when one person asked one of the Sonic Movie Writers about the movie tie in game rumor, the writer hope that it is true.:

He also asked the writer if they know if there is a tie in movie game that could existed would be based on the movie plot. He respond with this.:

Oh, anyway, this is kinda unrelated, I sent a tweet about my picture, he loved the drawing. I also tell him that I drew this just to envision of how the Sonic Movie could look like.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:17 AM, CaptainRobo said:

So, since we still don’t know much about the plot of the movie, I decided to envision of how the Sonic Movie could like. It’s fun and creative to imagine stuff. So, I drew this picture. B2213D05-5D45-4F29-9EC2-7C1DA2AD64CB.thumb.jpeg.931f76a83ab42673a521f547e4f90acd.jpeg

I hope Sonic the Hedgehog eats a chili dog at Sonic Drive-In in this movie now.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

On the bright side, Paramount's magnum opus Sherlock Gnomes is out now. Wet your appetite with this masterpiece while you wait for the Sonic movie to storm the box office...

You will believe a garden gnome can dance in a thong swimsuit.

• Promotion 1

Made another envision of the movie, this time with more characters.

battle_of_station_square_by_kitsuoi-dc72huc.thumb.jpg.7569ff76af71fae3c8b9f602ac5e064a.jpg

So, anyway, there was this guy who goes with the name Atlanta Filming on Twitter. He say that he had dropped hints about Sonic one day, which he is referring to the movie filming in Atlanta.

I don't know, but this guy usually report news about movies filming in Atlanta. He seem to be an accurate source for that. 

So, anybody in Atlanta wants to be an extra for the movie?

• Thumbs Up 3

Sorry for double posting again. I know this tweet is old, but I don’t think anybody have heard about this. According to Van, he mentioned that he wrote a scene where Eggman had a coffee machine, but the scene and the machine were dropped. He doesn’t know why they were dropped.

• Thumbs Up 6

4 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Coffee maker labeled Mean Bean Machine ... I want this thing!

#CforCoffeeMachine? it matches with #TforToaster ... XD

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Coffee maker labeled Mean Bean Machine ... I want this thing!

Forget about the Sonic Toaster, we need this! NOW!

it can double as a puyo puyo reference too

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is another envision that I made. I feel like that the Sonic Movie is going to have some car chases, since Neal H. Moritz who is known for producing the Fast and the Furious movies. So, I made this. Enjoy!

DZcamXmVoAI9ojA.thumb.jpg.ca6f3afdaa84a70fa524bfe5c10acf10.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

So, anyway, I found these two animations of Sonic. I think the animation in the movie could be similar like these. However, with Marza and Blur Studio working together on the movie, the animation will be gorgeous. I really can’t wait to see how it look like.

• Thumbs Up 1