Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

10 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

So Eggman will be CGI or what?

And the humans will be real right?

Don't know

Well.. it's not live action so they can just stick CGI humans and animals onto a live-action set

So in simple words:

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, CGI Humans, CGI environments.

OR

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, CGI Humans, Real environments.

OR

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, Real Humans, Real environments... ??

ETC

Which one?

11 hours ago, Razule said:

Don't know

Well.. it's not live action so they can just stick CGI humans and animals onto a live-action set

Most likely they will just put real people in the set, while Sonic and his friends will probably be CGI. I mean the movie filming in Atlanta this summer, which means that this is confirmed that they are still moving with the Live Action/CGI hybrid part. The movie is most likely set in a city setting, most likely Station Square. They will probably get hundreds of extras to play as civilians there.

https://omegaunderground.com/2018/03/04/sonic-hedgehog-cgi-live-action-hybrid-movie-sprinting-towards-july-start-atlanta/

11 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

So in simple words:

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, CGI Humans, CGI environments.

OR

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, CGI Humans, Real environments.

OR

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, Real Humans, Real environments... ??

ETC

Which one?

Well, I'm not sure if Eggman will be CGI like Sonic and his friends. If they try to make him have a realistic appearance, (sigh) he might have something similar like this.:

SonicNext_Eggman_Mustache_2006-04-04.jpg

I guess we will have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Sonic Movie now reportedly shooting in Vancouver. Not an April fool’s joke, apparently.
https://omegaunderground.com/2018/04/01/update-sonic-the-hedgehog-moves-filming-to-vancouver-lands-start-date/ 

So, they moved the filming from Atlanta to Vancouver, and the reason was that Atlanta was a busy production space. Well, anyway, Vancouver is also another cheap location that was used for filming like Godzilla and Planet of the Apes reboot movies. Heck, even Deadpool and its sequel were filmed there. That place is also popular for filming TV shows like Psych, The Flash, Supergirl, and Arrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

My apologies for double posting, but I want to show another picture that I draw just to imagine what would the action in the movie would look like.

sonic_streets_by_kitsuoi-dc81cza.jpg

Also, might be a bit off-topic, but, some of the X-Men movies like X-2 were also filmed there. I'm was a bit surprised that they move locations, but I was not surprised that they choose Vancouver to filmed the movie, since a lot of movies are filmed there these days. I guess the tax is cheaper than Atlanta.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

So, while I was looking over the internet, I somehow found this. According to this LA Times article about the Paramount Pictures CEO it say this:

Gianopulos bought the Sega video game adaptation after seeing early footage that previewed the film's tone and humor. 

There is no way that he had seen footage unless the footage he had seeing is animated. They haven't started filming yet. So, yea, it must have been animated footage that he had saw.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-jim-gianopulos-paramount-20180424-story.html

• Thumbs Up 3

I think Gianopulos saw a proof of concept trailer and other early concept stuff like animatics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Marza puts out impressive stuff. We already know that's the strongest foot forward of anything that has to do with this movie.

If the initial animatics and storyboarding looked good enough for a buy in, that doesn't tell us much beyond Marza is still being Marza. The sky is blue and the grass is green. lol

• Thumbs Up 3

Here is the paragraph from the same article, which indicates Sonic is nearing production.

Multiple long-awaited projects are now nearing production, including the "Terminator" reboot, directed by "Deadpool's" Tim Miller and produced by James Cameron. (Fox is co-financing the movie and releasing internationally.) Another important effort is the studio's computer-animated and live-action hybrid "Sonic the Hedgehog," produced by Neal Mortiz, which was previously set up at Sony. Gianopulos bought the Sega video game adaptation after seeing early footage that previewed the film's tone and humor.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

6 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Here is the paragraph from the same article, which indicates Sonic is nearing production.

Multiple long-awaited projects are now nearing production, including the "Terminator" reboot, directed by "Deadpool's" Tim Miller and produced by James Cameron. (Fox is co-financing the movie and releasing internationally.) Another important effort is the studio's computer-animated and live-action hybrid "Sonic the Hedgehog," produced by Neal Mortiz, which was previously set up at Sony. Gianopulos bought the Sega video game adaptation after seeing early footage that previewed the film's tone and humor.

Intresting about the tone and humor however didn't van say it  became  more action focused with Tim miller.

11 minutes ago, Sr101 said:

We've got a logo.

https://twitter.com/KnightGambit/status/989302699588964352

Interesting setting for the background... it seems the other logos are using all the space for art, so that must be tied to the film.

I eagerly await more info! 

That logo looks kind of... Bad. Like, amature first time using Photoshop in high school bad.

And what is with that background, this is Sonic not The Roadrunner, lol.

• Thumbs Up 6

Here is the logo with a desert background, going with a road runner scenario? Just kidding, I have no idea what Sonic game features a similar feel level if any have one.

Dbq1ft-UQAAhIFg.jpg                     I know movies like HTTYD3 and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom were at Cinemacon, but I didn't think they'd do Sonic this early. That scene looks to be live-action, I thought filming didn't start until later this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Logo could be a placeholder. So, it might not be the final logo. Movies like Thor Ragnarok and Captain Marvel had their logos changed. Anyway, I'm curious about the background. Is this movie going to be some road trip themed. I don't know. We will have to wait and see about the plot synopsis to see what it's all about.

For your question about the filming. Filming will start in July in Vancouver. Originally, it's was planned to be filmed in Atlanta, but they switched locations.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

I'm way more surprised that we are getting yet another Terminator than seeing the Sonic movie logo TBH...

And yep, that logo screams "placeholder" to me.

It's most likely a placeholder logo like the Terminator one. And the road is there to represent Sonic running. Just glad this movie is actually happening this time, it's been almost 4 years since it was announced. Wonder if they'll show a sizzle reel/Proof of concept trailer at Cinemacon 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/25/2018 at 6:16 PM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Here is the logo with a desert background, going with a road runner scenario? Just kidding, I have no idea what Sonic game features a similar feel level if any have one.

Dbq1ft-UQAAhIFg.jpg                     I know movies like HTTYD3 and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom were at Cinemacon, but I didn't think they'd do Sonic this early. That scene looks to be live-action, I thought filming didn't start until later this year.

Perfect.  The teaser trailer will be out by E3 or Comic Con.

1 hour ago, a knothole resident said:

Perfect.  The teaser trailer will be out by E3 or Comic Con.

Well,  We probably not likely to get one until like around next year. They haven't started filming yet. Usually movies have their trailers out a couple more months before their release date.

Maybe, hopefully the characters would look like this.:

kuirt0gke5l01.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2